4 30.77%
  • Decent

2 15.38%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Wack

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Psychic World of Walter Reed (The official, non-official but better) thread

Salute

Great use of cello. I think I get this song. He's forcing respect down their throats at the point of a gun. Whether a metaphor or not, that's pretty clever.

They Say

Hells fuckin' yea.

This is official. Everything. Beat. Lyrics. Mixing. Hook. Everything.

This is five stars no doubt.

I feel like repeating it 10 times right now.

"My pen squeeze life, I'm simply nice."

HELLS FUCKIN' YEAH

They Say

I did it. I realized I didn't really say anything there^^^

What you have is an orchestrated background that is breezy on the melody and splashes on the hook. It is topped by an absolutely addicting piano loop. But the absolute best is the backmasked bridges that still manage to complete the melody. The production is otherworldly. It is simple yet complex, but never distracts from KP's utter dominance on the mic. Brilliant track.

The Elders gave us Aura

Excellent transition. Short but sweet soul track backs perfectly the mood of They Say.

The Seer, The Poet

Ugh. Terrible intro. Terrible beat. Messy. KP sounds weird here, and not in a good way. Like sick or something. Boing boing boing, that's all I can concentrate on. Distracting. It's really too bad because KP is really ripping it on verse two. This is filler.

peace brock i need a link >> pm plz

Currents of Events

Ok. Good rebound. Great vivid storytelling once again by KP. It is yet another Gothic tune with a pipe organ this time and echoed chorus. Only gripe, Killah Priest does not do a good girl voice.

Energy Work

This is clearly one of those experimental Bobby Digital lab tracks. I'm through with this style, and wished it had stayed dead. This is like some jazz-rap fusion on a Casio Keyboard.

'

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    Currents of Events

Ok. Good rebound. Great vivid storytelling once again by KP. It is yet another Gothic tune with a pipe organ this time and echoed chorus. Only gripe, Killah Priest does not do a good girl voice.
    LOL his attempt of sounding like some butch with a sore throat.. Track made me laugh a little too hard.

THE PWOWR (Problem Solver)

Heavy Mental without the didjeridus.

The Black Market

The title refers to how the powers that be manipulate, not just currencies, but all structures within civilized society. The beat is jazz piano tuned up over buzzing bass. A hint of accordion also resides. Cool cut.

Le Maître de la Vie Gitche Manito's Avatar

This is absolutely awesome. Been a while since I had so much fun listenning to a rap album.
    Comme les anges à l'œil fauve
    Je reviendrai dans ton alcôve
    Et vers toi glisserai sans bruit
    Comme les ombres de la nuit.

L Thianine

^^^Title meaning?

Harps, bells, a single repeating piano note, chorus, wind chimes, Toucan? Lot's going on here. Very feminine.

Tonite We Ride

He's busting out the crazy instruments now. Harpsichord. Off key hook detracts from an otherwise interesting song. Who's that on the end? Sounds like George Clinton.

Tower (The Visitor)

KP is virtually drowned out by the horns and backing ambiance. I want to like this song, but I honestly can't hear anything he's saying.