Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for all you fuckers who...

'

feelings?

I store teh feelings in an associative array for later use.

mmm a database of emotions? noice!

'

array and database aren't really interchangeable terms.

an array is essentially an object (often temporary) for holding key/value pairs of data... which could be anything.

you can then iterate over it to find a match of something you need

Whenever I poke fun at or call out other people on here, people always seem to assume that I believe I am superior to them or "better than them" or whatever. I can understand how I would be taken that way, certainly, but please recognise that that is not a justified assumption. Not only that but it couldn't be further from the truth. Just because I'm calling out other people on shit it doesn't mean I don't see countless flaws in myself which I acknowledge and try to work on.

I responded to the "confused and lost" comment because that is one thing that I certainly know I am not, whereas I firmly believe the majority of people who post here are.

But yeah, I guess you pretty much put me in my place there. I'll wear that. I'm not gonna try to squirm my way out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    array and database aren't really interchangeable terms.

an array is essentially an object (often temporary) for holding key/value pairs of data... which could be anything.

you can then iterate over it to find a match of something you need

I meant it in terms of having your emotions on tap, in a database (or a file cabinet) for you to pull out and use as and when..

your emotions wouldnt be temporary tho.. so i didnt really know what else to inter change array with

apart from thinking of star trek ( teh caretaker array ST voyager!)

'

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post

But yeah, I guess you pretty much put me in my place there. I'll wear that. I'm not gonna try to squirm my way out of it.
    Are you replying to me or someone from earlier in this discussion?

I was just adding on to what you already posted in this thread, and figured I'd expound upon what my career requires on day to day basis. It seems like the people who post in this section have their own definition of intelligence..

aka - "regurgitating info or understanding a small bit about a vast amount of subjects"

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Are you replying to me or someone from earlier in this discussion?

I was just adding on to what you already posted in this thread, and figured I'd expound upon what my career requires on day to day basis. It seems like the people who post in this section have their own definition of intelligence..

aka - "regurgitating info or understanding a small bit about a vast amount of subjects"
    I was replying to you. At the time I wrote the post yours was the last post in this thread. By the time I posted it you and SC had had a bit of a back and forth. Made things kind of unclear I guess.

I was responding to this...
    For someone to point a finger and make a snide remark about another's intelligence - because they either a: don't believe everything that infowars publishes OR B: either isn't interested about fluoride water or never looked into it

- is nothing short of an absurd, narrow-minded individual who will trudge through life in most unpragmatic fashion.

oh.. and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

'

^ yea i was addressing what I've seen in this section in the past and recently with that.

urbanjournalz comes to mind

Just reading it again now I think I totally misoverstood it. I think you were actually backing me up. lolz.

'

bingo

lolz. I think I'm a bit over conscious about the fact that I often take the piss out of people and call them on their shit, and probably come across as thinking I'm "better" than them. I've been called out for it before on here and it couldn't be further from reality. In actuality I wish I did have a higher opinion of myself than I do.

This misoverstanding itself pretty much shows that I'm a pretty fucking big retard myself. lolz.

you dont come across better than them if you ridicule them, depends how you call them out, cos even if they explain to you, you wont understand cos as you said, 'you dont look into that stuff'

so how can you come across better than them? i think thats just in your own mind, you come across better..

Non Ignorant Math Team

most of the time theres no point saying that ur far more intelligent than someone else because its probably impossible to measure intelligence.

emotions and social interactions also account for intelligence. and its very difficult to measure these.

same with stuff like eye to hand coordination.

NON-IGS

BuddaHazeMysteryDeepSpace pro.Graveface's Avatar

Positiv Endurance Annihilates Complex Emotionz
    Art of Graveyardpoetry
    http://www.reverbnation.com/c./a4/21...86/Artist/link
    http://www.myspace.com/mc-gravespace
    Mother Yin Father Yang are my GrandParents!
    Graveface is now Gravespace

Quote Originally Posted by soul controller View Post
    you dont come across better than them if you ridicule them, depends how you call them out, cos even if they explain to you, you wont understand cos as you said, 'you dont look into that stuff'

so how can you come across better than them? i think thats just in your own mind, you come across better..
    I wasn't concerned about coming across "better" than anyone. I was concerned about coming across as thinking I'm "better" than them. But yeah, I realised during that exchange with Robbie that there's really no reason to be concerned about that in this thread. It just came up because I thought he'd call me out on it, but he actually hadn't.

I've posted a few threads in here in the past that questioned people's intentions and approach to posting here, and suggested they might think about changing their ways, and people have taken it as me thinking I'm above everybody else and that I'm saying they should try to be like me, when in fact I never even mention myself in those threads. I'm just trying to get people to take a look at themselves and explore the reasoning behind what motivates them to do what they do.

It's like I honestly believe only the minutest fraction of people come here with the intention of learning something and trying to grow as a person. The majority of people here are much more concerned with trying to look smart, show off how much they "know", and "win" debates. I don't think I've ever seen anybody in here humbly accept that they were incorrect in a discussion and admit that the person they'd been arguing with was correct. Instead people spin endless fucking shit to try to prove not only to the rest of the forum, but to themselves, that they're "right". It's fucken pathetic and completely counter-productive. You will never grow with that sort of an approach. It does much more harm than good.

And people are so scared of "contradicting" themselves, and get so excited when they catch someone else in a "contradiction", like they've just "exposed" them or whatever. It's fucken ridiculous. How the fuck are you ever gonna grow as a person if you're worried about contradicting yourself? Contradiction is growth. At least if it's genuine. Not if you're just a fucken idiot who's doing everything he can to "win" a debate and accidentally change your point of view half way. Growth involves changing your point of view on things as you learn more about them and about yourself. If you're worried about contradicting yourself you'll never grow but instead get stuck in the same stupid fucking set ways and "opinions" and spend your life on KTL arguing with people.

Anyway, I guess that turned into a rant. So be it.