4 30.77%
  • Decent

2 15.38%
  • Boring

0 0%
  • Wack

0 0%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Psychic World of Walter Reed (The official, non-official but better) thread

Fortune Teller

Freestyle piano is a highlight. Killah Priest's lyrics are the other. Very solid offering.

Think Priest (Good Thoughts)

Hollow echoes and an elegant piano riff highlight this five star melody, but once again, I wish KP was more audible on the verses. Great track though. Excellent hook.

Golden Calf

The baby grand piano is playing a huge part on this second disc. Once again it drives the melody, which thankfully doesn't bury KP vocals this time. The percussion stands out, because frankly, much of this is starting to run together at this point. Where disc one was more spacey, this is bathed in classical music.

Fire Stone

Even though the similarities are there, you can hear disc two coming together with every track. It really makes me think that this was intended to be two different albums. Great use of contrasting high and low piano notes, and voice samples.

Mentalude (Just my thoughts)

Heavy Mental with a Bamboo flute.

Lord Marduk

Shades of 4th Chamber. There is a bit of a heavy metal crossover attempted here. Pretty different than anything else on the disc thus far. Don't know who the African rapper is on the end, but he rips it.

Music of the Spheres

We've officially gotten spacey again. Odd skipping beat, kind of reminds me of the joke beat Meth made on Stung. Ludacris rode that, and wouldn't ya know it, KP rides this. Sign of a great rapper.

Anakim Dreams

Pretty repetitive, with a completely unnecessary monologue ending by KP.

How I Write

Another visually stimulating effort by KP. The mandolin is a nice touch. There are familiar elements in the backing track, particularly the electric piano, which is a staple sound of KP since Heavy Mental.

Wubian Nation

Interesting percussion. It's nice to hear a guest after what has been essentially a whole album with just KP.

The Document.

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

This jazzy dirty offering, uses bongos, horns and bells to give that Streets of San Francisco feel. KP drops another story worthy of it's own movie script.

Listen to Me

Nostalgic track is driven by KP's lyrical proficiency. The repetitive beat is utterly forgettable.

Lotus Flower

The beat starts out deconstructed and builds which seems great on the early parts of the verses, but builds so much that by the ends of the verses KP is once again drowned out. I'm guessing I will have to turn the treble way down on this album the next time I listen to it.

The Question

I have a question. What the hell is this?

Love is Life

Breezy existential track, is calming, like coming down from a crazy acid trip. I kinda wish it were the closer.