Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Killah Priest Interview with HipHopGame .. (talks about the Cilvaringz Beef)

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee3 View Post
    I think chambermusic got that Rza cease and desist letter at the same time dlah and them.

Yeah. All official wu tang webpages has been criminaly undermanaged.
    For real? Cease & Desist? That seems a bit much. They could stop using the logo, but to stop all their operations. I do remember the logo featuring on many op the albums and mixtapes, and reading in an interview with Priest Or Uey that RZA or Divine charges for the use of the logo on covers. Always was under the impression that they were not paying for that. But that it was sort of tolerated.

A factor in those official websites being undermanaged, could the be the fact that it costs money and they are not willing to invest. Just look how they flocked to MySpace. Even Digi Snacks has a MySpace website on the back. Always thought of that as a poor decision with no long term vision. (Plus the design was horrible, even for the time. But respect to Tom though.)
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

TBH the turn this thread took confuses me. The Chambermusik website is still up and running, posting new content (audio archive footage, singles, vids) and selling music, including Wu affiliates. Its forum section on the other hand was already closed many many years ago.
    Retired.

I could have sworn the website was dead recently.

Hal, this thread was started almost 10 years ago. So yeah, could be confusing. Only thing is, this thread derailed within the first pages.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    pffft, these guys are children, always squabbling over ridiculous shit. same goes for most clan members.

it's a damn shame rza and divine are taking this place over - say what you want about Cilva but i don't remember him ever censoring anything negative i or others had to say about him. On top of that, he's never spammed the forum trying to promote his album or any of that shit. You can be sure if Divine is involved this forum will just become a bullshit promotional device for shitty wu side projects.
    the comment about rza/divine getting involved in the ownership of this site might stem from this post i made originally. i can't remember the specifics (it's the kind of deep wu-tng corp lore that i've long since forgotten) but rza having more control of this site was mooted at the time. rza did have some ownership type arrangements here at various stages (again, it's difficult to actual remember what this entailed) but at some point cilva once again took over full control.

on topic, it was always surreal to me when members/affiliates mentioned this place by name... consider some of the ridiculous stuff that was posted here (this thread is as good an example as any) and it's hilarious to imagine them reading this. even funnier that they were getting emotional about things posted by most likely 14 year old dutch shut-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    the comment about rza/divine getting involved in the ownership of this site might stem from this post i made originally. i can't remember the specifics (it's the kind of deep wu-tng corp lore that i've long since forgotten) but rza having more control of this site was mooted at the time. rza did have some ownership type arrangements here at various stages (again, it's difficult to actual remember what this entailed) but at some point cilva once again took over full control.

on topic, it was always surreal to me when members/affiliates mentioned this place by name... consider some of the ridiculous stuff that was posted here (this thread is as good an example as any) and it's hilarious to imagine them reading this. even funnier that they were getting emotional about things posted by most likely 14 year old dutch shut-ins.
    Raekwon getting angry because Mark The Mayoya called his last album wack. hahaha

Eastern village

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    TBH the turn this thread took confuses me. The Chambermusik website is still up and running, posting new content (audio archive footage, singles, vids) and selling music, including Wu affiliates. Its forum section on the other hand was already closed many many years ago.
    Tbh I was really never into chamber music like that. Just havent heard anything about it since Rzas purge if i could use that word. Who was the owner by the way? And what happened to dreaddy kruger
    and babygrande records? Its been quiet since 2016.

It's owned by G-Clef Da Mad Komposa, the jazz artist and producer/member of the erstwhile group Soul Kid Klik who were only tangentially related to Wu, really in the smallest way, through a shared label with some Wu affiliates (I forget which ones). I also seem to remember GZA being involved in that label situation? This was before Chambermusik.

I have no info on Dreddy and Think Differently, no idea about the current status of that label.

GZA is I think still *technically* signed to Babygrande. Don't know about Uey.

Other people will be able to fill in the blanks.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    It's owned by G-Clef Da Mad Komposa, the jazz artist and producer/member of the erstwhile group Soul Kid Klik who were only tangentially related to Wu, really in the smallest way, through a shared label with some Wu affiliates (I forget which ones). I also seem to remember GZA being involved in that label situation? This was before Chambermusik.

I have no info on Dreddy and Think Differently, no idea about the current status of that label.

GZA is I think still *technically* signed to Babygrande. Don't know about Uey.

Other people will be able to fill in the blanks.
    I think it was around 2006 or something. Somehow people started beefing here. Main point of contention was the Cilvaringz Remedy situation and some affiliates calling this website fake, I think. This beef resulted into some people grabbing their bags, amongts the people behind Wu-Lyricz, and linking with G-Clef to start Chamber Musik. From there G-Clef took the reigns to start the label and platform and use his experience and network.

PRODIGAL SUN

Ringz was getting booked for shows my guy which is why he couldn't be contacted all of a sudden, I know why you really didn't diss him, you see that sword in his hand? lol, say no more and sharpen yours "lord"

I just closely listened to that Lord Marduk track. What an empty shell of a track.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    Raekwon getting angry because Mark The Mayoya called his last album wack. hahaha
    haha, that's right. there is something so fucking funny about stuff like that.