Thread: 2 Of The Temptations Recently Died And Bobbie Smith Of The Spinners Died

-

Default 2 Of The Temptations Recently Died And Bobbie Smith Of The Spinners Died

The 2 Temptations that recently died, their names are Damon Harris and Richard Street. Bobbie Smith of The Spinners that died was 76 years old. He had lung cancer. I read the news about this at another website. Damon of The Temptations took Eddie Kendricks place and he only lasted with the group from 1971-1975. He said he was devastated when he was told he wasn't needed anymore. He was the same age as my dad which is 62. The Temptations and The Spinners have so many hits and i wanna thank these brothers that died for the legendary music they did. I'm so glad i grew up in the 70's and 80's when so much good r&b music was out. R&B music now is trash and i feel bad for black kids now with the r&b they're listening to. I don't even think most black kids now listen to r&b LOL. Did ya'll see TV One's Unsung documentaries about The Temptations members Eddie Kendricks and David Ruffin? They're good.

Griselda Dinner Plates Brick Thunderbird's Avatar

Today's crop of talent isn't saying shit that I wanna hear. When I was a kid though I used to love bumping my uncles collection of old r&b records. I use to zone out to The Whispers lol. RIP to these cats. Not really familiar with much of the Spinners, but I liked the Temptations. That Temptations movie they play on VH1 all the time is the truth.
    "Return to earth as a person, only to see you mouse niggas running from the serpent" - Jus Allah

-

I love The Temptations movie. Leon who played David Ruffin had me laughing LOL.

-

Bobbie Smith of The Spinners sang lead on most of their hit songs like I'll Be Around, Could It Be I'm Falling In Love, Mighty Love, One Of A Kind Love Affair. Leon's David Ruffin character in The Temptations movie is funny. He had me laughing when he came on stage during their concert and he moved the guy that played Dennis Edwards out the way and sang Ain't Too Proud To Beg. When he came backstage after the show, the guy that played Otis said have you lost your damn mind? I will whip your ass LOL. Leon said he ain't me. He ain't no David Ruffin. Without David Ruffin, ya'll ain't nothing but some fake ass Temps LOL. You hear me? You fake imitation of David Ruffin LOL.

Another funny scene is when Leon goes to a crackhouse and he says to the drug dealer, front me a 50. The drug dealer said what i look like? A banker? LOL. Leon said my autograph gotta be worth at least a gram. Drug dealer said oh yeah? Who are you? LOL. Leon said i'm David Ruffin of The Temptations. Drug dealer said well i need cash my man, cash. Leon said here's two tickets to tonight's concert. Drug dealer said you gonna perform? Leon said that's right. Now lay some ice on me. Drug dealer said these tickets say the concert is Saturday. Leon said so. Drug dealer said but today is Sunday hahahahahahahahahahaha. Leon said it is? Drug dealer said yeah LOL. Leon said come on man, help me out. I'm a star LOL. Drug dealer said to another drug dealer, hey man show mr Ruffin the door LOL. Leon said wait a minute. Here's the keys for a brand new Lincoln towncar. I'll sign you over the pink slip. I was shaking my head because i couldn't believe he gave up his car for drugs. What a idiot.

Griselda Dinner Plates Brick Thunderbird's Avatar

Lol @ that crackhouse scene. That was some sad/funny shit.
    "Return to earth as a person, only to see you mouse niggas running from the serpent" - Jus Allah

-

LOL. Remember near the end of the movie when Leon died and he fell outta his car? LOL. I don't think David Ruffin died like that because i heard he died in a crackhouse in Philadelphia. You should check out the documentary TV One's Unsung did about him. It's on Youtube. He has a daughter that looks just like him. She wears big glasses like he did and she's ugly LOL.