Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Roc Marciano-Reloaded

Wu Vatican

Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    they get a hard-on for Wu and odd future, especially Ghostface, but not much else

anyway, so far, this really is album of the year. Wu Block has the lyrics, Rare Chandeliers has the beats, but Reloaded has the ATMOSPHERE. the way the beats and movie samples tie in together is perfect, works well with Roc's lazy flow. he's not saying anything significant, just one-liner after one-liner, but what one-liners!

"Fuck you with a horse's cock"

pitchfork is a hipster publication. hipsters love wu tang and odd future. you been to either one of their concerts lately? yuuup.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

ILLadelph (but just moved to Ft.Lauderdale)

with the drastic change in hiphop music over the past decade, i've become a very harsh critic.
    ....and I FUCKING LOVE THIS ALBUM!!!.....even though all the songs are pretty much the exact same.

next to GFK, roc is the flyest motherfucker on the planet. all he does is win. i dig the shit out of his style, from top to bottom!

-beats are super dope. i love soul music chopped up & sampled right in hiphop, especially over hard drums. lack of drums here is very weird, especially since the drums on 'marcberg' were hard as fuck....but its cool....it worked....i'm diggin it.

-again like 'marcberg' all the songs are pretty much the same....same style, delivery, flow, cadence, emotion....on every song. but dude is such an amazing game spitter that i dont care. shit is just dope!! and thats all that really matters, right?

-he's doing everything right: lyrics are razor sharp, cool, witty, funny, current....and his shit is just sooooo overloaded w/ punchlines & witty lines....on top of the way he spits (like freestyle and endless sentences).....you'll be finding lines for months that buckle your knees & almost make u crash your whip!

-his own beats are so incredibly hard & pimpilicious, he gets crazy heat from ALAN, and then he even gets a goldmine beat from everyone's favorite on-the-low beatsmith "the abstract"?!?!?! come on, roc. stop it. just stop it. i cant barely take it all in one album.

* "i shot the king" is so insanely ridiculous.
    * "thugs prayer pt.2".....w/the numerous dope-ass beat changes.....seriously?? god damn! like....is it even possible to make a better song than that?

i obviously exaggerate a tad....but in my opinion, its so rare when we're blessed w/ such an awesome piece of hiphop art like this. roc deserves all the accolades.

^ Well said

smh at people complaining about the drums. play it through a half decent system and it's doesn't matter. the bass on this album isn't the usual over done shit that most producers go for, which is a nice change.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Hilarious thread

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    Classic album + what that video looks like = Roc Marc seriously contributing to reviving gritty real hip-hop.

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

HEs CLOONEY WIT GHETTO JEWELRY

& WILL SMACK THE GRAPE OUT YOUR FRUITCAKE

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeMyCrabSammich View Post
    This is not the "good kid, m.A.A.d. city" thread
    I wish I could go back in time and slap myself for this comment