Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New XBOX console revealed may 21st

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinsword View Post
    MS really fucked this one up

The conference was boring as fuck and focused on being given the privilege to pay £300-£500 to watch TV but completely ignored that it would be US only at launch and requires extra hardware

They're also going to charge a fee to play used games because they're tied to the account. Wanna lend a friend a game? Fuck you. If you're stupid enough, or careless with money and decide to pay the fee what happens if the server(s) controlling that pass go down?

I was looking forward to a new console but everything I've read since the presentation just puts me off
    I agree the conference was horrible. If you want quality and quantity exclusives you have to go for the PS4. I had the 360 for Halo and Gears alone, but I'm not hyped up for the next Xbox. PS4 show was mindblowing compared to this one. No games, only exclusive dlc content for FIFA Sports and CoD? Really? More Kinect and more TV stuff, gamers want exclusives not a mediaserver. Also why didn't they explain the 8GB of RAM? Is it because it doesn't have GDDR5 (way better than current DDR3).

I actually don't mind the design, think it looks pretty good. Let's see what will happen at E3.

I didn't see the conference and judging from peoples reaction Im glad I didn't. It seems the conference was just about useless secondary shit with little to do with actual gaming.

Angry Joe's reaction:

If what he said about the used games fee and the installation requirement, then MS might as well put a gun to their heads and blast it off, no continues, no re-spawns.

EDIT:

Last edited by RagnaroK; 05-21-2013 at 10:36 PM.
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

Ahh they forgot the arm graphics and dirty fingernails

Oh yeah, according to Kotaku (not the most reliable site in the world but still) the xbox is required to be online at least once a day for it to function as intended
    Last edited by shaolinsword; 05-22-2013 at 12:09 AM.

yall missed the point. xbox is moving beyond gaming and becoming the first true ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM.

personally i use my xbox for movies music and gaming and if iexplorer was a lil bettter i would ditch my laptop altogether for entertainment and only use it for downloading, work and making music.

things that caught my attention...
    1. force feeback controllers. this is the next step from vibration. remember how much that enhanced gaming?

2. kinect. the level of detail in motion that the sensors will pic up will rival motion capture film. imagine your character totally mimicking your movements in a fighting game.
    also they mentioned using kinect with controller based games. most gamers make subconscious movements while playing. so it makes sense to be able to work those movemnts into the game. when i play COD i find myself ducking and leaning when the battle gets intense. imagine those ducks and leans made your char duck and lean.

3. SKYPE HD group chat. this is a biggie. being able to simultaneously vidchat while playing a game or watching tv or while browing web is huge and takes communication to the next level.

4. NFL/NBA partnership. basically xbox has turned watching pro sports into a gaming type experience. i dont do fantasy league but that seemed cool. i'm more interested in being able to pull up stats on screen. automatically track and save players highlights and access them on the fly. being able to switch broadcast cameras.

if you aren't watching sports on xbox themn you are gonna be missing out.

5. xboxlive community- i see potential in this taking social networking to a new level. -being able to cloud save any achievement then chat about it and post to other networks all on the fly.
    -300,000 servers worldwide
    - updated trending content minute by minute

*** cloud based games that change content based on user activity. MMORPG will be fucking amazing. imagine interacting with an object and that object has been altered for EVERYONE who plays the game. this will be key to making games like the 10year Bungie project work. (bungie says its next and only game will be updated and expanded for the next 10 years. and will be a system of planets to fight an interplanetary war on.)

6. EA games look damn near real life.

7. COD Ghosts will ruin my life. i can already tell. the intelligent environments. the detail. the story. the new moves. the customization of characters. the dog.

8. no loading screens.

lol not really impressed so far, hopefuly E3 showing will be better. Too many things I don't care about, will probably still get this over the PS4 but I won't be rushing out to buy one soon as it's released!

yeah i guess this product is geared for a diff market. personally i only buy about 3-5 games a year. so far i havent bought a single game. black ops 2 is the only game i play. literally.
    last year it was mw3, halo4, sf x tekken(returned it), battlefield 3(returned it), ghost recon(returned it)

for all i care they could just make COD games and i'd be satisfied. i'm more interested in the non-gaming features of xbox.

and i dont really buy or trade games but its not like somebody wont figure out a way around the used game fee.

i'm not really into the xbox vs ps beef either. i just like xbox better. kinda like mac it just feels right.

Quote Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
    yall missed the point. xbox is moving beyond gaming and becoming the first true ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM.
    I'm not saying the xbox is complete bullshit (just most of it) but the majority of buyers don't want an entertainment system, they want a console that is focused on games. That presentation made it seem like gaming had been pushed to the back of their priorities

I just think motion control is a massive gimmick that should've stayed on the Wii (yes, I know it was first used on the PS2) so Kinect doesn't bother me in the slightest and the fact that its required to use your xbox just makes things worse

The force feedback triggers do sound interesting but you can't really make a judgement on that until you get hands on with it

NFL/NBA partnership is impressive but what about the rest of the world that don't pay attention to those two? Is there going to be a partnership with Premier League/Bundesliga etc?

Showing achievements on social networks isn't new, Sony have been pissing everybody off with that for quite a while

Wasn't that constantly changing environment announced for Cod only? I zoned out by the time that crap came on

I hope this console does as well as the 360 but I can't see it happening this gen unless they sort out the online requirement and that used game fee

Last edited by shaolinsword; 05-22-2013 at 10:21 AM.

^ lol @ the video!

I wouldn't be surprised if they bring out an xbox two 6-12 months after the first one is released specifically for games without all the extra features

"Used games fee, always having to connect online once every 24 hour and the obligatory installation requirement making games slave to a single console"

These 3 things alone should make every gamers blood boil, it goes beyond being a fanboy of any console. Everything else mentioned about the Xbox One becomes irrelevant. This alone have the potential to destroy the gaming industry. If the Xbox One is successful and future consoles adopt this requirement for games, then, they'll be pushing people into PC and hacking, which is the total opposite of what they are trying to achieve.

If its not a negative for you is cool, but you are thinking about your self instead of thinking about the community as a whole. How much are they gonna charge people for stuff on the console till they have enough? Online service, DLC, online passes, updates, used games fee and whatever they come up with next to get more of your money.

The used games debacle only became a problem once Gamestop made a business out of it. It seems they took the battle against us players who buy used games to save up money instead of taking legal action against the company selling them for profit. It is unfair and it shouldn't be supported by the people.
    Last edited by RagnaroK; 05-22-2013 at 02:22 PM.

lol

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hashashin View Post
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post

LMFAO!!!!!jesus
    We do it for the people.

fuck this xbox one bullshit, im all about the gaming when it comes to xbox, altho im not no gamer, all i play is c o d and like 2 other games...

i aint gonna pay all that money for that counsel when all i need for entertainment is my apple devices i have all thru my house smh,

i'll keep my 360 and play the story modes of the games i own cuz i dont play the story hardly, i just play online...

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!