Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ghostface Killah Doesn't Want To Rush Wu-Tang Clan Reunion

Default Ghostface Killah Doesn't Want To Rush Wu-Tang Clan Reunion

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...g-clan-reunion

Ghostface Killah also reveals information regarding his collaborative effort with MF DOOM and his upcoming work for "Supreme Clientele Presents...Blue & Cream: The Wally Era."

As a man with various projects on his hands, Ghostface Killah often has fans wondering about more than one release. The emcee who just dropped Twelve Reasons to Die with Adrian Younge earlier this year and is now touring and prepping for other releases. During a recent interview, Ghost revealed more information regarding his project with MF DOOM, his upcoming Supreme Clientele Presents...Blue & Cream: The Wally Era album and the 20th anniversary Wu-Tang Clan reunion project, which he says he doesn't want to rush.

"I just gave DOOM, I gave him all my records," Ghost explained in an interview with TheNEHipHop. "DOOM likes to take his time. He's in London. He don't live in the U.S. no more. So he just be doin' a lot of shit. I told him, 'Yo, man! The people want this shit, yo! Yo, what the fuck, man?' So, he sent like another six beats. I smashed them out. So, I guess at the end of the year, I guess he'll release them. It's in his hands. I don't know what he wants to do with the music but he got it."

Aside from this, of course, Ghost is prepping for the sequel to Supreme Clientele, a project now known to be Supreme Clientele Presents...Blue & Cream: The Wally Era.

"You know how I do. I'm goin' in. It's gon' be bananas. It's gon' be crazy," he said about that project. "That's nothing to make for me. Just give me some time with the right beats and I could go in. Y'all gon' love that one when that hits the fan. I want to do it this year because I've been sitting on it for a minute. I've just been waiting for the perfect timing. That's all."

Wu-Tang Clan fans can also hope for a Wu-Tang Clan reunion album this year. However, according to Ghost, it may or may not drop in 2013. For Ghost, he says, the only important thing is making sure the music is "right."

"We've got plans to give the people another album. But we all decided, just because we came out in November in '93 don't mean that we have to drop in November [2013]. I would say, if the music is not right, let's not give it to the people until it's right. That's me. I don't want to rush nothin'. Then you start hearin' a bunch of bullshit. That's where I'm at with mines though."

The full interview can be viewed below.

Wu-Tang is currently also preparing for Rock the Bells, a festival that they will be co-headlining this year. The festival has been the topic of discussion since it was announced that it would include a virtual performance of Ol' Dirty Bastard. Likened to a hologram but said to only "look and feel like what a lot of people say is a hologram," this will also tie into a separate virtual performance of Eazy-E with Bone Thugs-N-Harmony that will also happen at the festival. The plans have been criticized by ODB's widow and son but supported by fellow members of the Wu, including U-God. Recently Rock the Bells announced that despite any comments to the contrary, the performances will "absolutely" take place.

youknowhatimean, youknow, namsayn, yo yo knowhatimean

Banned

he's been saying the same thing about the supreme clientele sequel for the past two years. we know you're sitting on it, so fucking release it already

Maybe they can make it by the 25th anniversary

Don't release the new Wu album around the same time as a new Ghost album, that's all I'm sayin

Rae and Ghost keep doing all these collabo albums with random people, but til this day we still haven't gotten an official collabo between those two. Can they hit us with that before they leave the game? Those two are actually still making good music, so that would be one of the few albums that should have come out a decade or more ago that i think would still be dope if they made it now.
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Soulless View Post
    Rae and Ghost keep doing all these collabo albums with random people, but til this day we still haven't gotten an official collabo between those two. Can they hit us with that before they leave the game? Those two are actually still making good music, so that would be one of the few albums that should have come out a decade or more ago that i think would still be dope if they made it now.
    I want to see that too, but they said it won't happen. I guess Cuban Linx is a collabo, but not official. they would've been the greatest duo ever

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullycute View Post
    Maybe they can make it by the 25th anniversary
    Can't you do anything else than hate on everyone but your perfect husband? Fuck off.

-

It wouldn't matter if the group album was rushed or not. The album is gonna suck when it does come out LOL. Wu Tang needs to face the fact that their time is over. They will never make a classic album again like their first one. I don't want ya'll thinking that i'm hating on them because i'm not. I love Wu Tang but most rappers that made classic albums in the 80's and 90's will never make classic stuff again because it's hard to outdo classic albums from the past. I would call Only Built 4 Cuban Linx a collabo album with Ghostface and Raekwon because they only had a few guest appearances from other clan members and Nas.

Wrong
    Wu has made classic albums over n over again... They can't rush shit tho
    And the music has to be right

SkamPoe at instagram @kinghippoe
    FOLLOW!!

-

You think The W, Iron Flag, 8 Diagrams are classics? Hahahahahahahaha

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

"I just gave DOOM, I gave him all my records," Ghost explained in an interview with TheNEHipHop. "DOOM likes to take his time. He's in London. He don't live in the U.S. no more. So he just be doin' a lot of shit. I told him, 'Yo, man! The people want this shit, yo! Yo, what the fuck, man?' So, he sent like another six beats. I smashed them out. So, I guess at the end of the year, I guess he'll release them. It's in his hands. I don't know what he wants to do with the music but he got it."
    lmfao this is like the 23rd time he has said the exact same shit

"I JUST gave him evreything from my end. its all in his hands now."
    We do it for the people.

Ha

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    You think The W, Iron Flag, 8 Diagrams are classics? Hahahahahahahaha
    The W was/is
    1-DAY

BUILD STRONG...

-

Yeah right LOL. The W is terrible.

The W is not a classic, not for most people. Wu-Tang did not drop 1 classic. You have the first two albums and the first round of solo's + Supreme Clientele.

12 Reasons To Die is the best album since Supreme Clientele. The production is brilliant and Ghost is hungry. Even if a clanmember would release a better album than for instance Supreme Clientele or Ironman, no one would think that way because these albums were nostalgic to them. I think 12RTD is up there with Ironman and Supreme Clientele, but I have to give it some more years.