Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: the official Fallout 4 thread

Doesn't surprise me, PC elitists!

lmao yea

fallout3 is easily the greatest fallout game ever

Banned

Lmao Jasper hating on fallout 3 then named Sleeping Dogs as a favourite game

Fallout 3 is the best game of the 21st century
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Lmao Jasper hating on fallout 3 then named Sleeping Dogs as a favourite game

Fallout 3 is the best game of the 21st century
    I never said Sleeping Dogs was my favourite game. Ever. I said it's a really fun game. Which it is.

I don't hate Fallout 3 as much as you guys might think, but it's a pretty mediocre game. At best. There's just so much wrong with it. These two pictures pretty much sum up all that is wrong with Fallout 3...

Also, you guys play Fallout 3 on console? What the heck is wrong with you. It runs like crap on consoles, especially PS3. It freezes all the time and if your savefile gets too big it gets corrupted and you have to start all over again. And you can't mod the game. Same with Skyrim or any other Gamebryo game. They never even tried to fix it and to this day there's no patch for the freezing problem.

So there you go.

Also, best game this century is Dragon Quest 8.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Lmao not the pencil neck pimple faced tard created screenshots again!!!

Who gives a heck who made that. Doesn't make it any less true.

Bethesda could make a glitchless,plotless fallout and those so called "experts" woukd find something.to discredit it loll

But they didn't.

fallout 3 is better than the sum of its parts. I could read one bad review about any game. you don't sell 5 million units of a shitty game especially with no multiplayer. my biggest gripe was no aiming down the sights, otherwise one of the best games of all time

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
    I never said Sleeping Dogs was my favourite game. Ever. I said it's a really fun game. Which it is.

I don't hate Fallout 3 as much as you guys might think, but it's a pretty mediocre game. At best. There's just so much wrong with it. These two pictures pretty much sum up all that is wrong with Fallout 3...

Also, you guys play Fallout 3 on console? What the heck is wrong with you. It runs like crap on consoles, especially PS3. It freezes all the time and if your savefile gets too big it gets corrupted and you have to start all over again. And you can't mod the game. Same with Skyrim or any other Gamebryo game. They never even tried to fix it and to this day there's no patch for the freezing problem.

So there you go.

Also, best game this century is Dragon Quest 8.
    I know it's not your favourite game ever but c'mon Sleeping Dogs was alright but the combat was straight up the exact same as the Arkham Asylum games and the open world city doing crime things has been done to death and done much better than SD. To me the only positive it has was it was set in a unique city and culture.

Can't and won't defend Bethesda against all of the glitches and shit you're right on that point. I never played New Vegas because of it. I put a lot of hours in to Skyrim but I thought it was mad overrated at the same time. Same caves to clear out, same voice actors everywhere, same animations, same terrain, same type of quests. I thought Dark Souls smashed the shit out of Skyrim in terms of environment, atmosphere and setting. No two places were alike in a small area compared to Skyrim. Also the opening to Skyrim was so fucking bad. An open world RPG and I spend the first 20-30 minutes restricted in what I can do lol another area Dark Souls kicked it in oh and the combat sucked so badly lol

FO3 freezed a bit for me but honestly it ran fine for me other than that. I would play these games on PC but I just can't afford/know how to build a good enough PC to get the most out of it so I deal with what I can.
    Last edited by The Hound; 07-12-2014 at 02:34 AM.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
    Also, you guys play Fallout 3 on console? What the heck is wrong with you. It runs like crap on consoles, especially PS3. It freezes all the time and if your savefile gets too big it gets corrupted and you have to start all over again.
    I got both the Fallout games after they had been out a while for the 360. I'd heard they were full of glitches but everything had been patched by the time I got them. I've put in over 100+ hours each on both New Vegas and Fallout 3 and have honestly had them freeze on me just a handful of times in all that time. No corrupted save files or anything like that, just had to restart from my last save. It shouldn't happen but so long as you save regularly it's a non issue for me when the games are so good

Banned

Yeah I got the bullshit edition of Fallout 3 with all of the DLC on 360 as well so I didn't get the freeze issues and corruption and stuff either. I save regularly in RPG's so it's no big deal for me to save and keep multiple saves of a playthrough.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Yeah, saving regularly is definitely the key lol. You should check out the goty version of New Vegas as well then if you haven't played it. Played smoothly for me and even though I love both of them I did prefer New Vegas out of the 2

fallout 3 is fucking classick! fuck haters. but u MUST play it with all DLC's installed. lovew NEW VEGAS, few months ago started new fresh run, with all DLC's on my pirate xbox. love it, found out so many DOPE SHIT witch i missed in first run. great game. love fallout series from back n the day, still remember fallout 1 & 2. classick.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    I know it's not your favourite game ever but c'mon Sleeping Dogs was alright but the combat was straight up the exact same as the Arkham Asylum games and the open world city doing crime things has been done to death and done much better than SD. To me the only positive it has was it was set in a unique city and culture.

Can't and won't defend Bethesda against all of the glitches and shit you're right on that point. I never played New Vegas because of it. I put a lot of hours in to Skyrim but I thought it was mad overrated at the same time. Same caves to clear out, same voice actors everywhere, same animations, same terrain, same type of quests. I thought Dark Souls smashed the shit out of Skyrim in terms of environment, atmosphere and setting. No two places were alike in a small area compared to Skyrim. Also the opening to Skyrim was so fucking bad. An open world RPG and I spend the first 20-30 minutes restricted in what I can do lol another area Dark Souls kicked it in oh and the combat sucked so badly lol

FO3 freezed a bit for me but honestly it ran fine for me other than that. I would play these games on PC but I just can't afford/know how to build a good enough PC to get the most out of it so I deal with what I can.
    I also never said Sleeping Dogs is the most original game. It's more or less based on True Crime (same dev), so if anything Arkham Asylum ripped it's combat from True Crime. Sleeping Dogs is a fun game and the story is pretty cool too.

And yeah Skyrim is a piece of shit. Pretty much most of the quest are fetch quest where you get sent into a cave/dungeon where you have to left and right click at boring enemies. Mostly Draugrs. It's a boring and tedious game and the boring landscape doesn't help much. Also the towns/cities are all really small. Even with the shitty Oblivion Gates, Oblivion was a much more enjoyable game.

Also, I have to take back what I said about the freezing issues with Bethesda game on consoles, this only goes for PS3, not Xbox 360. It has it fair share of performance issues and game breaking glitches on both consoles, so they're still best played on PC. Plus Bethesda games have a large modding community making even Fallout 3 a decent game. Didn't really work out that well for Skyrim, can't polish a turd I suppose.

One thing I don't understand is why you guys praise Fallout 3 so much, but don't talk about New Vegas that way. When NV is obviously the better game;

It has double the amount of quests and more importantly, the quests are mostly story related or affect the plot outcome

Twice as many guns, which can be modded

There are 15 factions, where FO3 only has 2

Pretty much every location on the map is important to the story

NV has more interesting characters in my opinion (House, Benny, Raul, Christine, Joshua Graham)

Also Hardcore Mode and minigames

New Vegas is objectively better than FO3. Cope with it.