Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Wu-Tang album "A Better Tomorrow" dropping in July

2013 marks the 20th anniversary of Wu-Tang Clans’ classic debut album Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) and now it also marks the iconic rap group’s first album since 2007′s 8 Diagrams, with Wu-Tang set to drop their new LP A Better Tomorrow in July.

In fact A Better Tomorrow is only Wu-Tang’s fourth studio record since the turn of the century and to support the release of A Better Tomorrow Wu-Tang have also announced two shows in the UK, the first taking place on 25th July at the O2 Apollo in Manchester and the second on 26th July at London’s O2 Academy Brixton.

The record’s title is taken from a song of the same name from Wu-Tang’s 1997 album Wu-Tang Forever. Before the announcement of what will be Wu-Tang’s 6th studio album, Wu-Tangian quasi-member Cappadonna told Radio.com about the group’s upcoming album:

“It’s all being done in the secret Wu-Tang Bat chamber. RZA has all the tracks lined up. There are recordings taking place in New York, L.A. and perhaps at the Wu mansion in New Jersey.

“A lot of the tracks are lined up and already there. We all have to get a date and go there and submit verses. At that time, he [RZA] may give you a topic or you might hear something going on already. That’s how he designs the songs.”

Last month Wu-Tang member Method Man informed fans, during a show in West Hollywood, that a 20th anniversary album was in the works. It was thought that perhaps a reissue of 36 Chambers was in works, which may still be the case, but for now Hiphop-N-More are reporting that A Better Tomorrow will be the release marking the 20th Anniversary, citing a press release.
    -in-july/[/url]
    Last edited by bernie mac; 04-13-2013 at 05:55 PM.

"Wu-Tang Bat Chamber." I literally laughed out loud.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    who in the Wu is from the Bronx?
    Deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Shallah Diamonds View Post
    Deck.
    Deck is from 160 park hill projects in Staten island. He grew up there along with Meth, Rae, Ugod & Cappadonna

No matter how good this is, people will be disappointed, I guarantee it.

Wu-Tang Martial Expert

Quote Originally Posted by KJR View Post
    No matter how good this is, people will be disappointed, I guarantee it.
    WRONG.

People, such as myself, will be disappointed if it is just some thrown together, un-cohesive album with cut and paste verses and no focus, kinda like 8 Diagrams was....

However, if it's like the first 2 albums, then most ppl will enjoy it.
    "A SPACE KNIGHT LIKE ROM, CONSUME PLANETS LIKE UNICRON, BLASTIN' PHOTON BOMBS FROM THE ARM LIKE GALVATRON......"

-

I won't be buying this. They'll never make a good group album again but they'll always be one of my favorite groups.

king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar

the title alone sounds extremely promising to me

gives the impression that they're gonna try to go out with the kind of eloquent positivity expressed in that original CLASSIC track from Forever....(assuming this is supposed to be their final album)

"tree of life more precious than rubies, gold, and gain
    the wise shall flourish, inherit halls of fame"

If it's like the first two albums, then yeah most people will like it. Not everyone liked Wu-Tang Forever when it came out though.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

If its as good as Iron Flag I'd be happy

Banned

iron flag is by far their worst album

anyway, as long as the beats are good, the album will be good

Cilva's album will still be better

I hope they don't "try" to recreate the vibe they had back then too hard though, or it'll sound like a bunch of old men way past their prime. They need to play it natural and just do what feels right. If they do some nice Kweli esque socially conscious stuff, that'd be kickass.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theheavens View Post
    iron flag is by far their worst album

anyway, as long as the beats are good, the album will be good

Cilva's album will still be better

no fucking way 8D is better! Iron Flag is loaded with bangers has maybe two weak tracks and no mention of Justin Timberlake

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberCinema View Post
    Deck is from 160 park hill projects in Staten island. He grew up there along with Meth, Rae, Ugod & Cappadonna
    I read somewhere (cant recall where though) that Deck originated from the Bronx and then relocated to Staten Island at a young age.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE RUCKUS View Post
    no fucking way 8D is better! Iron Flag is loaded with bangers has maybe two weak tracks and no mention of Justin Timberlake
    the beats on iron flag are weak. 8 diagrams isn't all that much better, but at least it's unique in a way. I've only given iron flag one full spin and don't intend to give it another one.

but I don't care about those two disappointments anymore. I just want the new album to be good, but I think they need other producers.

I don't trust RZA anymore. Black Mozart and New Wu off CL2 were bangers, but he had no beats on shaolin vs. wu-tang, and yet his own pupil gave Rae a dope ass beat (Silver Rings). he gave Wu-Massacre one decent beat (Our Dreams) and I think he had one mediocre beat on Pro Tools. and when was the last time he gave Ghost a beat, Pretty Toney Album??