Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it universally agreed that Windows 8 is horrible?

'

Usually when you specify how something is printed, its handled by windows' built in print management or 3rd party software.

Has nothing to do with paint or photoshop.

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Windows 8 is absolutely fucken horrible?

I can't believe how insanely awkward and impractical it is. It's atrocious. I've had it for a few weeks now and I don't hate it any less than I did the day I got it. Fucken Paint. It used to be the most basic, practical program imaginable. I used it all the time to chop up pictures and shit and it couldn't have been more straight forward. Now they have this fucken garbage called "Fresh Paint" which is an absolute abomination.

Plus it won't let me install my Photoshop program using the same file I've used to install it on every computer I've ever had. So I just straight up can't even cut up this photo I want to edit. What a fucking joke.

Human beings make me sick. It's a fucking disgrace how far backwards we're going in so many ways. The utter stupidity of it makes me sick to the stomach.
    I can't believe that after wasting half my morning I am actually gonna have to dig up my old heap of shit laptop which I had hoped to never even look at again, let alone use, and use the insanely frustrating heap of shit to edit and print a picture.

That's right. I am going back to my old computer so I can use PAINT. Because the modern version won't allow me to cut my picture. Or if it does have that option it's incredibly fucken difficult to figure it out. And Faststone doesn't seem to allow you to print a picture over more than one page. Or if it does it's incredibly fucken difficult to figure out. And my trusty old Photoshop file won't install on my new computer.

Good to see we're moving forward in a practical manner in the world of computers. Nice one Microsoft.
    It's not about that, dawg. It's about when I sit down to do something I find it extremely fucking difficult to give up on it without solving the problem. The more time I waste the harder it becomes for me to give up.

Cheers for that link, Robbie. Looks good. I also just dl'ed a program called "Paint.NET". Hopefully it's like the good ol' Paint.

Netbook was a complete fail. Wouldn't let me do what I wanted to do without installing a printer and wouldn't let me install my printer.

This is awesome. When I got out of bed this morning this is exactly how I'd hoped to spend my morning.
    I've got no idea, dude. I'm pretty much computer illiterate.

The problem with all these programs is that they don't seem to let you print anything over a few pages. With Paint it was so simple. I just went to page setup, and it had there in the most simple and logical way imaginable, the option to choose how many pages you wanted it to print over, the border sizes, the option to stretch it to fit a certain amount of pages or for it to print at it's actual dimensions over however many pages it took. That's all I want.
    Ok so I've done some research and here's what I'm gonna do now.

I'm gonna get that usb keyboard back from work and use it with my old heap of shit laptop so that I can use the only logical multiple page image printing program ever made, Paint.

What a fucking waste of a morning. Fuck Microsoft and death to everybody associated with them. Yes they did make the only logical multiple page image printing program ever, but then they ditched it for the most awkward, horrific program of all time. So death to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Swanson View Post
    Usually when you specify how something is printed, its handled by windows' built in print management or 3rd party software.

'

Could've been Geek Squad's moment to shine^

Lol wtf are you printing center folds or something?
    Basically, yeah. This is the picture I was working on this morning...

You don't need to tell me I'm a loser because I know all about it and obviously don't give a fuck. I have an exceedingly rich masturbation life which is entirely free of guilt or shame.

Yeah I started to figure that after I tried a few programs. That's why I gave up and went to get this keyboard which I am typing on now. Just another strike against Windows 8. Fucken garbage. I did at least have the sense to change my logon password so that it uses only keys which actually still work on my old laptop keyboard.

I am now finally printing my Nina Mercedez poster. I'm sure it'll fuck up on like the last page because unfortunately, though predictably, my printer is an absolute fucking pile of shit too.

So um, it turns out that Windows 8 actually has Paint on it somewhere. The good ol' paint with all the print options I use for my posters. Lord knows where the fuck you access it. I can't find the cunt. But this morning when I wanted to make my awesome new sig picture, I right clicked the original and went to "open with", and motherfuckin' Paint was listed there.

Now I just need to get Photoshop on this motherfucker and I'll be back to where I was on my old shit heap.

'

My new Retina Macbook Pro arrived today. Noel, you would commit suicide just from watching me set up my dev environment from a black terminal screen.

Its some slutty stuff

$1500+tax = HEAT can't afford it.

My new Retina Macbook Pro arrived today. Noel, you would commit suicide just from watching me set up my dev environment from a black terminal screen.
    Considering I don't even know what a "dev environment" is, yeah, I probably would.

awesome table

So I just tried to print a picture with Paint, enjoying the luxury of being able to adjust the size and pages and shit like I used to. But of course this horrible new Windows had to come up with something to fuck it up...You can't adjust the quality of the print. You can't adjust the colours. You can't adjust a fucking thing other than whether you want portrait or landscape, and whether you want A4 or letter size.

It is truly fucking incredible how backwards these ridiculously stupid fucks are going. It pisses me off beyond belief.

Time to get out the old heap of shit again. Nice one Microsoft.

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

Its some slutty stuff

$1500+tax = HEAT can't afford it.

ROBBY COULDNT AFFORD THE 15 INCH WITH 512 GB FLASH STORAGE
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Apple%26...&skuId=7808069

'

Quote Originally Posted by LIL B, DRAKE View Post

ROBBY COULDNT AFFORD THE 15 INCH WITH 512 GB FLASH STORAGE
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Apple%26...&skuId=7808069
    ^
    SMH

The extra storage is a rip off when you can just buy one of these:

Say it with me "Ter-a-bytes"

PS..

15inch in the background

PSS...

30" HD Cinema Display (work desk)

No more slut posters for the god. I just smashed my old heap of shit. Well I put in a usb plug the wrong way and it crashed and then wouldn't turn on again. I did the whole take the battery out and put it back in thing and it still just wouldn't even turn on. So I threw it across the room. And then I kicked it into the bathroom.

I did start printing my poster before all that happened. It froze halfway through the first page. I actually hurt my foot kicking the printer.

I was supposed to get a new printer when I got a new computer, but I forgot.

Another wasted afternoon and no new slut poster to show for it.

How were you able to put in a usb the wrong way? lol

Any suggestions for how I can get my printer to work properly with Windows faggot fucker 8? It's an old heap of shit. Epson CX3700. I actually still have the old disc that came with it, but it wouldn't install on Windows faggot fucker 8. I dl'ed some shit from here...

http://esupport.epson-europe.com/Pro...MbkiswOeT&tc=6

(EPSON EasyPrintModule (3.10) and Driver (5.93)), but that seemed to do sweet fuck all.

In Windows 7 when I printed I'd go to "preferences" and I'd be able to change all shit like the quality of the print and colour levels and shit. I don't have any of those options now. I printed a little pic before and it just printed it in really shit quality with all lines though it and shit. I used to print shit at the "best photo" quality.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    How were you able to put in a usb the wrong way? lol
    Well it didn't quite go in. Just pushed some shit in and caused the heap of shit to black out. I didn't have to force it or anything or I would have realised it was the wrong way. Must have been some loose shit in there.

My only regret is the millions of times I wanted to smash that heap of shit to pieces and held back, and then it dies on me without the satisfaction of getting to smash it to bits.