Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Method Man confirms crystal meth is NEVER dropping

for what?
    Christianity = White Supremacy

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

to check the fans response and thereby see if people are still interested. what else?
    We do it for the people.

he already knows the response he'll get which is why he isnt putting anything out.

so its pointless especially when he's successful at other things.

what about because you still respect the artform that made you a multi millioniare in the first place.

or the fans who supported said artform with their money, that made you a multi millionaire in the first place.

on top of the fact that meth's just wasting a skill set that is much superior to most mc's PERIOD.

making a mixtape/album really aint shit. compared to working a "real" job.
    he could bang out a song every 2-4 days while touring.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THE W View Post
    he already knows the response he'll get which is why he isnt putting anything out.

so its pointless especially when he's successful at other things.
    Actually he doesn't know the fans response. Why are other people making free mix tape type albums and getting money off shows, the same thing meth is doing without the mix tape part. Stop making excuses for this man. If anything
    The mixtape could catch buzz and put extra money in his pocket, doing a mix tape type album can't hurt you
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by main_man View Post
    what about because you still respect the artform that made you a multi millioniare in the first place.

or the fans who supported said artform with their money, that made you a multi millionaire in the first place.

on top of the fact that meth's just wasting a skill set that is much superior to most mc's PERIOD.

making a mixtape/album really aint shit. compared to working a "real" job.
    he could bang out a song every 2-4 days while touring.
    dude is out on the road constantly doing shows all over the globe. performing, signing autographs, doing interviews. do you understand the amount of time and effort that goes into touring?

meth's talent is being an MC so how is he wasting his talent as an MC when he's out doing live shows? BTW, he doesnt owe us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Actually he doesn't know the fans response. Why are other people making free mix tape type albums and getting money off shows, the same thing meth is doing without the mix tape part. Stop making excuses for this man. If anything
    The mixtape could catch buzz and put extra money in his pocket, doing a mix tape type album can't hurt you
    if he puts out crystal meth it might sell enough records for meth to break even while giving him more material to tour with, which he doesnt need. meth already has classics for days.

whether he puts something out from the studio or not, he may be commercially irrelevant and lacking in artistic inspiration, but dude is not lazy.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THE W View Post

if he puts out crystal meth it might sell enough records for meth to break even while giving him more material to tour with, which he doesnt need. meth already has classics for days.

whether he puts something out from the studio or not, he may be commercially irrelevant and lacking in artistic inspiration, but dude is not lazy.
    I said a mixtape-ish album. I'm not even speaking on Crystal Meth anymore. The nigga is lazy, you're talking about touring all over the world and shit, a bunch of rappers are doing the same shit while releasing free mixtape-ish albums, no excuse. You're just saying the same thing over and over. MASTER P is back out! buzzing.. 3 million downloads already lol a free mixtape, he ain't even got to put out a studio album, he can do shows off that tape...smh
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

defending meth's laziness & lack of work ethic in 2012/13.

once he drops a mixtape, album or just some new music in general. i'll shut up.

until then, cat is lazy as fuck.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

they're doing it because they have to. no names that need buzz. meth isnt a no name trying to get himself out there. he's a legend with tons of classic material to use on tour.

not constantly putting out studio albums and mixtapes hasnt hurt the rolling stones. you dont have to do that when you're a legend in the game with a classic catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by main_man View Post
    defending meth's laziness & lack of work ethic in 2012/13.

once he drops a mixtape, album or just some new music in general. i'll shut up.

until then, cat is lazy as fuck.
    not NEARLY as absurd as people sitting around waiting for wu-tang to put out new music that they're just gonna download and say it sucks.

why deal with that when you're stacking paper on tour performing your classics?

meth simply isnt interested in making music right now and doesnt need to.

you mad?

Why defend him. If meth man doesnt care about his music why the hell should anyone else?

no one in the clan is putting out anything worth mentioning.

do we want all the members to be like ghost and rae putting stuff out just to say they did that no ons is gonna care about after a few listens?

I don't think Meth is lazy, I think he just lost his motivation to make music.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH the blazed sage's Avatar

I don't think it's a question of Meth being lazy, because the man works. Pay him for a role and he will act, set up a tour and he'll perform at every booked venue. But no one is paying him to spit. Making an album takes a long time, especially when you're striving to make a classic life Mef is. During that long time making the album you're not receiving an income. You take loans from the label that you have to pay back after release. No one is saying, make this album and you'll make all this money. He may actually lose money if he puts out a solo. That's something he has to initiate himself and obviously he's not the proactive type. He'll generally only spit if it's on a collaborative project where all he has to do is rhyme/record and not worry about the sound, beats, A&R etc. That's why Redman controls everything for the Red/Meth albums. Ghost controlled everything for Massacre. RZA/WU handled everything for 8D. I'm sure weed doesn't help, but he's obviously just not inspired to write. He has stated in the past just how he hard it is for him to write a verse, hoe he busts his brain for hours coming up with a rhyme. I'm not holding it against him as a fan. I also agree to a certain extent with the person who posted that Tical 0 was too harsh a blow to come back from. It was. I was a HUGE Meth fan at the time, and anticipation for the The Prequel was through the roof. When the single What's Happening dropped a few months before the album I was certain Meth had a classic on his hands. It had been 5 + years since T2000 and Blackout! and his only saving grace was How High in 2001. 5 years he worked on that album. Then I heard the leak. Dope RZA intro and shit went downhill quick. The album has maybe 4 (single, Motto, Show, Turn) tracks I think are really good, the rest is mediocre or straight garbage. All this wait and this was the result? "Who stay Lo like Jennifer, won't see me a lot but when you see Vivica tell her she a Fox"? Really? These type of lines and garbage beats, hooks, collabos turned me and so many of his fanbase off. But I still held hope he would redeem himself. And he did, quickly. Only 2 years later. He upped his lyrical output and beat selection on 4:21 and it was obvious that that was a focused effort. That album was a step in the right direction and is actually a very solid album. But not solid enough to recover from T0. That's a tough blow. He sounds incredible on 8D & BO2. He blew me away with his verse on Stella as of late. The man has the talent, but his overbearing responsibilities, penchant for smoking a fuckton of weed and maybe his ego does not motivate him to focus on his career as an artist. Crystal Meth should have dropped summer 2010, after Wu-Massacre. I think he had momentum then and could have done something with the album. It'll be 7+ years since 4:21 once he drops Crystal Meth. That's a new record for time between solo albums for a Wu artist. U-God held the title for 6 years between Mr.X and Redemption, along with Masta Killa. Rae was close to 6 years between lex Diamond and II, but at least he put out mix tapes that satisfied fans. Now Meth will hold the title for longest gap between solo albums. It sucks because he displayed the most talent in the beginning of Wu, and I think he wasted his talent on by not properly managing his career. His lyrics are as strong as ever, it's just the output is slow as fuck. Must be the weed. Rae smokes a lot, too, but he manages to release material every year. Some of the tracks on the Vatican mixtapes are better than the studio cuts. You guys should listen to the combat jack show interview rae recently did. He mentioned something about having the right people around him, young people. Same with Ghost, he had Trife around and that helped him get a second wind back in '04. Rae and Ghost really are the only 2 keeping that W alive as far as the music is concerned.

It's awe-inspiring to see Rae constantly rhyming taking his pen game as serious as life itself He puts in the work and it shows. Same goes for Ghost. Look at RZA's work ethic, it's so strong and focused he's directing motherfuckin motion pictures. Iron Fists may have not been a great flick, it was butchered by the studio in post, but at least it didn't flop at the box-ffice and that solidified his career as a Hollywood director. He will be directing Hollywood films until the day he retires.

The entire clan are incredible MC's. Every last one of them have spit classic bars, every last one of them has spit classic bars recently, and they are all capable of spitting classic bars in the foreseeable future. They're all in their 40's. GZA is turning 47 this year. Age never bothered me, as long as they don't show their age on the mic and keep it witty unpredictable I'll keep listening. So people saying Meth isn't putting out solos because he's lazy isn't 100% accurate. I think it ultimately comes down to that C.R.E.A.M. and putting out a solo just isn't where it's at.