Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: Dinosaurs did not become extinct they evolved?

{>____<}

Jurassic Park franchise refuses to put feathers on the T-Rex and other coelurosaurs such as the velociraptor.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Is it due to movie franchise recognizability?

Feathers can't be more difficult to animate, although maybe animated movement might be more expensive (more 'shots' for moving feathers - I'm reminded of Ariel's hair underwater and how it was seen as both revolutionar and expensive when the animators made the hair flow underwater)

feathers would have given the new toy line an edge too, in that the new line would be different from the older ones, making it interesting for both kids and collectors

some pros and cons, just thinking out loud here
    Retired.

The Raptors in JP3 had feathers. Something like a T Rex might not have had many feathers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    The Raptors in JP3 had feathers. Something like a T Rex might not have had many feathers anyway.

I was thinking that when I read those posts. Why would a T - Rex or Velociraptor have feathers?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...story.amp.html

fuck's sake zooruka it was only one of the biggest discoveries a few years ago
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...story.amp.html

fuck's sake zooruka it was only one of the biggest discoveries a few years ago

Sorry Hal…. I’m not up to date with my palaeontology lol

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    I was thinking that when I read those posts. Why would a T - Rex or Velociraptor have feathers?
    They did. Evolution. Post Late Cretaceous was the Paleogene Period (66 myo - 26 myo I believe) contained large flightless birds such as the Gastornis. Also, after the Deccan traps and the meteorite that killed the age of the dinosaurs, Cenozoic Era (age of the mammals) atmospheric conditions are a lot different than in the Mesozoic Era that contained larger animals due to high pressure and higher temperatures.

Then again, theropods have evolved into some strange modern day birds. Chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese.
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 03-15-2022 at 01:51 PM.

Larger animals needed a lot of food to survive, the bigger dinosaurs couldn't make it but smaller therapods survived and evolved into birds.

They did some selective gene editing and gave a chicken teeth a few years ago.

^you guys are the biggest needs ever. Dinosaurs? Really, our we in 2nd grade again.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Beef View Post
    ^you guys are the biggest needs ever. Dinosaurs? Really, our we in 2nd grade again.
    It's called history. If they weren't scientists to study this, how'd we learn?

”Still craps and lies” Andy Warhov's Avatar

This site is full of dinosaurs already

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Is it due to movie franchise recognizability?

Feathers can't be more difficult to animate, although maybe animated movement might be more expensive (more 'shots' for moving feathers - I'm reminded of Ariel's hair underwater and how it was seen as both revolutionar and expensive when the animators made the hair flow underwater)

feathers would have given the new toy line an edge too, in that the new line would be different from the older ones, making it interesting for both kids and collectors

some pros and cons, just thinking out loud here
    I understand. I wish Hollywood would be honest, especially when it comes to the dinosaurs. For example, a Velociraptor is not 6ft tall. It was only 3ft tall, the size of a large turkey. Utah Raptors are what we see on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    I understand. I wish Hollywood would be honest, especially when it comes to the dinosaurs. For example, a Velociraptor is not 6ft tall. It was only 3ft tall, the size of a large turkey. Utah Raptors are what we see on the big screen.
    I always thought it was Deinonychus.

But really it doesn't matter - Jurassic Park is not a documentary its art/entertainment. The details matter less than the ideas/story being presented.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I always thought it was Deinonychus.

But really it doesn't matter - Jurassic Park is not a documentary its art/entertainment. The details matter less than the ideas/story being presented.
    Hmm. I never thought about that. That sounds right. I never looked into. I should know this. Lol