Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talib Kweli Goes With Koch To Release 'Right About Now...' on Nov 22nd

Default Talib Kweli Goes With Koch To Release 'Right About Now...' on Nov 22nd

A new CD is on the way from Talib Kweli titled Right About Now... The new album is the result of a deal struck by Kweli’s label, Blacksmith Music and KOCH.
    The album contains all new songs and features appearances by Mos Def, Jean Grae, Pappose and others and features the singles “Who Got It” and “Fly That Knot.”

"Right About Now... sums up this project,” Kweli said. “Usually when my music comes out, the people hear where I was a year ago. This project represents where I am right now."

In recent press releases, the album was billed as being released through a deal Kweli inked with Warner Music Group. Despite the shift in labels, the album will still be released on Nov. 22.

The track listing for Right About Now...

1. Right About Now
    2. Drugs, Basketball & Rap feat. Planet Asia & Phil The Agony
    3. Who Got It
    4. Fly That Knot
    5. Ms. Hill
    6. Flash Gordon
    7. Supreme Supreme feat. Mos Def
    8. The Beast feat. Papoose
    9. Roll Of Me
    10. Rock On
    11. Where Ya Gonna Run (Jean Grae feat. Talib Kweli)
    12. Two & Two

allhiphop.com

Sounds promising, hopefully it will be better than his last. Good to see him and Mos back on a track together.

BIG L Rest In Peace

DEVIL BASTARD!!! PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT's Avatar

Default Re: Talib Kweli Goes With Koch To Release 'Right About Now...' on Nov 22nd

dope mc, hope the production and direction are sound

Default Re: Talib Kweli Goes With Koch To Release 'Right About Now...' on Nov 22nd

I'm a Kweli fan buts it kinda funny about the "where I'm at right now" vs a year later because Supreme Supreme has been leaked for some time now. I've had it on my computer for a while. Nevertheless I'm still gonna grab the record when it drops.

hopefully production is tight

i wouldve liked to see common, kanye, mf doom, ghostface, de la soul, del, the roots, john legend, pharoahe monch, nas
    some tracks produced by dj premier, hi tek, and maybe bronze nazareth

peace

Talib and Jean Grae are on Warner Music now.

Straight Outta PHX

I read on another forum some of the producers are 88 Keys, Jay Dee, DJ Khalil and Needlz.
    In the world I see, you're stalking elk through the damp canyon forest around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty carpool lane of some abandoned superhighway.

Kweli is dope...........but the BEAUTIFUL STRUGGLE was one of the worst albums of all-time (for a dude as talented as KWELI to drop such shit)......it fuckin sucked, and along with METHOD MAN"S TICAL 0 PREQUEL are the two most dissapointing hip hop albums of all time

.......I think KWELI relises this and hopefully he will bring it back
    "Rap has gradually degenerated from an art form into a ring tone"

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto

Quote Originally Posted by JIM BOND
    Talib and Jean Grae are on Warner Music now.
    Where did you hear this???

Also, I have a bad feeling about this album for some reason.....I didn't like Beautiful Struggle either.....but I loved Reflection Eternal and Quality

I thought he was coming out with another Reflection Eternal album with Hi-Tek?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Unseen
    Supreme Supreme has been leaked for some time now. I've had it on my computer for a while.
    Flash Gordon has been released on vinyl last year, too

Where did you hear this???
    A very good source.

@ Warner

Veteran Member

This nigga must live in the studio. Whats up with Mos they need to bang out another blackstar album. If the Fugee can reunite then I know they can.

Wu Forever

Now Das Wassup

Pussy Ass Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by gi0vanni
    create man you're always bitching at people. you need to take a chill pill. you jump on people every chance you get.

Haha Yeah Am Syked

Pussy Ass Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by gi0vanni
    create man you're always bitching at people. you need to take a chill pill. you jump on people every chance you get.

yup! there it is. and beautiful struggle is better than what ya'll are saying. it had some good tracks (going hard, i try, the ghetto, we know, black girl pain). It's hard to make follow up records after you drop classics like Blackstar and Reflection Eternal. I'm still looking forward to this, but I'd rather see a Blackstar CD (hopefully it's in the works). If Blackstar does come out with another album Mos better emcee instead of sing. Why, after making a classic CD with him, doesn't Kweli use Hi-Tek? Anyways, I'm ranting on, but I'm real excited about all this, plus I'm going to see Blackstar, Jean Grae, and Pharoahe Monch in concert in a month from today. AAAAAAAHH

WHAT'S GOING ON?