21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cash Money Records

9 42.86%
  • No Limit Records

12 57.14%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cash Money Records vs. No Limit Records

Default Cash Money Records vs. No Limit Records

So both of these labels were huge in the late 90s and both dynasties made millions off a constant stream of new album releases. But which one was better?

Beats by the Pound made most of the beats for No Limit albums while Mannie Fresh made most of the beats for Cash Money albums. Cash Money had Juvenile, Turk, Wayne, and B.G. No Limit had guys like Master P, Mystikal, C-Murder, Silkk The Shocker, and Mia X. (not to mention Snoop Dogg)

Many hip-hop heads will tell you that the rappers on both labels were for the most part sub-par but I don't know, I think some of these guys were really talented on the mic. There were a lot of great albums released by both labels. Some of my favorites from Cash Money include Juveniles "400 Degreez" and "Tha G-Code", B.G.'s "Chopper City In The Ghetto" and "Checkmate", Lil Wayne's "Lights Out" and the last two Hot Boys albums. My favorites from No Limit include Master P's "Ghetto D", TRU's "Tru 2 Da Game", Mystikal's "Unpredictable", and C-Murder's "Life or Death". Personally, I think I enjoy more albums from Cash Money but No Limit definitely had more talent within them. What do you guys think?

-

Who cares LOL. I can't believe you posted about this. Most of the people on here don't care because most people on here like eastcoast rappers since this is a Wu Tang website. Most people on here don't post about southern rappers because most southern rappers are trash. They suck lyrically. Geto Boys, Goodie Mob, Outkast, Ludacris, JT Money are some of the few southern rappers that got skills. Kris Kross are from the south too since they're from Atlanta and they got skills. Other than those southern rappers i said, i don't care about other southern rappers. I've heard a couple of Master P's albums and Silkk The Shocker's albums and their albums were alright and that's because of the beats but lyrically they suck. I told you how i feel about Hot Boys. Master P and Silkk The Shocker did a movie with rappers Mystikal, Snoop Dogg, C-Murder called Hot Boys LOL. Silkk, Mystikal, Snoop, C-Murder, comedian AJ Johnson who was in Friday, The Players Club, How To Be A Player movies formed a team called the hot boys and they were robbing and killing drug dealers so they could get all the money LOL. Master P had a small part as a thug who snitched on Silkk to the cops so he could do less prison time LOL.

nada ignorante

both garbage.
    N.I.

No Limit if I had to choose

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    both garbage.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    No Limit if I had to choose
    Because of their beats or their rappers?

No Limit for the beats. Hands down. IDK about cash money now but No limit then had it on lock. Cash money takes the cake overall obviously.

cash money.

mainly because of juvenile. who is a talented mc a lot of people sleep on.
    mystikal was on both labels.

master p's groans of constipation always annoyed me. i could never really get around that.

and silkk the shocker is one of the top 5 wackest non-white mc's in the history of hip hop. cat makes mike jones look like goddamn kool g rap.

neither label can touch the o.g. southern label:
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

tough choice.. both camps did they thing during they time outta NOLA, musically i was feelin Cash Money's beats more but i voted for No Limit cuz they really sparked the whole south movement [took it to another level from what Geto Boyz achieved] with Master P masterminding the whole shit somewhat reminiscent of what RZA did....

Silkk The Shockers first album was like the second album I ever bought in my life, seven years old exactly, money from my birthday, my grandmother took me in to get that shit.
    I play that album LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    both garbage.

-Some of the nice No Limit Albums and artists:

Fiend -There is one in every family(very popular album that went gold). His pre No Limit album called 'Won't be denied' is also good. He is also a very sought after beat maker.

Steady Mobb'n - Pre-Meditated Drama and also Black Mafia.

Gambino Family -Ghetto Organized

Big Ed

X-Conn(Black Felon)

Skull Duggery

D.I.G.

Mr. Serv On

Mac (considered one of their best artists and would have probably been real well known if he hadn't went to jail)

Mystikal(various albums and guest spots)

Soulja Slim

Krazy

Silkk the Shocker

C-Murder

Master P -before he stopped swearing

Mia X -quality female rapper

The new label called No Limit Forever plans to release movies also. I'm not sure what some of their current artists are like, but I saw Krazy is back with them.

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

no limit due to BEATS BY THE POUND, but other than that, fuck em both, i did fuck wit juvenile, fiend, mac, soulja slim, magic and c-murder tho....

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Lugor View Post
    Silkk The Shockers first album was like the second album I ever bought in my life, seven years old exactly, money from my birthday, my grandmother took me in to get that shit.
    I play that album LOL.
    Is that "Charge it 2 Da Game"? People give Silkk all kinds of shit but I thought he had some good tunes on that album, terrible rapper or not.

It'd be nice if they reissued some of these old school No Limit albums, cause there's no way no one's paying $40 for a Mac album.

FRESH FISH

Tough choice they are both pretty fucken bad