Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GFK/Adrian Younge "12 Reasons..." / Soul Temple update

Default GFK/Adrian Younge "12 Reasons..." / Soul Temple update

Next week Soul Temple will be releasing a second track from the Twelve Reasons To Die album. The song is called "The Sure Shot [parts 1 and 2]". At the same time, the USA tour dates will be announced. Ghostface will be performing live with Adrian Younge and his band, Venice Dawn. This tour will hit over 40 cities beginning in Austin TX at SXSW on March 14th.

A video for "The Rise of the Ghostface Killah" (directed by Adrian Younge) has been shot. The video will be released in mid-March.

Detroit-based producer Apollo Brown has created an alternate version of the entire album for Soul Temple, which will be released exclusively on Cassette tape. For those of you that are yearning for that dusty, 90s ASR boom-bap, "the Brown Tape" will be ESSENTIAL. These cassettes are promo-only. They will be given away with the purchase of the album at over 200 independent record shops across the US. We will be releasing a list of the stores that are offering the cassettes shortly.

The tape will also be included with purchase if you order from: http://soultemplemusic.bandcamp.com/...reasons-to-die

We have created a several new product offers for the Ghostface album, including the Instrumental vinyl and a Twelve Reason To Die T-Shirt. Please check them out.

For those of you that got caught up with us in the insane delays for the Man With The Iron Fists vinyl-- We FINALLY today received our re-stock on the vinyl and are now shipping out all outstanding orders. We will be including a gift certificate with these shipments that you can use for another purchase from Soul Temple to try to take the edge off making you wait so long for your order.

We now realize that we were taking more than we could handle with our small staff and have hired an outside service to handle our mail order shipments going forward. We don't anticipate any issues with shipments of the RZA compilation or the Ghostface project with this new team in place.

Thanks for your support!

Apollo Brown has created an alternate version of the entire album for Soul Temple,

Apollo Brown is the most repetitive producer. I really liked his production on Gas Mask, but it's so predictable in a bad way. I do like the fact he makes boombap, that's something what's missing in these days. The album will probably be good, but I don't think it's going to be as good as Younge's version.

Is it a good idea to release another track? The album is short (12 tracks if I remember correctly) and we already know The Rise of Ghostface Killah.

Veteran Member

Apollo Brown & Ghostface? Sounds like it fits

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFast View Post

Detroit-based producer Apollo Brown has created an alternate version of the entire album

ghost WINS

Wu-Tang Martial Expert

Apollo Brown is overrated.......he's like a poor man's 9th Wonder or DJ Premier......all his beats and drums sound the same and very repetitive.....kinda like 9th in the early days of his career where all he used was Fruity Loops to make his simple beats.....
    "A SPACE KNIGHT LIKE ROM, CONSUME PLANETS LIKE UNICRON, BLASTIN' PHOTON BOMBS FROM THE ARM LIKE GALVATRON......"

Banned

I just want to know how I'm going to be able to listen to Apollo Brown's version on a cassette

Veteran Member

Apollo's sounds on Trophies/Dice Game are pretty different. Although there's more evidence of him sampling more of Bronze's soul records on Dice.

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

TROPHIES WAS A SNOOZEFEST, DICE GAME SHOWS HES GOTTEN BETTEr

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

i'm definitely gonna have to hit up that SXSW show on the 14th, sounds ill

but man...i grew tired of Apollo Brown's work a while ago, dude is formulaic as fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron97 View Post
    Apollo Brown is overrated.......he's like a poor man's 9th Wonder or DJ Premier......all his beats and drums sound the same and very repetitive.....kinda like 9th in the early days of his career where all he used was Fruity Loops to make his simple beats.....

Someone who understands

Cilvaring's Father deezGlazedTonsils1981's Avatar

The Apollo brown hate in here is pathetic smh

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz1981 View Post
    The Apollo brown hate in here is pathetic smh
    angry bronze nazereth fans

apollo brown >>> bronze naz

the only bronze naz fans on the planet post here and they really love the guy

im looking forward to this remix album more than any bronze naz project cuz bronze naz is a one dimensional hack cooking beats for rejects

I preordered yesterday. I need that tape in my cassette collection.

I plan on getting all the comics from this series too.

12 Reasons To Die goodies > Get On Down Ironman reissue

Veteran Member

Was not sure about Apollo but his last release 'Dice Game' was sounding gutter

Perfect sound for Ghost

You can hear 'Dice Game' whole album here

http://www.youtube.com/user/ApolloBr...?feature=watch

How can you say Apollo got wack beats