Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cru-Da Dirty 30

-

Default The Cru-Da Dirty 30

I was very disappointed that these guys disappeared after this album. They have a lot of good songs on here and some good guest appearances from Tracey Lee, Ras Kass, The Lox, Black Rob, Slick Rick. I like the songs Just Another Case, Goin Down, Pronto, Up North, Bubblin, Goines Tale, My Everlovin Bitch. There's other songs i like but i can't think of the song titles. Yogi who is the big guy that raps did most of the production. Chaddeo who is the hispanic guy that raps is a good rapper. They had a 3rd guy named The Mighty Ha who rapped on a few songs but Yogi and Chaddeo did most of the rapping. I heard one other song from them after this album that was on Violator 2 album called Oooh Wee and i didn't like it. Ya'll should check out Violator 2 album because it has a lot of good rappers on there such as Busta Rhymes who had the first single which was What It Is, LL Cool J, Mobb Deep, Jadakiss, Fat Joe before he went pop LOL. Noreaga had the 2nd single called Grimey. Violator 1 album is also good. Lot of good rappers on there also. QTip had the first single from the album which was Vivrant Thing.

Classic album, its almost like all the high points and different styles of 90s Hip Hop rolled into one.

The shit >>>>

One of my fav rap tracks

-

Apollo Stash, nice picture of Sylvester Stallone from Nighthawks movie. Thanks for showing my Cru topic some love. Da Dirty 30 album is good. I wonder what Yogi, Chaddeo, Mighty Ha are doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Yogi is part of Bad Boy's in house production team Hitmen, Chadio released a solo project Internal Insurgency a few years back, not sure of the status of Mighty Ha. They completed a sophomore project, Madagascar that was to be released in Summer 1999 that was shelved.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Yogi is part of Bad Boy's in house production team Hitmen, Chadio released a solo project Internal Insurgency a few years back, not sure of the status of Mighty Ha. They completed a sophomore project, Madagascar that was to be released in Summer 1999 that was shelved.
    yeah i did hear about that, too bad that lp was crazy dope

Man I would love another CRU album. I don't see why they don't release that on an independent label at this point, a lot of people have love for The Dirty 30 album.

One of my favorites.

I would love to find about more about these guys but theres not much I can find on the internet. Yogi hasn't dropped a beat in years now.

-

That's a nice song ShaDynasty. Yogi produced KRS One's 5 Boroughs song that has Redman, Keith Murray, Prodigy, Camron, Killah Priest, Buckshot of Black Moon, Run of Run DMC. I love 5 Boroughs and the video is tight.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Yogi also did the Intro and Outro for Tical 0:The Prequel and Heavenly Bride on Shabazz the Disciple's Passion of the Hood Christ.

-

I was listening to The Cru's Pay Attention song last night and i noticed r&b singer Anthony Hamilton was singing on the hook. Did ya'll know Anthony sang on that? I'm not a fan of Anthony's music but he's a good singer.

Yeah, that was his first major label placement before he had a deal. That album showcased a lot of future hot talent, L.O.X., Black Rob, Tracey Lee, Ras Kass..

-

Yeah you're right. I also like the samples they used on the album. They sampled Stevie Wonder's Pasttime Paradise on Up North song and they also sampled Kool G Rap and DJ Polo's Riker Island on that. I like how they sampled a little bit of KRS One's Criminal Minded at the beginning of Pronto and i like they sampled Sade's Love Is Stronger Than Pride on My Everlovin Bitch.

Yeah, it is kind of funny how people make appearances on an album as a nobody and end up becoming big stars. Who ever thought that Cam'ron and Jay Z would become so large after appearing on Big L's debut or Fifty Cent would be where he is now after him being on React and in the video when he was in the penalty box, where ironically he would be in the beginning of his career or Xzibit after him being on Coast II Coast.

-

It's funny you mentioned Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Xzibit when they were underground because now that they became mainstream, most of their music sucks hahahahahahahahahahahaha. They should've stayed underground. 50 Cent and Xzibit are better rappers than Jay-Z. Camron and Jay-Z were on Big L's album? I don't remember that. I think i do remember Jay-Z being on there. What songs were they on? It's sad that 50 Cent dissed Onyx when Onyx put him on React as a favor to Jam Master Jay. Did you know that? 50 Cent should've been grateful to them for doing that because they didn't have to do that. I like 50 Cent but he can be very disrespectful to people who have helped him. He should've did some more collabos with Onyx instead of dissing them. That's exactly why i don't deal with a lot of black men because of their ignorance. So many black men are selfish and ignorant. That's also why so many of them die young.

Banned

Cam'Ron

Jay-Z
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.