Thread: My group, album and song of the year

Default My group, album and song of the year

Musically, 2012 experienced quite a revolution in terms of quality output versus the past few years, with the exception of course hip-hop, which had a tragically bad year. Rock, Country and Pop all saw a resurgence in output, but the alternative category dominated them all, as advertisements, movies and TV shows were flooded with the latest chart topping alternative hits. Mumford and Sons, Florence and the Machine, Muse and .fun were everywhere, but it was a little known trio from Denver Colorado that made the biggest splash. Their first official single from their self titled album dropped in June, after being previewed in an episode of Heart of Dixie in December '11 with much buzz, and suddenly it was everywhere. From Bones, to Silver Linings Playbook, or Blue Moon beer commercials, you couldn't avoid it. And really why would you want to? The simplicity and catchiness of their music is unmistakable. Like they say themselves, "We’re not reinventing the wheel or doing anything that different, the songs are super simple. The ideas themselves are very simple ideas. Anyone who can play an instrument can play a Lumineers song. I think there’s a certain cinematic aspect of our music that I really like."

Their second official single and the second song they played on MTV, "Stubborn Love"

"It's better to feel pain, than nothing at all/ The opposite of love's indifference."

^^^the album is loaded with ridiculously good shit like this

^^^This didn't make the album. That's how good it is.

sounds like old modest mouse...i hate this type of music

This video is utter brilliance.