Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Twelve Reasons To Die sold 15.000 copies in it's first week

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    I don't think u guys are getting it..Tyler the creator most likely won't see a lot of that money from the records he sold..especially via major, u gotta take into account promo costs, legalities etc, ghost selling that much via an independent might be more rewarding to him than compared to Tyler the creator if u wanna get technical about things, most of these mInstream dudes have 360 deals..don't believe the hype, they aren't seeing as much money as u think they seeing
    I seriously doubt Ghost is making 6x more per album than Tyler just because its an independent label.

Lets say Ghost makes 6 dollars for every copy of 12 Reasons to Die and Tyler only makes 2 dollars for every copy of Wolf.

Tyler would have made $180,000 in his first week and Ghost would have made $90,000.

Also Tyler produced every track on Wolf so he gets paid for that too. There's pretty much no way in hell Ghost made more money off his album than Tyler did.
    Love thy neighbor

Banned

N.O.R.E.'s Student of the Game dropped the same week and debuted at #116 and sold 4,100 copies in its first week

FRESH FISH

100 copies of the 12 reasons to die were $150 a piece and 400 were $60 a piece.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Ghost raeped more male fans than Tyler this past week, so Ghost won that one.

1-0 to Ghost...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Quote Originally Posted by Luz View Post
    I seriously doubt Ghost is making 6x more per album than Tyler just because its an independent label.

Lets say Ghost makes 6 dollars for every copy of 12 Reasons to Die and Tyler only makes 2 dollars for every copy of Wolf.

Tyler would have made $180,000 in his first week and Ghost would have made $90,000.

Also Tyler produced every track on Wolf so he gets paid for that too. There's pretty much no way in hell Ghost made more money off his album than Tyler did.
    Tyler fully produced the album, with samples which he has to clear out of his pocket as it's the producers job to handle that,something ghost would never have to worry about with this album

Tyler fully produced the album, with samples which he has to clear out of his pocket as it's the producers job to handle that,something ghost would never have to worry about with this album
    So you're saying Tyler is spending more on sample clearance than he is being paid for producing the album? Really?

Tyler producing his own album is a positive for him financially no matter how you slice it.
    Love thy neighbor

FRESH FISH

Why do numbers matter? It's a dope album

What I'm saying is, people are acting like ghost doing 15000 with little to no promo on a barely known indie label is such a terrible thing, I liked Tylers album a lot but comparing him to ghost is illogical..Tyler has the big machine behind him right now..he can do those numbers, ghost deserves more credit than the critics give him

Banned

well Ghost has the more critically acclaimed album, and that's more important. people aren't going to remember record sales

and like I said, all the teens are on OF's dicks right now. the nigerian ho has a cult following. it's no contest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Swanson View Post
    LOL what? The album is front and center in the what's new section of the spotify desktop app. All these kids are using spotify.
    irrelevent,

people check new release sections to find new material from artists they know and listen to.
    Last edited by THE W; 04-29-2013 at 11:44 AM.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

I don't think Tyler uses many samples, and I thought sample clearance comes out of the album's budget.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

15,000 is not bad for an indie label. Its not bad for an album that doesn't have one decent single.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    I don't think Tyler uses many samples, and I thought sample clearance comes out of the album's budget.
    As someone who listened to his new album, I can definitely verify that about 80% of it is sampled, a lot of his work is sampled but his secret is adding live instrumentation to his work, he adds more personal detail to his sampled work to give it the whole pharell esque sound he is known for , still a good album if you listen to it without bias and an open mind

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    lol... 15 000? America population is something about 300 million people, doesn't it? My country has 40 million people and we're more poor than Americans, but rappers can sell more records here (even in one week). I don't get it.

CuzinBilly said we should be happy for that, but Ghost's a fucking legend. Where are real hip-hop heads in USA?
    if u copped the album u did ur part. ghost hasn't gone gold since supreme clientele. like someone else here said before. 12rtd was barely in stock in most places. its an underground album get over it. it was a success for them no matter what.
    Unloyal Snakes get thrown in boilin Lakes Of Hot Oil

When da fuck is Soul Temple shipping the pre-orders though? I still havent listened to this album at coz i want to wait till i have the vinyl in my hand and im dying to hear it