Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DJ Premier News...

Lol don't actually expect it in late 2013, that's a maybe for me. PeteStrumentals II should be interesting, hope Pete still has it, cause if he really wants to, I'm sure he will drop a banger.

Quote Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
    Thanks, didn't know that. Still I think it would not have been released yet. Pete Rock wants mainstream artists on it after all the criticism on mainstream rap ruining everything for people like himself. I've seen him contradict himself in interviews multiple times. I remember a interview from 2008 or something he said Kanye was lazy and he got irritated cause he would rip his drums if there was open parts in the beats. After Runaway's succes that has The Basement drums on it he was glad he used it. Smif N Wessun album with Pete was also bad.

dude you are way too harsh of a critic

monumental was a good album

had a few great tracks
    Non Ignorants

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
    Lol @ Premier being busy. He and Pete Rock should get to work and quit being lazy.
    Primo and Pete Rock have been lazy? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Primo and Pete Rock have been lazy? What?
    Don't look at the names or the numbers of releases. It's their beats that sound lazy. I hope in the future some more Pete Rock unreleased will get released, cause some of his best stuff is on there. Pete Rock has always been better than Premier for me, but the last album with Smif N Wessun was just bad and NY Finest was very disappointing. He did produce a great beat for Onra last year, but that's about it. Premier uses the same formula over and over again and you can see that he doesn't do it like he used to, but who can blame him after being in the game for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by JASPER BEARDLY View Post
    dude you are way too harsh of a critic

monumental was a good album

had a few great tracks
    When I heard Smif N Wessun and Pete Rock were making an album together the first thing that came to my mind was This shit is going to be some of the greatest shit in the last couple of years for sure. It is by far the worst release of Smif N Wessun and also the worst release by Pete Rock. The combination just didn't work, the rapping was bad and the production was poor sampling mostly. I don't see how I am being harsh. Most songs were just bad, not terrible (for Pete's abilities it actually was) but bad. There were 2 songs I liked, but those were just good, nothing special.

I enjoy releases like the last Slum Village mixtape with Mick Boogie, mainly because of Young RJ's incredible producing. He is not lazy and has great samples. Substantial also dropped a great album earlier this year.

I don't think I'm being too hard on this album tho, most of the times I am, but in this case I think a lot of people was hating on the album

Veteran Member

Naw Smif n Wessun's "The Album" was their worst release

-

I gotta agree with The Genius and Jin10304. Pete Rock and Smif and Wessun album was wack and Pete's NY Finest album wasn't good. Smif and Wessun haven't made a good album since Da Shinin LOL. I don't have a problem with DJ Premier using the same formula for his beats. I love most of his beats. He keeps his beats hardcore.

Veteran Member

I never said Monumental was whack or even NYs Finest for that matter