Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Dinosaurs did not become extinct they evolved?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

^ I think you posted in the thread before. You studied evolution or something? Thats dope.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    ^ I think you posted in the thread before. You studied evolution or something? Thats dope.
    You're right. I did. I just read a ton of books on it in high school/college.

Trixx was a mess. Lol.
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 01-14-2022 at 04:13 PM.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

{>____<}

What were you studying then?
    I received a BS in Geology. I work for the government now.

After studying the wutang double cd i began to wonder if T=Rex could have glided at one point. Those legs in proportion of body looking like they were spring loaded for jumping and the tail looks very balance oriented like a squirrel cause of proportion. What if trex our jump and gilde a little like a flying squirrel. Especially with the feathers?

I have NO knowledge on this out of being interested in the 4th grade, the wutang double CD and procrastinating a very involved video project.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    After studying the wutang double cd i began to wonder if T=Rex could have glided at one point. Those legs in proportion of body looking like they were spring loaded for jumping and the tail looks very balance oriented like a squirrel cause of proportion. What if trex our jump and gilde a little like a flying squirrel. Especially with the feathers?

I have NO knowledge on this out of being interested in the 4th grade, the wutang double CD and procrastinating a very involved video project.
    T-Rex had tiny arms in proportion to its body, no way could it glide, it would need a huge wingspan. If a T-Rex could fly, then humans should be able to.

Not going to pretend I understand any of this but:

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/sciadv.aat4269

Retired.

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

Singing like Killah priest song 'Your arms too short to bop your hog!'

{>____<}

Jurassic Park franchise refuses to put feathers on the T-Rex and other coelurosaurs such as the velociraptor.

Is it due to movie franchise recognizability?

Feathers can't be more difficult to animate, although maybe animated movement might be more expensive (more 'shots' for moving feathers - I'm reminded of Ariel's hair underwater and how it was seen as both revolutionar and expensive when the animators made the hair flow underwater)

feathers would have given the new toy line an edge too, in that the new line would be different from the older ones, making it interesting for both kids and collectors

some pros and cons, just thinking out loud here
    Retired.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Is it due to movie franchise recognizability?

Feathers can't be more difficult to animate, although maybe animated movement might be more expensive (more 'shots' for moving feathers - I'm reminded of Ariel's hair underwater and how it was seen as both revolutionar and expensive when the animators made the hair flow underwater)

feathers would have given the new toy line an edge too, in that the new line would be different from the older ones, making it interesting for both kids and collectors

some pros and cons, just thinking out loud here
    I understand. I wish Hollywood would be honest, especially when it comes to the dinosaurs. For example, a Velociraptor is not 6ft tall. It was only 3ft tall, the size of a large turkey. Utah Raptors are what we see on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    I understand. I wish Hollywood would be honest, especially when it comes to the dinosaurs. For example, a Velociraptor is not 6ft tall. It was only 3ft tall, the size of a large turkey. Utah Raptors are what we see on the big screen.
    I always thought it was Deinonychus.

But really it doesn't matter - Jurassic Park is not a documentary its art/entertainment. The details matter less than the ideas/story being presented.

{>____<}

I always thought it was Deinonychus.

But really it doesn't matter - Jurassic Park is not a documentary its art/entertainment. The details matter less than the ideas/story being presented.
    Hmm. I never thought about that. That sounds right. I never looked into. I should know this. Lol

The Raptors in JP3 had feathers. Something like a T Rex might not have had many feathers anyway.

The Raptors in JP3 had feathers. Something like a T Rex might not have had many feathers anyway.

I was thinking that when I read those posts. Why would a T - Rex or Velociraptor have feathers?