Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Block Production Credits

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Origin™ View Post

Not unbelievable at all dude, come to expect that type of shit from this board nowdays lol

Sean P, Roc Marcy, Action Bronson, and others...

all dropping pure heat, and this board does nothing but complain haha

One minute its complaints about HipHop music being soft, soon as some hardbody shit comes out, complain about that too..

IM GLAD WHEN FOREIGNERS DONT DIG TRUE HIP HOP, THAT MEANS THEY SHOULD BE LISTENING TO THERE RACES TRUE MUSIC WHICH IS NICKEL BACK

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

lmao nickelback
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    Happends all the time, it was just a promo single unfortunately like Union Square. LOL at again not delivering on the RZA productions (usual) & having a LP produced by a buncha unknowns, incredibly risky, this is exactly why I felt the production was going to be underwelming
    RZA Produced the Bonus Track #15

i'm extremely surprised nowone noticed this.... shit is bangin
    Last edited by RuStY_WU-Chain; 11-25-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Veteran Member

^ Where does it say he produced Bust Shots?

he's saying that because sheek says "rza leave it like that" at the end of his verse. i think a lot of the rappers outside of the wu thought the iron fists soundtrack was a rza-produced project. a few other people dropped his name like it was his beat they were on

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RuStY_WU-Chain View Post
    RZA Produced the Bonus Track #15

i'm extremely surprised nowone noticed this.... shit is bangin
    RoFL

IT WAS PRODUCED BY STRINGERS BROTHER ANDREW KELLY
    DUDE WHO PRODUCED AZs MEMPHIS SESSIONS

yeah and im sayin that because that baseline is signature of rza. the whole production of that joint is screaming 90's rza style thru my dome..lol word..

////

well guess im wronge haha shit sounded like rza to me. nevamind
    Last edited by RuStY_WU-Chain; 11-25-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Veteran Member

You assumed, all good. Frank Dukes/Andrew Kelley did Bust Shots. Same shit happened to Decks 'A Lil Story' remember?...."RZA what up!"

este sitio es una mierda drippie k's Avatar

In all honesty, I'd bang the fuck outta the chick in the nickelfack video
    cash rules. still don't nothin move but the money

^you're a liar and have toilet water on your vagina

Yeah splashback is an issue. Im not a liar though, at least about this. The album is made of poo.

its strange that amazon got RZA listed as a guest on Different Time Zones when he's not even on it, the only thing that sounds like RZA is the beat thats similar to "New Wu" song but then the production credits Frank Dukes for the beat, so it seems that maybe they fucked up the production credits on the CD

http://www.amazon.com/Wu-Block-Expli...words=wu-block

Quote Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
    Who gives a fuck about names. When you listen to beats you're not listening to names, you're supposed to listen to the banging drums and sample
    yes i agree, and there's plenty of times i've been blown away by some real unknown producer, which actually happened a lot on this album too.. but still if you see a tracklist where there's Alchemist, RZA, Madlib, Black Milk, Muggs, Jake One, Needlz and whoever you pretty much get an idea of what the album will sound like. the reason people was a little skeptic is because there's been some Wu albums where they used unknown producers that was really wack ("Manifesto", "Lex Diamond Story", "Mr. Excited"...)

this album is a fucking banger though, unlike INS, Ghost always had an amazing ear for beats whether or not the cats are well known or not, and this proves it again. pretty much all of this album fucking knocks, this will be getting plenty of spins. Putting Wu-Tang and D-Block was a great idea. the "Bust Shots" tracks should have been on the official album though, one of the best tracks imo.. i wouldn't mind a mastered version of "Wu-Block" single or a Ghost verse on the Badu cut (which is also one of the illest tracks on the LP; damn Sheek, MK, GZA and Badu all brought it on that 1).

another great album of 2012.. this year's been heavy with the dope releases!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Peace CT

So is "Bust Shots" Itunes only or suttin? Gonna cop the retail today so hoping its on the CD. Peace