Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Man with the Iron Fists OST - Full Tracks

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullycute View Post
    Actually I do listen to beats with him. On his record, he'll pick what he likes hoping the people listening to him have the same taste in music that he does
    U SHOULD LISTEN TO BEATS WHILE SiTTING ON MY LAP

I APOLOGIZE TO THE GOD KILLA SIN FOR ASKIN HIS THICK/CHUBBY WIFE

TO SIT ON MY LAP, CAUSE IM LISTENING TO KILLAH RIP THIS TRACK

THE BEAT IS PERFECT FOR HIS FLOW

ANYONE WHO DOESNT LIKE THIS TRACK IS A FAGGIT

I'm just bummed out that NorthStar tracks not on there

Quote Originally Posted by WACKCLOUD AKA FLOOR TILE TANK View Post
    U SHOULD LISTEN TO BEATS WHILE SiTTING ON MY LAP

haha that's crazy they made a miss like that, putting up the entire album for free download.. for those of y'all who downloaded, what's the bitrate? could someone please send me a PM (Jammin or someone else of the early posters who was lucky enough to get a free download). i'm gonna buy the album, i can rip it myself but it's not possible to have it in a higher bitrate than 128 because that's standard on these type of Bandcamp streams.. like you can stream, but if you buy the quality is MUCH better. i will buy it either way so...

been listening to the album though.. i've had half the album on my iPod in HQ for at least a week but it's great to finally hear the entire project. i think it's another great soundtrack from RZA to put next to "Afro Samurai", "Ghost Dog" and "Kill Bill" (yes i know that RZA didn't produce 90% of that, but he picked out the songs with Tarantino, but above all that i really like the music on there).,

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I didn't download it .. ask felo i'm sure he got it
    Last edited by Jammin; 10-19-2012 at 11:34 PM.

as already stated the Killa Sin track is by far the illest from a straight lyrical hip-hop perspective, just slaughtering a beat for three minutes, hardly taking a breath; and the beat fit him even better than "Drunk Tongue" - dear i say "instant classic" (though it's an oxymoron)?

RZA's "The Baddest Man Alive" start of the album with a bang, you can hear all RZA's rock influence but it's all about hip-hop with a rock twist here and not the other way around. Black Keys got some cheesy lines but overall the dirty, shitty vibe of the final product. "Black Out" with GFK, M.O.P., Pharoahe (there is another guy there, before Pharoahe, is that Styles P?) is a lyrical monster, three of my all time favorites and they all sound great together; it's good Pharoahe got the last verse though LOL. Production wise it hardly stand out but it's defo not bad either. Now with "White Dress", i was thinking about this and who it would've fit- the production would have been absolutely PERFECT for Ghostface. If we're talking strictly production (cuz Kanye's sleezy lyrics and flow i can do without in this case), The third production collaboration between RZA and Kanye faaar from dissapointing. Everything just fits, and although it's soft it has elements (like the haunting vocal sample, the drum programming, the way the accoustic piano blends with the muffled bass). Replacing Ghost with Kanye on vocals could've made it timeless. an album co-produced by RZA and Kanye need to happen. it might even put Ghost very high on the billboard which he deserves for sure, and RZA too.

"I Forgot to be Your Lover" has been a long-time favorite of mine, and it's everybody's favorite sample and i've been a Tre Williams fan since 2006 and i really think he and The Revelations did it justice..... The Talib Kweli / RES joint is dopeness, Kweli is solid as usual and RES does her thing (they'll be doing an album together soon i hear). it's great that they incorporated some clips from the movie.. any soundtrack need that. it was cool to hear Kweli rhyme so dirty about sex, not really used to that from him. the beat is ill as Frank Dukes really proven he's great at producing Wu-Tang records by now. my main problem is the "If sex is a weapon, pull out my weapon and detonate in 6 seconds" line hahha.. that could easily be misinterpreted as if he cums in 6 seconds, barely getting his dick out.

"Rivers Of Blood", U-God is on the hook and his voice add some nice flavor to the mix, but this is a Raekwon, Ghostface and G Rap joint no doubt. and they all bring their game, Rae and Ghost has always been a fantastic duo together, rock solid.. but G Rap fits RIGHT in to the mix, making him the lost third member of that duo. once again Frank Dukes and The Revelations kill it, high energy, distorted guitars, steady rhythm, kung fu fight samples, and some blaxploatation horns.. yeah, production fits the rhymers for sure. And you can really hear that Rae and Ghost made sure to bring their 2012 A-game when appearing with their hero.. still G Rap KILLS this in just a few shorts bar, easily the best verse. Monumental joint... i'd still say this is a Wu-Tang Clan song though, any song that has at least 3 generals or more is automatically a Clan song (there's of course also the solo tracks and duo tracks). "Built For This" been out, the video just dropped, and i don't have much more to say about this again... i really like it though and it was brilliant to stir it up with Freddie Gibbs in the tag-team of Street and Meth. the Killa Sin joint "The Archer" is mentioned at the top of the post, and is UN-FUCKING-BELIAVABLE so...

"Just Blowin' in the Wind" with RZA and Flatbush Zombies, i'll bet a lot of people don't like this but i think it's good enough. RZA does his thing (in 2012), maybe switching flows a little more, and the beat with it's "atmosphere", heavy drive, and horn-souning synthesizer hardly makes for a wack track. i never heard of Flatbush Zombies, but it's great to see that RZA still looking out for new artists... "Chains" reminds us that this is a soundtrack in the truest sense of the word, featuring all songs used in the movie. i'm not sure when this was originally released but it really got that classic soul feel. i would rather have a "new" "simulated" version of something like this by for example Tekitha or even someone not Wu-related. but i don't have this one in my collection and it's a great track so it's cool. i can't find much info abut Frances Yip's "Green is the Mountain" though, she's a fillipine singer active in the '80s and '90s, so this is prolly something RZA picked up somewhere and thought would sound perfect in the movie. and it actually does, i've never heard filippine soul music before but it's super dope judging by this. that bass ostinato that comes in every now and then, the tom-tom's (is that it), and the use of horns just rock this.

"Tic Toc", aaah i love this, great posse cut and i love the theme with the clock running, and the somber guitar chords and the Fender Rhodes + synthesizer during the breakdowns is simply absolute. Rae comes through, his "I fuck with golf now" line had me LOL.. in fact they all brought something to the table, Pusha and Joell Ortiz. all good lyricist. what's real interesting is that they brought in Danny Brown to close it out on the offifcial version, i like much of his work, but given the theme of the song and the other rapper's his verse didn't do much for me. definitely some nice lines though.

"Six Directions of Boxing", yeah i fucking LOVE this.. you can tell it's live instrumetation, but played exactly like it was samples. especially with how the guitar licks comes back and make it a theme, but the breakdown with the organ stabs is what really makes it plus the "Are We Not The Strongest!!!" w. the beat switch for intro / outro. As far as lyrics, this is a good sign of a new Clan album. Cappa shines, Deck shines, U-GOD shines, Masta Killa shines, Ghost came through, GZA had great lyrics and he is far as bad as y'all claim imo. it's not "Liquid Swords" GZA or even "Legend Of..." but it's slightly below what i heard on "Grandmasters" and about on par with "Pro Tools". i can live with it and even dig it.

i think it's kind of cool to include "Your Good Thing" because it really shows the massive amount of influence this sweet '70s soul has had on the music of the soundtrack and Wu-Tang in general. What i mean is that it doesn't even sound out of place after the Wu-Tang Clan joint lol. "I Go Hard" is my least favorite song on the OST at the moment, but i have a feeling it might very well grow on me. When Ghostface kicks it, it REALLY works, then you hear the drum rolls (that's almost like shots), the synthesizer adding flavor and both RZA and Ghost's part really works. but the chorus is ASS (Wiz Khalifa too smh), Boy Jones who had a good song recently is better than he used to be but a got a long long way to go. so Ghost killed it, RZA's beat is good if stripped to an instrumental or with better rappers over, but why end the soundtrack full of immaculate talent with Wiz Khalifa and Boy Jones?? "Six Directions..." and "I Go Hard" should've switched place IMHO.

now, I'm eagerly anticipating the Wu-Block bonus cut, and hopefully it's a suoerb closer. Frank Dukes on productio and Sheek/Ghost featurig INS... YEAAAAH!!!!

long post, but i'm excited as hell about this album and been for a while. while it's not a Wu-Tang album. it's the best Wu-Tang album ina little while, and i can see myself playing this a lot once i get my hands on the album. please drop this on vinyl!!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Veteran Member

Drunk Tongue was better suited to Sin

Quote Originally Posted by FatherSl!me View Post
    I'm just bummed out that NorthStar tracks not on there

LMAo THIS TRACK ISNT THAT BAD FOR THE WORST WU RAP GROUP, THERE WEIRD WESTCOAST STYLES ARE LIKEABLE FOR SOME REASON

I like that song. The beat is sick and Meko delivered a good verse. This gonna be part of the OST on my Itunes.
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    nothing really stands out

you must have heard the other version. the one without those drums

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post
    For me the score got more dope ass beats than the OST. Forging, Jack Knife, The Opening, The Last Battle and The Man With the Iron Fist. Pure dopeness for those RZA doubters out there.
    Absolutely yo, Score is on point! "The Temple Monks" wit that Neverending Story vibe .. haha

SUUUUUU

Veteran Member

"you must have heard the other version. the one without those drums"

Nope same version you heard

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    "you must have heard the other version. the one without those drums"

Nope same version you heard

welll... come ooooon bruh. the drums are incredible, the little guitar there is has a cool vibe to it.. then sin's nonstop murderbars. what's not ta like? room for all opinions, I guess

-----------------------------------------------

and stop disrespecting this girl for no fucking reason aside from your own pathetic sexual frustrations. she's done nothing wrong to you and you have no idea what she looks like - not that that would matter, anyway. you're all lucky you never see the outside world. it probably wouldnt work out for you very well. stay safe, white and anonymous!
    Last edited by Sparrow Daene; 10-21-2012 at 09:33 AM.

jin that 2nd part was for the soft virgin white kids that say nigga and 'faggit', not you.