Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Suggest me some good mindfuck films

^lolz I've seen that ish some years ago. Was fuc'n rad. Don't remember it super well, but I remember the story n the general brutality of it, lolz. Will have to watch again some thyme. Thanks for the reminder.

Might've already been mentioned here, but the god mister yo put me onto the film 'ex machina' recently. That's a bit of a mind fuck film n def a fucked up story, n an overall fuc'n good film.

I got it from my bro years ago. He gives me hundreds of movies he dl's from torrent sites. If u can't find it anywhere I could try uploading it. Dunno exactly how u share files that size, but could prob do it on soulseek.

I remember that being good. Totally forgot Fassbender was in it, he's a great actor.

Melancholia
    i don’t know how this dude Lars von tier does it, how he can turn a seemingly innocent scenario into a downhill depression of a movie. Dude is genius at what he does man..

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    Melancholia
    i don’t know how this dude Lars von tier does it, how he can turn a seemingly innocent scenario into a downhill depression of a movie. Dude is genius at what he does man..
    Yeah, its a unique take on an 'end of the world' movie. Infinitely more interesting and honest.

I saw 'Audition' last night. A masterpiece, but truly grim and disturbing.

Have you seen 'Under The Skin'? That's one of my favorite movies of all time. Scarlett Johansson plays a thing from another planet preying on horny men. The concept doesn't sound serious, but its truly one of the most remarkable films I've ever seen. For me the best movies are ones like this that I can rewatch multiple times, because they make me think about something different each time.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Yeah, its a unique take on an 'end of the world' movie. Infinitely more interesting and honest.

I saw 'Audition' last night. A masterpiece, but truly grim and disturbing.

Have you seen 'Under The Skin'? That's one of my favorite movies of all time. Scarlett Johansson plays a thing from another planet preying on horny men. The concept doesn't sound serious, but its truly one of the most remarkable films I've ever seen. For me the best movies are ones like this that I can rewatch multiple times, because they make me think about something different each time.
    i actually have under the skin in one of my usb thingys, i heard its pretty sick, prolly will peep it this weekend

Shaolin Master

I'm not sure if anyone else has recommended the work of Chilean filmmaker Alejandro Jodorowsky.
    El Topo and The Holy Mountain are visual head-fucks. It's like seeing a Goya come to life on screen.
    The former is a weird western, whilst the latter is his take on a religious epic.
    He was going to do Dune back in the late 70s, before Lynch did it a few years later.

On Netflix, check out a German tv series called Dark; a really atmospheric, mind-bending take on time travel and its implications.

Obviously watching these baked is highly recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrandir View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone else has recommended the work of Chilean filmmaker Alejandro Jodorowsky.
    El Topo and The Holy Mountain are visual head-fucks. It's like seeing a Goya come to life on screen.
    The former is a weird western, whilst the latter is his take on a religious epic.
    He was going to do Dune back in the late 70s, before Lynch did it a few years later.

On Netflix, check out a German tv series called Dark; a really atmospheric, mind-bending take on time travel and its implications.

Obviously watching these baked is highly recommended!
    Those Jodorowsky flicks have been on my list, gotta get em. Did you know Denis Villeneuve (Sicario, Blade Runner 2049, Arrival) is remaking Dune? Judging by his previous work, its going to be dope.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Those Jodorowsky flicks have been on my list, gotta get em. Did you know Denis Villeneuve (Sicario, Blade Runner 2049, Arrival) is remaking Dune? Judging by his previous work, its going to be dope.
    Yeah. Can't wait for that. I was deep into Frank Herbert's book. It's my most anticipated film for next year. Amazing cast too. As per the films you have listed above, Villeneuve 's quality of work speaks for itself. In this day and age, I cannot think of a better director to helm this project. I will be really surprised if this turns out to be a dud.
    Last edited by Mythrandir; 08-07-2019 at 11:52 AM.

I watched southbound n melancholia recently. Southbound was really cool, but I detested melancholia. I can't deal with movies that try really hard to b strange. I was playing electric guitar with my headphones partially over my ears during it, but for the last hour or so I had them fully over my ears n wasn't even listening to the movie anymore, lolz.

I tried rec 2 last night (seen the original 15 odd years ago), but my stupid fucking file which has 'English subs' in the title doesn't actually have subs. Fuc'n.

I wanna check out that Scarlett Johansson movie n those foreign ones if I can find them.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I was playing electric guitar with my headphones partially over my ears during it, but for the last hour or so I had them fully over my ears n wasn't even listening to the movie anymore, lolz.
    Lol why would you be playing guitar while watching a movie? Not being funny but it seems obvious that you're not going to invest as much in a movie if you're distracting yourself at the same time.

This is a site where you can download subtitles: https://subscene.com/

I play instruments whenever I watch anything on TV. As long as I have the volume up loud enough to hear it properly I can control how much of a distraction it is. If I'm interested in what's on the screen then I'll pay full attention to it while I play. If I'm not interested then I'll concentrate more on what I'm playing.

I've been doing this for almost 10 years.

Cheers for the subtitles thing.