Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface: Credits Entire Career to 1 Man | Says He's Recorded For Next WU Album

and yet Rza would still fuck any of your girlfriends if he played them 8 diagriams

you lose

While y'all was sleeping during 8 Diagrams I was listening to this masterpiece

RZA killing it and GZA rapping: Hitting them from well conceiled firing positions
    with explosiveness that'll make the deaf listen = instant win

Why so much hate on 8 Diagrams and no hate on Iron Flag
    It's forbidden around here but I'll say it
    8 Diagrams >>>> Iron Flag imo

8 Diagrams is more interesting, it's refreshing, more experimental but no wack Trackmasters on there charging Wu for a shit beat. Iron Flag had better rapping, worse production but overall I'd say 8 Diagrams is better.

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

8 Diagrams is fuckin nice imo. A different type/mood of music than previous efforts by the group. but high in quality for the most part imo.
    Last edited by RUSHING PLATYPUS; 11-04-2012 at 10:40 AM.

"Divine and Rza has Conference calls with the Clan next week. They will be going into the studio next month to start recording a new album. Now to synchronizing everyone's schedule." <<<< from wu-tang facebook page... hope this is true !

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron97 View Post
    For me, 8 Diagrams was too eccentric and experimental production wise for me to like it. Half the beats on it were slow and boring, and had almost no melody except for While My Heart Gently Weeps.

When I first got the album, I was really thinking to myself like "man, there really aren't that many head nodding bangers on this, tracks like Reunited or For Heavens Sake" type tracks.

Most of the beats were slow or had no melody, like Campfire.....who can listen to that sh!t???
    What about Wolves, Rushing Elephants and Unpredictable?

You didn't like those?
    It's the god, god.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

So apparently Rza and Divine are making conference calls with the clan next week to start working on this album....we will see
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

My wish list, fuck it:
    RZA production mainly, but more uptempo and sample based than his usual recent style.
    A bit of Kanye west co production
    A few soulful bronze naz bangers
    Nas and or Mobb Deep collabo
    Something that can actually be a hit for them, like a Bangladesh beat or rihanna feature.

We criticize producers til they joints are right
    Then acupuncture the track with pinpoints of light.
    The brutal offspring of Conan and Red Sonja.

Hope it's true that they start recording that early - taking time = creating good things
    Quote Originally Posted by hide1998 View Post
    If the RZA isn't producing it, it's not a true Wu Tang Clan album in my book. 8 Diagrams was very progressive from a production standpoint. I can actually imagine live bands doing those songs. Great album then and now.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
    While y'all was sleeping during 8 Diagrams I was listening to this masterpiece

RZA killing it and GZA rapping: Hitting them from well conceiled firing positions
    with explosiveness that'll make the deaf listen = instant win

Why so much hate on 8 Diagrams and no hate on Iron Flag
    It's forbidden around here but I'll say it
    8 Diagrams >>>> Iron Flag imo

8 Diagrams is more interesting, it's refreshing, more experimental but no wack Trackmasters on there charging Wu for a shit beat. Iron Flag had better rapping, worse production but overall I'd say 8 Diagrams is better.
    Thank you

8D was a dope album my only issue is the filler tracks at the end, disregarding Life Changes. I think that cats dont like the album cuz of what Rae said about it before it even came out. Chances are he was talking about the beats and concept that Rza initially envisioned for the album.

Rza wanted to do a sunday morning album, but the rest of the clan wasnt feeling the idea, so then he went back and did his more normal thing.
    Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal

Quote Originally Posted by LoTec View Post
    8D was a dope album my only issue is the filler tracks at the end, disregarding Life Changes. I think that cats dont like the album cuz of what Rae said about it before it even came out. Chances are he was talking about the beats and concept that Rza initially envisioned for the album.
    Ofcourse, most of the people hate it because Rae and Ghost hated it before it even came out. It has filler, so what, it has great tracks. Life Changes by the way I thought had a very good beat but it was kind of irritating that RZA had the sample playing after every verse. If he did it just 3 times or something it would have been a better track.

Peace CT

I love 8D. There I said it. Peace

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    and yet Rza would still fuck any of your girlfriends if he played them 8 diagriams

you lose
    PROBABLY OLD ICE CREAM RZA, NEW RZA GETS SONNED BY WHITE WOMEN

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WACKCLOUD AKA FLOOR TILE TANK View Post
    PROBABLY OLD ICE CREAM RZA, NEW RZA GETS SONNED BY WHITE WOMEN
    that cum guzzler chealse needs to be sent to the middle east, put on a burqa and stone that bitch to death. fucking cunt

well if they're gonna try and do this album thing again getting the guy who shitted on the last one in public on board is a good start.
    Christianity = White Supremacy