Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Lack of Topical Diversity is Killing Hip Hop and Its Listeners

-

I agree with Sosa. Most rappers shouldn't educate their fans because that's not their job. Schools and parents are supposed to educate their kids. Black kids especially black men that don't like school, they need to go to the library to educate themselves because there's lots of books about black history and there's books about how to get a job and what job careers there are. Black men in the hood need to aspire to be more than a drug dealer, rapper, NBA player, NFL player. There's lots of jobs that pay good but unfortunately black men won't take the time to learn these job careers because ignorant black men think wearing a suit and tie is for white men. There's some hard labor jobs that pay good if you don't wanna wear a suit and tie.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

It's not the limited subject matter that's the problem, I think it's because the subject matter is always some negative shit. Like drugs, murder, rape, kill this cop, kill that dude, or just plain ignorant shit.

You have rap groups like Blackalicious, Brother Ali or Atmosphere who talk about more positive things in their songs, I think it's important that there needs to be more positivity in its music rather than always the same dark subject matters

-

I agree but unfortunately ignorant rappers sell more than the positive rappers. Most rap fans don't wanna hear positive music and record companies know that. Speaking of positive rappers, I checked out rapper Paris Facebook page yesterday and I see he said he has a double album coming out. I'm glad he mentioned that because I didn't know he was still doing music. The last album I heard from him was Sonic Jihad in 2003 and that was a decent album. I like the album cover of Sonic Jihad that has a airplane about to hit the white house in Washington DC hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Whites and ignorant blacks are scared of Paris because he speaks the truth about social issues in America. I'm surprised I haven't seen him on any news shows on CNN and he hasn't been on Youtube giving his opinion about social issues.

I wish he was on Youtube and he needs to do some videos speaking about that. I'm not talking about music videos. I'm talking about videos that have him talking about social issues because I like his opinion. I love his Days Of Old song and he spoke the truth about ignorant blacks on that. Props to him for sampling The Blackbyrds Mysterious Vibes song. My dad has The Blackbyrds Action album that has that song and I like the album pictures. The album is pretty good. Da Lench Mob sampled The Blackbyrds Dreaming About You song from Action album on Lord Have Mercy song on their first album.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.