Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New XBOX console revealed may 21st

so far it does seem like the Xbox one is just a glorified TV remote. I think Microsoft are aiming it as a rival to Apple TV. They trying the all in one idea with this, so they take on sony with games, nintendo with kinect and apple with all the entertainment crap.

I think it will probably sell really well.

i personally aint impressed, i dont care for the TV stuff my samsung TV already does most of that shit. the whole thing about used games sucks, cause for games like assassins creed where i mainly fuck with the story mode i just borrow it off a friend. now that i have to pay well fuck you microsoft. if they are doing all this they should have atleast made either live free or much cheaper like £10 a year or something.

plus the games, so far the big franchise left on the xbox is Halo. Gears of war is dead the franchise finished with the 3rd game, they made judgement and it sucked bad and was just a blatant cash grab. the fan base has gone down massively. so what else do they have? PS4 is gonna get uncharted, metal gear, killzone etc etc.

I know its early days and waiting until E3 to make a judgement is better. but they showed what the new xbox can do and it didnt really do anything. massive dissapointment so far.

In the end, console sales are largely determined by exclusives. And Sony has been better with exclusives. Xbox really only has Halo as exclusive title. And who the hell still cares about Halo? PS4 is really the way to go if you want to buy a console in 2014.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
    In the end, console sales are largely determined by exclusives. And Sony has been better with exclusives. Xbox really only has Halo as exclusive title. And who the hell still cares about Halo? PS4 is really the way to go if you want to buy a console in 2014.
    word up

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post

If its not a negative for you is cool, but you are thinking about your self instead of thinking about the community as a whole.
    the community aint paying for my games or my console. fuck em. lol

2ndly, Halo is dead. no more halo games will be coming out from bungie.
    bungie will be fully focused on Destiny. it is the only game bungie will be releasing and updating for yeas to come. not exclusive tho.

all i know is that i like xbox. i like the way it plays and i like how xbox live works. the new features sound great to me. i dont trade or share my games and i dont buy used games so fuck a used fee.

i keep my xbox online everyday anyway. all i play is online gaming so who cares about the 24hr login thing.

i just have this feeling that ONE will revolutionize entertainment and i want to experience it.

i dont have a brand loyalty. i have an experience loyalty. i played PS and xbox and i like xbox better.

i was really glad i bought a 360 when PSN was fucked for all that time. i guess yall forgot about that huh? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Swanson View Post
    These next gen consoles are gonna retail for cheaper than the original 360/ps3 prices do why not grab both?
    Xbox 360 launch price was £279.99 (£209.99 for Core) Xbone is £399.99
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Swanson View Post
    These next gen consoles are gonna retail for cheaper than the original 360/ps3 prices do why not grab both?
    Since when?

Gamestop: Xbox One will be priced less than the Xbox 360

http://www.pcworld.com/article/20397...-xbox-360.html

Quote Originally Posted by STYLE View Post
    the community aint paying for my games or my console. fuck em. lol

^That's true. Still it's unfair for people that don't have internet and are fans of Xbox. I have friends, coworkers that come to my house to play a few games while drinking and have a good time, I wouldn't like the hassle of having to register every mother fucker on my console and vice versa when I go to theirs. Personally, I buy used games when developers fucked up and deliver a halfass game that isn't worth the retail price. Trading in games is useful when companies are tying to cash-in with multiples update ver. of the same game, for example: SFIV>SSFIV>SSFIV AE 2012, or Ninja Gaiden 3>Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge.

When it comes to consoles Im loyal to Sony, but if they were the ones with all these restrictions, I would've shitted on them too.
    Last edited by RagnaroK; 05-25-2013 at 03:51 AM.
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

Poet Of The Streets

Don't forget that Sony owns Gaikai as well. This is an interesting article but serious question here, is it possible for cloud computations to really "better" the graphics? Hardware is hardware I dont see how cloud will push it past it's limitations. You can only fill up a bucket with so much water. http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/24/re...ud-processing/

Quote Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post

^That's true. Still it's unfair for people that don't have internet and are fans of Xbox. I have friends, coworkers that come to my house to play a few games while drinking and have a good time, I wouldn't like the hassle of having to register every mother fucker on my console and vice versa when I go to theirs. Personally, I buy used games when developers fucked up and deliver a halfass game that isn't worth the retail price. Trading in games is useful when companies are tying to cash-in with multiples update ver. of the same game, for example: SFIV>SSFIV>SSFIV AE 2012, or Ninja Gaiden 3>Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge.

When it comes to consoles Im loyal to Sony, but if they were the ones with all these restrictions, I would've shitted on them too.
    I'm still waiting for Sony to announce a similar used games fee tbh. I'll be sticking with ffxiv and giving up on gaming if they do though

Quote Originally Posted by shaolinsword View Post
    I'm still waiting for Sony to announce a similar used games fee tbh. I'll be sticking with ffxiv and giving up on gaming if they do though
    They already stated that you can play used games, since then not a single rumor or details about it has come up yet. Sony press conference will be on June 10. We have to wait and see.

There's still hope for the Xbox One:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-on...=Topslot;Slot2
    [UPDATE 2] Sources have told Polygon that the Xbox One will not require gamers pay an activation fee to play used games, but will mandate regular checks to verify the authenticity of games.

Microsoft is also reportedly mulling over the idea of special "exemption codes" that could be provided to those in Internet-free scenarios, like active-duty soldiers.

[UPDATE] Following the publication of this story, Microsoft director of Xbox Live programming Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb provided a new statement on Xbox One and used games.

"The ability to trade in and resell games is important to gamers and to Xbox," he said. "Xbox One is designed to support the trade in and resale of games. Reports about our policies for trade in and resale are inaccurate and incomplete. We will disclose more information in the near future."
    Last edited by RagnaroK; 05-25-2013 at 02:25 PM.
    Human Instrumentality Project

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

I didn't mean they would do it, I just meant it wouldn't surprise me if they did

Exemption codes for what?

Gotta admit I'm not really excited. I don't like the name, the design is okay.
    Not sure about the fact that the console gotta do everything in my living room, but again I'm probably not their target market. I want good games, so I'm waiting to see the PS4.
    A razor-blade instead of a tongue, My game’s sharp. - Method Man

I must be the only one that doesn't mind the new name

The rumours about Sony charging for pre owned games have started apparently