Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Block Production Credits

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THE MASON View Post
    some pathetic people on this site these days

the album fuckin bangs front to back. stop finding bullshit reasons to complain.

if you think you cvan do better, why are you on this website. go out and fuckin try and do better.

otherwise stop fucking whiniing and stop pretending like yall know anything about making music.

half bitching about no name producers are only mad cause you didnt get your rinky dink beat chosen and the other half are limp wristed ebabies who cant listen to street music (d block is just that).

so shut the fuck up, play the album and realize you got a banger amongst pure trash in 2012.
    Pure Ownage.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Old Head, Young Shoulders laolu's Avatar

ILLadelph (but just moved to Ft.Lauderdale)

*....getting my suit of armor out to protect me from the wrath.....*

to get it out of the way first....i am one who was disappointed when i first saw the tracklist w/ production credits BECAUSE we already knew they got beats from rza for this album, plus rza did the first "wu-block" song which was a B-B-B-BANGER, but didnt make the album. HOWEVER....i am very pleasantly surprised at the production here.

for me, anticipation for this album was through the roof...mainly because i'm a huge GFK fan and he absolutely shredded all the pre-release mixtape tracks they let out. my mouth was watering. ultimately, i'm a tad disappointed in sheek & GFK's rhymes on the album, as i thought their rhymes on the pre-release joints were better, especially for ghost.... again thats because i have almost unfairly high standards for GFK.
    i think the 2 best tracks they made are "hands up" (#1) and "wu-block" (#2), both didnt make the LP. although i think thats puzzling, i'm grateful i have them, so props to them for releasing them, which is exactly what should always be done.

all features were great! all wu features brought their A-game....especially MEF. that kid is out of his mind w/ lyrics & flow. just as an MC, he's one of like the 7 best ever probably. still cant believe he hasnt been able to release a 5-star album yet. but still got my fingers crossed. INS is always perfect on features. even gza i thought was great. he didnt sound sleepy, and his demeanor fit the track. great lyrics too!
    like 'angry!', i was disappointed in jada here. he has way better shit than this.

for "drivin round", badu was so dope!!!....but i wish her spot was longer. and i also think her appearance actually clashed w/ that vocal sample in the beat. u didnt need both that vocal sample and a soulful hook. and who is better than GFK on soulful songs? why was he absent here?

shroomz had the best beat on the album.
    very glad to see e.sermon break from his usual mold. beat was refreshing, as i think his typical formula is ultra-repetitive.
    i can see rza as the producer of "bust shots" since sheek actually mentions rza, and because the bassline is the same as "the jumpoff" from 'the W' album.

i love the skit where they're talking about the jewelry! fuck rappers!!!

i know it sounds like i'm really nit-picking here, but thats because i had high expectations & i'm actually really into the album. the negative always sounds more prominent than the positive when you're talking about it.
    overall, i really like the album as a whole.....especially because i cant think of skippable tracks right now....and i know i havent skipped any yet as many times as i've listened to it.

kinda struggle to give it a 4/5, but its close. i understand HHDX's review.

.....of course, all just personal opinion.

This album is better than I thought. It's not mindblowing, but compared to other shit it's good. I think Ghost is definitely rapping better than Sheek. All this talk about production, this album has way better beats with unkown producers than it would have with known producer past their prime, so I'm glad they chose young and upcoming artists that are hungry.

ILLadelph (but just moved to Ft.Lauderdale)

anybody got the "union square" mp3 ?

PRODIGAL SUN

Does anyone have a list of all the samples used on this album?? If I had all the titles I could put them in an archive for everyone (unless someone has already done this then please link me)

Veteran Member

"i can see rza as the producer of "bust shots" since sheek actually mentions rza, and because the bassline is the same as "the jumpoff" from 'the W' album."

Bust Shots was originally from Man with the Iron Fists soundtrack by RZA, one of the reasons for that shout out. Its done by Frank Dukes.

I am all for seeking out new producers and giving them a chance... I mean that's how people get discovered to begin with, but I have to admit that although no beats were what I call wack I felt like they were a little dated and not on the same level as the emceeing.

Ghost, Sheek and the rest of the cast manage to destroy almost every single verse, even Cappa sounds hungry as fuck, and even GZA delivered a very clever and great verse. Meth was on fire, as well as Styles who destroyed All in Together one of the best tracks on the album. I thought there could have been more Jada since he murders everything he touches. Rae was his usual self... no complaints.

I mean these dudes are spittin hard! And on point with the flows. But again, the beats for the most part are nothing special, with the exception of "Stella" "All in Together" "Driving Round" "Been Robbed" and "Guns For life" which could have been more special if those horns were more enhanced.

With all that said again... the beats dont suck... most just are really regular and fall flat with no elevation... and I stand by that. Overall I can listen to this album from top to bottom on the strength of everybody going hard on the mic.

Overall: 7 out of 10

Finally got my copy in the mail, Favorite track right now is "driving ARound" lol GZA's verse isn't that wack after all lol
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Probably my favorite as well, MK and GZA are on point on this one. GZA's flow works because of the slow beat.
    Last edited by TheFunkyDrummer; 12-04-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Only Dud on the album is "Been Robbed" besides that, this is a 4 Star banger, Lyrics are hard, Ghost is slapping niggaz on every track

'

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Only Dud on the album is "Been Robbed" besides that, this is a 4 Star banger, Lyrics are hard, Ghost is slapping niggaz on every track
    Agreed.

this nigga said

i can see ya snake eyes without the crap throw

I was wrong Erykah Badu killed that track

nada ignorante

Stop complaining bitches..... Stella, different time zones, Bust shots among a few other tracks is blazin the album is dope overall and the production is better than Ironfists.
    N.I.