Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Dinosaurs did not become extinct they evolved?

^^
    Photos? lol It's from a yahoo news article bloke

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ View Post
    i can see the bits that are labelled LM1, LM2 and LM3, they could possibly be another limb, but it doesn't look like another foot, so i don't think it would have run on all fours, maybe only when it was on land.

also, if LM1, LM2 and LM3 were the other limb it doesn't appear to be walking in line with the feet which are labelled LP0 and RP0 and so on.
    expert palaenologists have concluded its definitely another foot. when examined its very different from the rear feet. also palaentologists actually have the feet of the skeleton.

i dont no why youre saying theyre not walking in line. animals rarely walk in a completely straight line like a model. also it couldve been walking on tough terrain.

also, the wings have a large span, if the wings had fingers and thumbs and it walked like it did in that animation, then the wing prints in the ground wouldn't be close to its footprints. the size of its wing span is large which suggests the space between each wing print would be a lot further apart to what is suggested in that picture.
    from what i remember the picture wasnt given a scale. how far do you think the footprints shold be from eachother.

if you've noticed pigeons that have lost or damaged their limbs, those pigeons would have different footprints that looks like no other animals. because they lose their limbs in different ways, some may only lose one claw, or two, or three, or have no claws, their footprints will look different to that of a normal pigeon, but does that mean the footprints of those pigeons with missing claws is the work of a new species or evidence of another limb?

palaentologists can quite easily tell the difference between a fractured foot and a totally different oot from a later species.
    with a beak that big and neck that long it would make sense for it to hold its neck upright like other birds with long beaks and long necks. it would also walk better if it walked upright on its two legs.

the animation shows the animal to be walking like a bat but bats don't have have long necks and have to carry around a heavy beak. if that animal was to stretch its neck out horizontally like that then it would only stretch it horizontally in flight not when it's on land. when it's on land i reckon it would keep its head as upright as possible in order for it to get the best view as possible of its surroundings while its on land. the higher your head is the further you can see.
    girraffes have long necks but walk on four feet. actually if it had a long neck and and a big beak it would walk better on four feet because theres more surface area making the pterosaur more stable. and pterosaurs were as big as giraffes so being stable was a high priority.

also it didnt spend much of its time on land so it doesnt need to stretch his neck all th time to see his surroundings.

also why do you think it had hands on its wings.

if that thing was anything like a bat then it wouldn't be scaly at all, it would have membranes and fur. because it has a long beak, long neck, and doesn't have much of a tail i believe it was a bird of some sort with feathers and teeth. perhaps birds had teeth back in the day or perhaps it was just certain species of birds.

it did indeed have membranes. u cant be sure if it had scales or fur.

ive already shown how pterosaurs arent related to birds. theyre vastly different animals with very different skeletal structures. pterosaurs dont even have a wish bone. a pterosaur is as similiar to a bird as a dolphin is to a fish.

theres other dinosaurs that are far far more similiar.
    Another thing, that animation shows it is walking on the equivalent of its elbows, so i doubt it would have walked very fast in that position.
    its not walking on its elbows. your getting confused because its got a thumb as long as its limb. that hand is at the end of its limb with a very large thumb in the air.

palaentologists say some species could run. they said this after examing its rear limbs and front limbs and concluded that the size of them in relation to eachother meant that they could run.
    Last edited by cj wisty; 10-27-2012 at 05:43 AM.

NON-IGS

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    ^^
    Photos? lol It's from a yahoo news article bloke
    if its not real photos then its obviously not evidence is it then

NON-IGS

Non Ignorant Math Team

http://www.accessscience.com/IOW/iow.aspx?iowID=42 heres an interesting article i found on pterosaurs

A modern-day man and giraffe, to scale, and the pterosaur, Hatzegotpteryx, which leapfrogged into the air. [Credit: Mark Witton]

It is hard enough to imagine a 500-pound, furry reptile the size of a giraffe soaring overhead. How the largest pterosaurs actually launched their prehistoric bulk into the air in the first place has proved to be a much trickier problem for biomechanics researchers. Now a study published January 6 in the journal Zitteliana seems to have settled the question. John's Hopkins University of Medicine researcher Michael B. Habib showed that pterosaurs didn’t flap their wings to take off from two legs as birds do, but stood on all fours and hurled themselves skyward in a leapfrog-style jump.

Paleontologists don't lose too much sleep over the question of how such giant creatures could remain airborne. Soaring, which would have been the most efficient flight strategy for a pterosaur-size animal, takes little energy. And once cradled in an updraft, large objects such as condors and hang gliders can remain aloft for long periods, given a large enough wingspan and relatively light weight. Having lightweight bones relative to their size is a characteristic these dinosaur-contemporaries shared with the dinosaurs' descendants, living birds. But other features of the two groups skeletons couldn't be more different.

Habib calculated the limb bone strengths of twenty bird species using computer scans and compared them to the bone strengths of three pterosaur species, calculated in previously published studies. He found that the flying reptiles would never have been able to leap into the air from two legs as birds do—their hindlimbs were too weak. The front limbs, or wings, however were structurally much stronger. His data suggested that not only did pterosaurs walk on all fours, but they employed a limb-over-limb vault to take flight.

This helps answer the question of why birds have never approached the towering heights of the larger pterosaurs. Birds' bipedal gait and liftoff requires leg bones and muscles strong enough to support the body's full weight and to supply 80 to 90 percent of the force required to jump into the air. A body built this way can get only so large before the weight of the legs becomes too heavy for flight. (Think of ostriches or the extinct, flightless elephant bird that had legs like tree trunks.) Pterosaurs allocated much of this weight-bearing function to the front limbs. Serving as flight equipment as well, the weight of muscles and bones contribute thrust and soaring ability in the air instead of merely adding weight. Examining the mathematical possibilities, Habib could find no way pterosaurs could have taken flight from just two legs. The limitation didn't slow them down though. He estimates that using the leapfrog takeoff strategy, pterosaurs such as the huge Hatzegotpteryx could jump into the air in one second, without the benefit of wind, cliffs, or any other pterosaur to leap over. “Pterosaurs had long, huge front limbs, so no partner was required," he says. "Then, with wings snapping out, off they’d fly.”

—Jessa Forte Netting

NON-IGS

Quote Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
    You need a breather also dude. Discussing dinosaurs 24/7 the whole weekend isn't healthy, unless you're tectrus.

Non Ignorant Math Team

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    You need a breather also dude. Discussing dinosaurs 24/7 the whole weekend isn't healthy, unless you're tectrus.
    eye think me talking with knowcheeze wac a lot worce

NON-IGS

LMFAO

those photos dont look real to me. it looks like someone drew those pictures. its obviously fake. they didnt even have cameras back then. ur being silly
    http://www.accessscience.com/IOW/iow.aspx?iowID=42 heres an interesting article i found on pterosaurs

i'll remind you that you haven't posted photographic evidence either.

you're more inclined to believe that this ^^^ that has four legs, no wings and a long tail is more likely to have had feathers and walked on 2 legs than

[/QUOTE]

this ^^ that has a beak, two bigs wings and two legs.

expert palaenologists have concluded its definitely another foot. when examined its very different from the rear feet. also palaentologists actually have the feet of the skeleton.

i dont no why youre saying theyre not walking in line. animals rarely walk in a completely straight line like a model. also it couldve been walking on tough terrain.

from what i remember the picture wasnt given a scale. how far do you think the footprints shold be from eachother.

palaentologists can quite easily tell the difference between a fractured foot and a totally different oot from a later species.

not if the foot had mutated

girraffes have long necks but walk on four feet. actually if it had a long neck and and a big beak it would walk better on four feet because theres more surface area making the pterosaur more stable. and pterosaurs were as big as giraffes so being stable was a high priority.

also it didnt spend much of its time on land so it doesnt need to stretch his neck all th time to see his surroundings.

also why do you think it had hands on its wings.

it did indeed have membranes. u cant be sure if it had scales or fur.

ive already shown how pterosaurs arent related to birds. theyre vastly different animals with very different skeletal structures. pterosaurs dont even have a wish bone. a pterosaur is as similiar to a bird as a dolphin is to a fish.

theres other dinosaurs that are far far more similiar.

its not walking on its elbows. your getting confused because its got a thumb as long as its limb. that hand is at the end of its limb with a very large thumb in the air.

palaentologists say some species could run. they said this after examing its rear limbs and front limbs and concluded that the size of them in relation to eachother meant that they could run.

giraffes have long necks and most of the time they keep the necks upright, they only stoop their neck down when they need to. if you had a long neck like that you wouldn't want to walk with your neck out horizontally cos it would be a heavy strain on your neck, add a big heavy beak to that you ain't getting very far. swans, geese, flamingos, herons, storks all have long necks, long beaks, large wings and two feet. they all hold the necks upright and stand on its two feet when they are on land and they manage to keep stable just fine. they keep their necks upright not only because it is less strain on their necks but also to keep an eye out for predators. it would only hold its neck out horizontally to either catch something or in flight to make it more streamlined. going by the rib cage on pterosaurs i'm guessing body on pterosaurs would be similar to that of those birds i've mentioned, quite meaty and fatty and round. their wings are needed for flying, in order to fly it's body heat has to be a certain temperature, when they're on the ground they would have wrapped their wings around their bodies to not only rest their wings, they need to save their energy and wings for flying, but also to keep their bodies warm, just like all birds. bees need to get their bodies up to a certain temperature before they can fly, too.

so what if it didn't have a wish bone and so what if it had and extra bone on its wing?

a dolphin would be closer to a salmon than it is to a dog.

a pterosaur would be closer to a bird than it would a reptile.
    Last edited by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ; 10-27-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Senator C. Palantine View Post
    you know Trixx is ODB, right?

Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

Decipher, son.

Don't want no puss filled yellowheaded dick man

Non Ignorant Math Team

i'll remind you that you haven't posted photographic evidence either.
    i was quite obviously taking the piss. i thought it was pretty obvious.

did u really believe i was stupid enough to think that there could be photographic evidence of dinosaurs

NON-IGS

Non Ignorant Math Team

that gif of the pterosaur walking is only supposed to show how a pterosaur walked. it wasnt trying to show its neck position.

i think it did probably have its neck rised like a giraffe.

the body of a pterosaur is very different from the body of a bird.

the fact the pterosaur didnt have a wish bone shows that its very unlikely that a bird evolved from it.

its far more likely that a bird evolved from an animal with a wishbone.

a dolphin is far more closer to a dog than a salmon.

dogs and dolphins are both mammals. a salmon is a fish. thats a totally different class.

NON-IGS

Non Ignorant Math Team

what do u mean by mutated foot.

also which two of these skeletons are the most similiar

NON-IGS

how would it be closer if it doesn't even live in the same habitat? dogs cannot live underwater.

because of 1 missing bone it couldn't possibly be related down the lines somewhere?

Decipher, son.

what do u mean by mutated foot.

also which two of these skeletons are the most similiar

the first and the last because the second has a very LONG tail and because they both have wings.
    Last edited by Ol' Dirty Trixˣ; 10-27-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Decipher, son.

Non Ignorant Math Team

also i dont know why ur so eager to say birds came from pterosaurs. i thought this thread was about how dinosaurs never died out.

pterosaurs arent dinosaurs

NON-IGS

Non Ignorant Math Team

the first and the last because the second has a very LONG tail.
    theres far more differences between the first and last one than the first and second.

NON-IGS

i disagree. tell me what differences you see?

Decipher, son.