Thread: Lighting Returns - Final Fantasy XIII

Default Lighting Returns - Final Fantasy XIII

Square-Enix third installment of the Final Fantasy XIII saga. It seems that this game will be more action-RPG oriented with character customization. You can clearly see on the trailer that she have different types of clothes and shields during battle. It looks really good!! Check the trailer:

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII 'Extended Debut Trailer'

Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII - Presentation [English Sub] - Over 30 minutes long.

I for one liked FFXIII, because of Lighting. I love her design on that game and on FFXIII-2. Lighting really looked 10 times better as a Valkyrie of Valhalla, but since she wasn't the protagonist on XIII-2, I avoided that piece of crap of a sequel like I was never a fan. Now, she have an even cooler design than the Valhalla costume, and she is back as the main character. Not only that, but the mechanics of the game looks promising. My faith in Final Fantasy games could be restored with this game.
    Last edited by RagnaroK; 12-24-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

I got FFXIII and FFXIII-2, so I might get this one also !
    A razor-blade instead of a tongue, My game’s sharp. - Method Man

VORTEX

word, was not impressed with the second installment, even tho they made upgrading skills/class a lot better! The only character worth shit in that game was noel! but the game get boring real quick! hopefully this shit right here, is gonna take shit!

Square Enix are the biggest faggots in gaming industry. They used to make classic games. In FF XII you could already see that they were going for the easy route and then they fucked it up way more with FF XIII. Where the fuck is FF XIII Versus? Waiting for quality FF releases is like waiting for another 36 Chambers album.

VORTEX

Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
    Square Enix are the biggest faggots in gaming industry. They used to make classic games. In FF XII you could already see that they were going for the easy route and then they fucked it up way more with FF XIII. Where the fuck is FF XIII Versus? Waiting for quality FF releases is like waiting for another 36 Chambers album.
    LMAO!!!!!!!! on point with this one!
    I guess quality releases were a square soft thing and so on!

Square have released nothing but garbage since they merged with Enix (FF games anyway) so until Versus comes out they can get fucked

Especially with a western orientated action RPG

The only reason I want to give this game a chance is because it'll be an action RPG. The real concern I have about the game is that freaking 13 day time limit, it's a stupid mechanic to add to a game.

I completely agree with you, Square-Enix have released a lot of garbage games, but there're some gems like Dissidia 012, Crisis Core, Type-0 and FFXI. Problem is they are mostly PSP games and the other is online. I've never played FFXI, but i've only heard good things about that game and even today is still being played. Crisis Core was a damn good action RPG and Type-0 looks really amazing, but for some reason they won't be releasing it outside of Japan. That's too bad Type-0 Looks really fun to play and it got really high scores from reviewers.

Last edited by RagnaroK; 01-15-2013 at 10:57 PM.

My comment was aimed at X-2, XII and both XIII's really. I enjoyed the first Dissidia and the small section I played of XI. The new XIV looks pretty awesome as well

I'm guessing it's 13 in-game days?

Yep! It's a countdown. Your actions could influence the flow of the timer, your choices could add or lose time. I really don't like this mechanic at all, but whatever, I just want to play as Lighting.
    Last edited by RagnaroK; 01-16-2013 at 10:50 AM.

It seems like an interesting concept

New trailer:

For some pictures of the game: http://www.gamespot.com/lightning-re...y-xiii/images/

Im linking what I'm seeing. The combat is looking good. Gotta wait for Square Enix section on E3 for more info.

This has been put back until next year now. I'm at work so I can't link but It's coming out in Feb

Anybody been following a realm reborn?

Gameplay video from E3 with tutorial. You can clearly see how the new battle system works:

Ever since I saw A Realm Reborn trailer, I seriously been thinking of buying it. I've always stayed away from any MMO RPG. Those games are so vast, I wouldn't even know where to start.
    Last edited by RagnaroK; 06-13-2013 at 11:02 AM.

I still don't like the way they've taken the XIII series but one of the reasons I'm getting a PS4 is for FFXV so I guess I can't complain too much

I felt the same about XIV originally but the massive improvements and fan service won me over