Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface: Interview - Confirms Supreme Clientele 2 & DoomStarks LPs For 2013

IronSheik

Default Ghostface: Interview - Confirms Supreme Clientele 2 & DoomStarks LPs For 2013

deepest Ghost interview i ever seen but lol if he thinks he's gonna drop 3 albums plus the 20th anniversary group album in one year!

"Blue & Cream. Hopefully this summer, hopefully this summer. Maybe like August or something like that," he said. "I'm going to try for August, September or maybe July, but I think August might sound more reasonable if i can do it. I shouldn't set it, because sometimes when I say a date, it don't ever [stick]. But I gotta put it out because I've been sitting in it going on three years."

Additionally, he confirmed that his collaborative LP with MF DOOM will finally get released this year. He said that fans sould anticipate the album dropping around Halloween, and will satiate fans in the meantime with his Adrian Younge collaborative project Twelve Reasons to Die, dropping April 16th.

"I got the MF DOOM project coming. I think we're going to probably drop that around Halloween," he said. "I got the shit I just did for RZA, Twelve Reasons to Die, that's coming in April. ... It's a whole fucking movie but it's an album from beginning to end. It's different, though."

As for the storied Wu-Tang Clan reunion LP, Pretty Tony said that the crew has been in talks to record another album but that there are no solid plans set in stone. He said that RZA hopes to get true musicians to craft beats for the project and that it will stray from the sample-based sounds of albums past.

"They talkin' about it. I would love for it to happen," he said." I talked to RZA. RZA wants to do it and he said he was getting these other beats from real magicians, not nobody just making it in a beat machine. He wants to go a different route because it's the 20th anniversary. Like a real album, album, album, album, album, with real, real music. Not just samples and a bunch of shit. Just real magicians playing shit. ... You know, we've been having a lot of - not saying bad luck, but just a lot of disagreements. That's why a lot of times, you don't really hear too many new records. Hopefully this shit, we can get through that and just give it to the people and see what's up. But it gotta be right, though. If it's not right, I apologize."
    Last edited by IronSheik; 02-19-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IronSheik View Post
    Additionally, he confirmed that his collaborative LP with MF DOOM will finally get released this year.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

hahaha at the part about him quitting smoking weed
    Non Ignorants

RIP

wasn't he just with doom at the cannabis cup in amsterdam?

rzas an idiot. the last album failed because nobody wanted 'real' musicians on it.

he just pisses me off too much. make a real wu tang album like forever with some samples and random shit. its like he thinks throwing a bunch of guitarists on your record is mind blowing and is gonna change music. you fucking dork rza. its not the formula for making a good hip hop record. it never has been and it never will be.

nothing wrong with real instruments, but its this thing of rzas like he has to do it that way now with guitarists and a fucking orchestra. its contrived fucking bullshit. wu-tang fans want a wu-tang album not a rza masturbation session caught on tape.

Banned

today's teens: "Eww gross! he's talking about God. where's my odd future record?"

smh

So Rza wants to copy what the ROOTS do with there boring put me to sleep cheese. & stray away from the sample-based sounds of classic albums past.

Did this motherfucker get abducted by aliens & get replaced by a hearing impaired robot?

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Gun Funk View Post
    rzas an idiot. the last album failed because nobody wanted 'real' musicians on it.

he just pisses me off too much. make a real wu tang album like forever with some samples and random shit. its like he thinks throwing a bunch of guitarists on your record is mind blowing and is gonna change music. you fucking dork rza. its not the formula for making a good hip hop record. it never has been and it never will be.

nothing wrong with real instruments, but its this thing of rzas like he has to do it that way now with guitarists and a fucking orchestra. its contrived fucking bullshit. wu-tang fans want a wu-tang album not a rza masturbation session caught on tape.
    I liked 8 Diagrams...yet you do have a point lol.

Would you be mad if the beats for the next Wu album were like the ones on Iron Fist OST?

Digi Snax was wack, but I liked Iron Fist Soundtrack quite a bit

I think y'all should hold off on condemning these beats until you hear some music from the new album. I know it's hard to comprehend, but every sample that RZA has ever flipped or you wish he would flip, was at some point created by an actual real musician playing a real instrument in a real studio... So saying that real musicians have no place in rap music is a joke... It's just a matter of whether or not the music that the musicians are recording is something that sounds as dope as something that you might find on an old record. That's the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFast View Post
    I think y'all should hold off on condemning these beats until you hear some music from the new album. I know it's hard to comprehend, but every sample that RZA has ever flipped or you wish he would flip, was at some point created by an actual real musician playing a real instrument in a real studio... So saying that real musicians have no place in rap music is a joke... It's just a matter of whether or not the music that the musicians are recording is something that sounds as dope as something that you might find on an old record. That's the challenge.
    Yeah like i said live music is fine, but rza is going into this project like hes too good to do sampling and its fucking wu-tang! Rza is the picasso of sampling and he wants to do a gay media installation instead of painting.

By 'i have ears for good beats' or whatever, he meant to say that he wants to be an executive producer of this project like on every previous Wu album excluding 8D.

Looks and acts way more mature than Method Man. Ghost is that dude.

Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    today's teens: "Eww gross! he's talking about God. where's my odd future record?"

smh

LOL .

Ghostface interviews are always great to watch.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

it's funny how he's become so pious and spiritual while his music has gotten more and more violent....most of his newer material features intricate descriptions of killin somebody

also was interesting to note how he described the Adrian Younge project as that joint he did "for Rza"

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

I never knew Ghost settled his beef with Biggie the day before he died.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -