Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: GZA: Dark Matter Thread

I feel like he used some of the verses meant for Dark Matter on ABT (check some of those bars), unless that's just his whole style and one & only topic now. cuz of that I'm not too sure whether Dark Matter is still a thing - like, did he redistribute his verses and give up on Dark Matter? maybe not but the wait is getting very long
    Retired.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Can't say I'm too interested in this project any more after hearing his recent verses.

For some reason I thought it would be a kinda sci fi themed album, not 70 minutes of GZA rapping about particles and atoms

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

IronSheik

Default Recites another verse: Album due Fall 2015 [Liquid Swords/Babygrande]

flamboyant steez liquidswordchamber36's Avatar

Umm is this happening or not? lol. Wu-Tang is on the verge of death if not already there. What ever happened to Inspectah Deck's the Rebellion? it sounded mad ill but guess it's never coming out like the majority of all off The Wu's projects.

Banned

GZA is going on a European tour called The Dark Matter Tour. Don't know if he is releasing the album at this time.

IronSheik

Default featured in 15 Celebrities And Politicians Who Secretly Love Science list

Stars possess a certain gravity that draws us toward them. For some stars (of the celebrity type), science has the same magnetic pull.

The Perimeter Institute has put together a list of the biggest celebrities and their nerdy passions, as well as their contributions to science and education. A few may take you by surprise…

GZA

Due to circumstances beyond our control and a narrow window to finish Dark Matter, with a very rare collaborator, I regret to inform my fans that I must cancel these upcoming European dates. I'll be back next Spring with brand new material.

so we're looking at a 2016 release ...
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    GZA

Due to circumstances beyond our control and a narrow window to finish Dark Matter, with a very rare collaborator, I regret to inform my fans that I must cancel these upcoming European dates. I'll be back next Spring with brand new material.

yeah right

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

GZA

That person is Blade Runner composer Vangelis check his instagram for pics

Retired.

Thumbs down

who the fk is that fat old white man !? we dont need his sort on Gzas album

Quote Originally Posted by habitual_line_steppr View Post
    who the fk is that fat old white man !? we dont need his sort on Gzas album
    might go both way with Vangelis, a stalwart in early electronic music. he's got a long history in music (esp soundtracks) some great tracks, some schmaltz too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vangelis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmDQWAorHPA
    Retired.

I'll be back next Spring with brand new material.

I think he's saying he'll be back in Europe next spring on his Dark Matter tour. I'd imagine he'd release the record, tour the US, then make his way over to Europe. So a late 2015 album release is possible in my estimate.

^^that makes a lot of sense

I think I jumped the gun

I hope Vangelis only does the one track otherwise the album might end up being very ethereal. but then again I guess 'ethereal' would suit the subject matter

still hoping for some banging beats
    Retired.

PRODIGAL SUN