Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface: Credits Entire Career to 1 Man | Says He's Recorded For Next WU Album

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron97 View Post
    Wolves was ok but I liked the original "disco" type version that was never released....it was more uptempo.

Unpredictable was ok, but I just know Wu is capable of so much more...

Tracks like Rushing Elephants and Unpredictable are OK by Wu standards, but when you compare them to previous bangers like Heaterz, Reunited, or Itz Yourz, they just don't stack up.....
    I don't really compare them. Nothing could ever compare to the stuff released between 93-97. It's just not gonna happen.
    It's the god, god.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gitche Manito View Post
    Of course. 8 Diagrams is even better than The W.

Click Click is the shit though.
    Quote Originally Posted by grt05 View Post
    Nothing on Big Doe Rehab beats the Heart Gently Weeps or even Sunlight.

Big Doe was a good album..Slow Down and Yolanda's House are sick! Apart from Rae's verse on Yolanda's house....wack...his delivery is just wack now...i don't know what happened to Rae's delivery..it's horrible. Sometimes he can get away with it..but most of the time it's boring.

Go back to Bulletproof Wallets and listen to his verse on "never the same again" and you'll see what Rae used to be capable of..in terms of flow and delivery.

Now it seems like he's just rapping in one long line.

I'm tired of y'all Euro/Austria-Hungarian Faggots. We have a nigga who was caught trying to grab the god rza's dick on camera, we have a nigga whos mad because Rae and ghost been kepping the wu flag alive...smh

What RZA and the Wu need to do (which probably won't happen) is to get all the generals in the studio at the same time, and bang out some ill tracks....get focused, feed off each others energy....become competitive again....thats what they used to do, is see who could 1-up eachother with the rhymes on each track. Now their mentality is just like "Fuck it, let me just spit this average 16 and get the F outta here...."

No emailed verses, no phoned in verses or any bullshit like that....

Get the Wu Elements producers in there....4th and True Master.....get Bronze....have like 15 dudes in the studio at the same time, just wildin out givin ideas...

Not just one some "oh, only Ghost and Rae are on this track, so the other 7 generals are nowhere to be found.....".....nahhhh.....even if you ain't on the track, get your ass in the studio and give input and ideas.....

WTF does dudes like U-God, GZA, and Deck gotta do anyway? Its not like their grindin out new music on the daily......
    This nigga is still in dreamland.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

You think Ghost & Rae kept the Wu flag up, others think no one was doing the name justice. Big deal, we can't all have the same opinion. Fact is that Wu is just not as good as it used to be and you can either enjoy it or leave it. I don't think Wu-Tang has been doing interesting things since OBFCL II. The music is good, just not as good as it used to be and the standard is still too high for a lot of people including myself.

"I don't think Wu-Tang has been doing interesting things since OBFCL II". You're not saying anything new.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Wu-Tang Martial Expert

I don't think the Wu has done anything interesting since Supreme Clientele lol....
    "A SPACE KNIGHT LIKE ROM, CONSUME PLANETS LIKE UNICRON, BLASTIN' PHOTON BOMBS FROM THE ARM LIKE GALVATRON......"

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    "I don't think Wu-Tang has been doing interesting things since OBFCL II". You're not saying anything new.
    My whole point is that it's just not as good as it used to be and maybe we're just being too hard, they're also moving along with the times and everything imo is shit today.

I don't think the Wu has done anything interesting since Supreme Clientele lol....
    I get what you mean but that's when they stopped making classic albums. You can't expect them to do the same again, there was more of a unity in the 90s. Supreme Clientele was the last 5/5 album, but there is still some solid releases.

And you're still here beating your dick thinking about a 4th disciple produced killa sin album.

Expectations are high...good news.

Banned

they're in their fucking 40s. what do you guys expect? they're doing better than run dmc, big daddy kane, rakim, public enemy and all the other legends from the '80s and '90s.

and they still got another 3-4 years of solid music left in them. Wu Block, Twelve Reasons to Die, The Wally Era, Swift & Changeable, new Wu LP, The Rebellion, Crystal Meth, Blackout 3, whatever the fuck Masta Killa and Cappadonna are currently releasing, and Cuban Linx 3, or whatever Rae is dropping next.

and the big one: Cilva's double album

then you got RZA making movies, Meth is doing How High 2 (not saying that's a good thing), and two ODB biopics in the work. what more do you want?

keep calm and shut the hell up. the Wu are still relevant

Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    they're in their fucking 40s. what do you guys expect? they're doing better than run dmc, big daddy kane, rakim, public enemy and all the other legends from the '80s and '90s.

and they still got another 3-4 years of solid music left in them. Wu Block, Twelve Reasons to Die, The Wally Era, Swift & Changeable, new Wu LP, The Rebellion, Crystal Meth, Blackout 3, whatever the fuck Masta Killa and Cappadonna are currently releasing, and Cuban Linx 3, or whatever Rae is dropping next.

and the big one: Cilva's double album

then you got RZA making movies, Meth is doing How High 2 (not saying that's a good thing), and two ODB biopics in the work. what more do you want?

keep calm and shut the hell up. the Wu are still relevant
    Yes but how long will it take to hear Crystal Meth, OBFCL III, Supreme Clientele II, Liquid Swords II or Swift & Changeable (I think they first started talking about this in 05 or 06). I'm sure Cilvaringz project will be dropping in 2013 along with Ghostface project with Adrian Younge. I think SC2 & Crystal Meth have the best chance of dropping in late 2013 maybe, but the other projects will probably be released in 2014 or 15 if they ever get released..
    Last edited by TheFunkyDrummer; 11-05-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Banned

Wu Block is coming this month (year) for sure. we just had RZA's debut film, which is a big thing. and Rae released his mediocre Unexpected Victory mixtape earlier this year. Ok, so this year is almost over. (Masta Killa and Cappa are releasing something too, I guess, but not interested in those)

Twelve Reasons to Die and a comic book are coming early 2013, almost certainly, as is Cilva's project, unless he gets into legal problems. that's enough to satisfy Wu heads for the year's first half.

after that? idk. GZA's Dark Matter? Ghost said before that he was done with Clientele 2, but then later said he's still recording tracks. he might release that in the summer. new Wu LP would almost certainly need to drop by late 2013 to commemorate their 20 year anniversary.

and Rae...I know he's been cooking in the studio cuz he keeps talking about it on his twitter. he's dropping SOMETHING next year for sure. every other day he tweets about him and Scram Jones being in the studio making records

Veteran Member

HH2 wasnt being made I thought? Meth & Red couldnt secure the rights to the name so if they wanted a sequel it would be called something else with different character names

Veteran Member

Dont forget Uey's RZA's executive produced album Keynote Speaker supposedly in Jan 2013

Ghost & RZA were roomates prior to 36 Chambers and recorded Tearz as one of the first cuts for the album so good to see Ghost on board with RZA's vision for the 20th year anniv. for the Clan.. all i know is they need to do SOMETHING cuz next year makes 20 years since the greatest hip hop album of all time.