Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lil' Fame & Termanology LP out NOW

Default Lil' Fame & Termanology LP out NOW

Slap and Term's collaborative full-lengther "Fizzyology" finally dropped today. As M.O.P. are one of my all time favorite groups i was naturally hyped as hell for this, and all the singles have been straight fire if you ask me. now, i'm not the biggest Termanology fan, he can rhyme for sure, but i wouldn't buy a solo album from him or even listen to it more than once if the producers and guests were right. but i don't hate him or can't stand him as i've seen many others comment, if the beat is right and Lil' Fame is right there with him i have no problem whatsoever. they actually sound dope together, great chemistry.

most of the album are produced by Fizzy Womack, who is a tremendeously underrated producer; Alchemist comes in for the impeccable title track; and J. "Waxx" Garfield who i've always been checking for since an article in The Source in like 2001 (and then his work with GZA and Cormega) does the great Lil' Fame solo song "Not By You". Statik Selektah has a cool joint too.

for the most part the LP is filled with hardbody boom bap beats, rugged Lil' Fame verses and pretty good Termanology verses. the DJ Premier produced "Play Dirty" is a great example of how great this album are in places, and how dope is it not to finally hear Busta go in over a Preemo beat?!

but it's not all good, there's a few songs i could easily have done without, mainly the ones where they stray away from the hardcore formula as that's really what this should be about. there's also at least two Termanology solo songs, one called "Little Ghetto Boy" that closes the album on a somewhat sour note in my opinion (not counting the bonus tracks). it's not that bad but it's real strange bc right before it, there's the absolutely perfect outro to the album, a two minute track that's even called "Endtro (Fame & Glory)".. can't believe why they would put more songs after that? hopefully on the 2xLP version "Endtro" will be the last song on side C and then i can skip Side D on ocassion.

and the bonus tracks they used - "Crazy" that was on the last MOP album in 2009 and "Thuggaton" from the first 1982 album back in 2010. both dope tracks, but come on - people who buy this album will definitely already have these songs.. it also means that there's no new Billy Danze verses to be heard here.

still all in all, it's an enjoyable album that i will support eventually. the best tracks on here are really, really fucking dope, and you could easily listen to the whole thing without skipping anything, although there's a pair of songs that are in the 2/5 area.

all in all - it's a 4/5 abum for me.. or 3.8/5.0 or whatever.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

CORNED BEEF CUNT

its cool i had the leak for a minute...best tracks are play dirty, fizzyology, hustlers ringtone, endtro and crazy. overall 3.5/5

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

*WAITS FOR FAGs TO HATE ON TERM

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WACKCLOUD AKA FLOOR TILE TANK View Post
    *WAITS FOR FAGs TO HATE ON TERM
    I'm Here!

Termanology = Generic Underground Rapper.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

'

Termanology raps about "how he raps"

Also everyone Ive ever met back in Boston thinks hes a cornball

Agree with what has already been said. Nothing new here, typical Termanology stuff. Not that bad, but can't listen to this very long.

PRODIGAL SUN

I'll rather just have a full lil fame album......or a M.O.P. record. term takes away from it imo, i'm not a big fan of his i don't mind him on songs but rather not have him on there. heard the title song sounds like it was produced by alc(not sure?) but i was jus waitin for the fame verse the whole time.

i don't really like listening to LP's with people i dont like but i love lil fame so i might check it out later.

Wu Vatican

"term" is a faggot.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Lil fame & primos opinion on term>>>>>> internet nerds who posts on forums opinions on term

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

this album is dope, especially the production. Fame did his thing and term's been nice and only getting better. Term gets crazy love out here...even up in NH. I think reks has the number 1 spot out here though

Wu Vatican

term looks like a white drake and sounds like he has a hunger for dick.

preem is trying to capitalize on that white people angle, cant really blame him, besides the fact he picked a gaylord as his white rapper to be.
    Last edited by whitey; 12-03-2012 at 08:30 PM.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

THE WHITES ARE FURIOUS WHEN THEY FIND OUT TERM IS PUERTO RICAn

'

Quote Originally Posted by GEEK SQUAD GOON AKA I FUCK PAWGS View Post
    THE WHITES ARE FURIOUS WHEN THEY FIND OUT TERM IS PUERTO RICAn
    How would someone not know this?

emceeeees kick tha bucket

Regardless of how anybody feels about term, its an album worth peepin. As far as term gettin love in MA, he does, but reks has the crown here right now.
    Boston - NYC