Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: GZA: Dark Matter Thread

PRODIGAL SUN

I have a feeling that he used a lotta those verses on random wu features and a better tomorrow since then. If you notice the bars are all straight science.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    GZA was working with Vangelis (Greek composer & Producer) on the album as of 2015. They passed away last year so maybe that delayed it but I don't know to what extent they were involved in the album's production.
    What I always recall from around that period, is that his tour was cancelled so that he could finish the album with Vangelis. But a year or more later he was back on bills, and there was no album.
    Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I get really fucking sick of people talking about shit that will probably never come out, real quick, and hyping shit. I lost interest in CL2 years before it came out. I've never felt like that about this album tho. He's been quiet about it. At least from what I've seen. If you're anticipating this shit like it's gonna happen soon, that's your own problem. I haven't seen or heard anything that's given me reason to.
    The way Rae was saying it, that hype was started and maintained by Busta. Busta pushed him to do that. But Rae had a lot of reservations. Shit, that shit with Dre even. And then nothing but one track. Yeah, I was tired too by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee3 View Post
    I dont think this album will surface. Same goes with ghost and doom and the new ghostface with kanye overseeing the project.
    Hehe, how the turned have tables with that Kanye exec thing. I also hear noone talking about Liquid Swords 2 anymore. Which was announced around the same period I believe.

Besides. The literal title of the album is Dark Matter. Too bad GZA is not an artist in the sense that he would make this album exist or not exist since we cannot see/hear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I imagine part of the delay is wanting to get the science right. It has to be both scientifically accurate and artistically good songs. Which doesn't sound easy.
    Depends on the how deep you would want to go. If you are stating basics, and you read up and studied. Don't see that taking forever. Though science is all about knowning you don't know everything and you deduct for now based upon the evidence which is provided up untill this point.

The theory of the asteroid killing the dinosaurs is not even 50 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    I have a feeling that he used a lotta those verses on random wu features and a better tomorrow since then. If you notice the bars are all straight science.
    Hal made a similar point about a year ago. And from what I have listened too, there is a point to be made there. The other thing that can be said, is that if you go into something like this: a science rabbit hole. That at one point that is just the thing you do, rap about science. Like Ghost and Rae with coke.

I also remember Babygrande being mad at U-God for taking a track that was reserved for GZA. Going by the fact we are still waiting for the album, I can totally understand them being angry about that. lol
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

I’d still listen to this shit. Liquid Swords II would be a more dope themed concept to me though

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I imagine part of the delay is wanting to get the science right. It has to be both scientifically accurate and artistically good songs. Which doesn't sound easy.
    I agree. I'd love to GZA to make a song about the formation of the earth or the dinosaur era. Something similar to Animal Planet or Fame.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    I agree. I'd love to GZA to make a song about the formation of the earth or the dinosaur era. Something similar to Animal Planet or Fame.

The Spark is a good example of what the album could be like. Safe to say that he has a line open with NASA after this collaboration from 2016. Anybody know who produced it?
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I don't think Gza has ever put out music just for the sake of it, or because it's his job. Maybe to some degree with Pro Tools. If he's saying he's still gonna drop it then I imagine he still actually has the desire to do so, and will when he's motivated to finish it.

I get really fucking sick of people talking about shit that will probably never come out, real quick, and hyping shit. I lost interest in CL2 years before it came out. I've never felt like that about this album tho. He's been quiet about it. At least from what I've seen. If you're anticipating this shit like it's gonna happen soon, that's your own problem. I haven't seen or heard anything that's given me reason to.
    Detox coming soon!
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.