Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJ Premier News...

Veteran Member

Default DJ Premier News...

* Long-awaited NYG'z album Local NYG'z: Hustlers Union is due out (all formats) in the 1st quarter of 2013.

* He and Freddie Foxxx are currently recording The KoleXXXion 2

* O.C. & Freddie Foxxx album is also bein recorded with 3 songs produced by DJ Premier, 3 produced by MoSS, and 3 produced by Gemcrates

Lol @ Premier being busy. He and Pete Rock should get to work and quit being lazy. When was that album supposed to drop? 2 years ago I think and still no nothing. Even if it gets released it won't be that good.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Still no nothing. Yeah dude is set he doesn't need to make another beat in his life he's a hall of famer no matter what

True

Veteran Member

Genius blame Pete Rock on that one, not Premier's fault. Ever since Pete wanted to make it a double album with mainstream & underground artists I doubt will see it for a while, plus the inclusion that the Preme/Rock LP will be privately funded by some NBA player.

http://www.djpremierblog.com/2012/02...ete-rock-more/

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    Genius blame Pete Rock on that one, not Premier's fault. Ever since Pete wanted to make it a double album with mainstream & underground artists I doubt will see it for a while, plus the inclusion that the Preme/Rock LP will be privately funded by some NBA player.

http://www.djpremierblog.com/2012/02...ete-rock-more/
    Thanks, didn't know that. Still I think it would not have been released yet. Pete Rock wants mainstream artists on it after all the criticism on mainstream rap ruining everything for people like himself. I've seen him contradict himself in interviews multiple times. I remember a interview from 2008 or something he said Kanye was lazy and he got irritated cause he would rip his drums if there was open parts in the beats. After Runaway's succes that has The Basement drums on it he was glad he used it. Smif N Wessun album with Pete was also bad.

Thanks for the info. peace

-

What about KRS One album that DJ Premier was supposed to be working on called Return Of The Boom Bip? Premier is supposed to produce all the beats. That would be nice if that album happened. Also what about the Nas album that Premier was supposed to do all the beats? I know that won't be happening. I would like to see the Pete Rock and Premier album and i'll be looking out for O.C. and Freddie Foxxx album.

CharlesJones you will be disappointed!

Veteran Member

Charles that was Premier's last update so we've already known about those albums, this is his newest info on his projects.

"Still I think it would not have been released yet. Pete Rock wants mainstream artists on it after all the criticism on mainstream rap ruining everything for people like himself."

Naw if they planned on the original concept it would have been out by now for sure. OG was 12 songs only, 6 by each producers...even that is doable from both producers.

"I've seen him contradict himself in interviews multiple times. I remember a interview from 2008 or something he said Kanye was lazy and he got irritated cause he would rip his drums if there was open parts in the beats. After Runaway's succes that has The Basement drums on it he was glad he used it."

He has a big ego, Pete. If you jack his songs & its successful, he wont care. Jack a song from him that really goes nowhere, hell be furious (Lupe Fiasco anyone?),

"Smif N Wessun album with Pete was also bad."

Monumental has some awesome tracks, not traditional Pete (but hey Ive given up on him doing old school SP1200 beats) but too many features & some questionable songs.

-

The Genius, i don't think i'll be disappointed in Pete Rock and Premier album as long as the beats are tight and they have underground rappers. I think it's a stupid idea by Pete to have mainstream rappers on the album. Keep it underground Pete. He didn't have mainstream rappers on his Soul Survivor part 1 and part 2 albums.

Veteran Member

They both have underground rappers on this project, I dont think you understand what Pete actually wants. Instead of 1 album with u.g. rappers with 6 beats each...Pete wanted to make the 'Premier vs Pete' project a DOUBLE ALBUM. The 1st disc is supposed to be them both producing for more major artists/mainstream BUT theyre still keeping their original idea & making the 2nd disc of them both producing underground rappers (They already confirmed Roc Marciano, GZA, Sheek Louch, Beatnuts, C.L. Smooth etc)
    Last edited by Jin10304; 11-24-2012 at 05:39 PM.

-

Oh ok. That'll be cool if it's a double album. What mainstream rappers does Pete want on the album?

Veteran Member

No fucking clue, that was the last update I heard on the LP

Veteran Member

Damn it I knew it, fucking Pete man. The VS album will be released late 2013...

"GS: Looks like Petestrumentals II is brewing. What’s in store? What can you tell us about the Petestrumentals of 2001 versus this new one?

Pete Rock: Yes, Petestrumentals II is creatively in the works. There won’t a be a huge difference, just a continuation from the first album.

GS: What else is new with you? Any other gems being concocted in the lab?!

Pete Rock: Yes, lots of projects are being developed. First one out this year is the Camp Lo project titled 80 Blocks From Tiffany’s. Working on a DJ Premier vs. Pete Rock project that will come out in late 2013. Also collaborating with Roy Ayers and working with Robert Glasper."