Thread: Madlib help! Don't reply if you aren't a Madlib enthusiast, or have wack beat taste

courage under fire War and Peace's Avatar
    walking through the valley of the shadow of death

Default Madlib help! Don't reply if you aren't a Madlib enthusiast, or have wack beat taste

Been busy, plus Madlib drops so much material, I'm way behind - the following are a few of my fav Madlib beats, not counting Madvillain [all no-brainers]; recommend me some beats from his more recent work in this vein>

Real Eyes
    Boom Music
    The Clown (Episode C)
    Slim's Return
    The Payback (Gotta)

GOLDEN ARMS REDEMPTION

'Forked tongue make painful kisses...........and fam, when you talk, then the angels listen.'

VORTEX

Slim's return is dope as fuck, i got mad love for the whole "Shades of Blue" album. If you feel that type of shit then from the same album "Please set me at ease" & "Distant Land".
    He also produced some nicely flipped beats for Freddie Gibbs, can't wait for their Collab' to drop some fucking day... "Thuggin'" & "Shame" are DOPE! got em both on vinyl just for those beats man...

Dunno what exactly you are looking for, but throw some deeper info on what you are looking for!

Peace

VORTEX

"The Birth of Petey Wheatstraw" From Seeds with G.A.M.
    But Blu also took that instrumental and spit some on it, however i think it was without green light from Madlib. the whole "Blu-Madlib" shit was on the net for a short period of time, and unmastered as always, however if you were quick backl then you could DL it from bandbase or Soundcloud... can't remember which! . I must stress tho' i DON'T condone DL's and shit.

All the Beat Kondukta's basically. Fallin' from Guilty Simpson, but most of the times I listen to the instrumental. Madlib is one of the most versatile producers. Quasimoto beats are underrated; Bus Ride, Greenery & Privacy for example. He provided half of the Jaylib beats, check out Survival Test, The Official & Strapped. Shades Of Blue is his best solo album definitely, he's at so many different chambers on there. Also 62 Beats, unreleased material from 2005. MED was using beats from this 7 year old tape on his latest album 'Classic'.

I don't know if Jaylib is a no brainer for you, but I put it out there anyway. Shades Of Blue is obvious to me as well, but then again Madlib is one of my favorite producers of all time.

I'm going to bump Whutkanido right now lol

Medicine Show doesn't belong to my Madlib favorites, but this one right here is great. Also check out his latest work with Freddie Gibbs (Thuggin' in 2011 and Shame in 2012)

Old Head, Young Shoulders laolu's Avatar

Montara
    Soon the New Day
    Auditorium (Get It Right on Beat Konducta, Volume 3 & 4: In India
    Stones Throw 2007)

Quote Originally Posted by laolu View Post
    Montara
    Those drums prove that Madlib is one of the greatest. Underrated track.

Another Madlib classic you can smoke to

Maddd

Old Head, Young Shoulders laolu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THE GENIUS View Post
    Those drums prove that Madlib is one of the greatest. Underrated track.

Word.