Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 50 Most Slept-On Rappers of All Time

Banned

Default The 50 Most Slept-On Rappers of All Time

Complex has been putting out a lot of these lately -- 11 rappers who were once slept on but no more (Elzhi, Masta Ace, Sean Price), 11 rappers who never dropped a classic album (Busta Rhymes, Big L, Ras Kass, Canibus) -- and now they got 50 most slept-on rappers of all time.

somehow Big Pun is #2 and AZ is nowhere on the list, even though he's the most underrated MC ever. but RA the Rugged Man, Cormega and Killarmy are on the list

http://www.complex.com/music/2012/11...s-of-all-time/

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

it's a stupid list
    bring back begongo!!

Ahahahahahahahhaha these lists kill me.

I don't get how people think AZ is the most underrated. He's on Illmatic (a lot of people's GOAT album) and he ''killed'' Nas is what everyone says (don't agree but still). He's not even that underrated. There are so many artists underrated that have just as much, if not way more skills than him.

Banned

from AZ's wikipedia...

In a countdown of the 10 Most Underappreciated Rappers—Most Underrated Rappers of All Time, the editors of About.com listed AZ as #1 on the list. He was also included on About.com's list of the Top 50 MCs of Our Time (1987–2007), where he was described as "arguably the most underrated lyricist ever."

that's probably why

how the fuck is Pun UNDERRATED ?LOL most heads know he was one of the best to do it plus has platnum & gold debut & sophomore albums let alone first spanish nigga to go platinum reppin the boogie down.

Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    from AZ's wikipedia...

In a countdown of the 10 Most Underappreciated Rappers—Most Underrated Rappers of All Time, the editors of About.com listed AZ as #1 on the list. He was also included on About.com's list of the Top 50 MCs of Our Time (1987–2007), where he was described as "arguably the most underrated lyricist ever."

that's probably why
    That's why I can't take these lists seriously, I just think they're so bad it's funny. AZ is not the most underrated lyricist. AZ is way more well known than Gift Of Gab and Gift Of Gab absolutely destroys AZ plus 99,9% of the rest of the competition lyrically. AZ is not even underrated in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by tekunique View Post
    how the fuck is Pun UNDERRATED ?LOL most heads know he was one of the best to do it plus has platnum & gold debut & sophomore albums let alone first spanish nigga to go platinum reppin the boogie down.
    yeah, that is really weird.

if they wanted to put some dead legend on the list they should have put Big L, because he doesnt has a classic record, and to be honest, I didnt heard anyone mentioning him as a GOAT ( wich in my opinion he is one of them ) untill a few years ago.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 11-19-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    yeah, that is really weird.

if they wanted to put some dead legend on the list they should have put Big L, because he doesnt has a classic record, and to be honest, I didnt heard anyone mentioning him as a GOAT ( wich in my opinion he is ) untill a few years ago.
    Big L is also listed by people, not as often as 2Pac or Biggie but still. I think he gets enough probs, everyone thinks his punchlines are the best when Chino XL's best, K-Rino, Copywrite and some others have beter punchlines but they get underrated.

So far the names mentioned are known by lots of people, just not by millions and millions all over the world.

Quote Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
    Big L is also listed by people, not as often as 2Pac or Biggie but still. I think he gets enough probs, everyone thinks his punchlines are the best when Chino XL's best, K-Rino, Copywrite and some others have beter punchlines but they get underrated.

So far the names mentioned are known by lots of people, just not by millions and millions all over the world.
    they might have better punchlines, but they have not the same flow and voice, and a guy like Copywrite surelly doesnt has the same street mentality and experience as Big L, which is a lot important to me, because I like legit rappers and not nerds like Copywrite or corny dudes like Chino XL.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    they might have better punchlines, but they have not the same flow and voice, and a guy like Copywrite surelly doesnt has the same street mentality and experience as Big L, which is a lot important to me, because I like legit rappers and not nerds like Copywrite or corny dudes like Chino XL.
    I also like Big L's stories more and the music is better but to me technically he could never be the king of punchlines. Shame he died so soon.

Also I think K-Rino has a better flow, but his beats are just so wack that you can't stand them for longer than 5 minutes.

I also like Big L's stories more and the music is better but to me technically he could never be the king of punchlines. Shame he died so soon.
    specially because a fukin mistake, it was really a shame!!!

btw, Big L RIP!

lol nice to see ka and nickatina but wtf at lil boosie LOL

killarmy should be on the list specifically sin.

and no real underrated rappers on the list like masta ace, chino and so forth.

The Smell of The Future LORD NOSE's Avatar

J Live

also J Dilla as an Mc

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

AZ is way more well known than Gift Of Gab and Gift Of Gab absolutely destroys AZ