Thread: Das EFX-Straight Up Sewaside

-

Default Das EFX-Straight Up Sewaside

Very underrated album and also good. I like the songs Undaground Rapper, Gimme Dat Microphone, Freakit(they had a video for this), Baknaffek(they had a video for this), Kaught In Da Ak, Krazy Wit Da Books, Wontu, It's Like Dat. Nice album pictures.

Haha, it's funny that you just posted this one Charles b/c I just barely copped it. Been listening to it recently, not sure how good I think it is. The deliveries on the album start to grate on my ears a little bit. It might grow on me though.

-

I like Straight Up Sewaside more than their first album Dead Serious. Dead Serious has some bangers though like Mic Checka, They Want EFX(remix is better than the album version), Looseys, Klap Ya Hands, Straight From The Sewer. Love their Mic Checka and Straight From The Sewer videos. When I first saw They Want EFX and Mic Checka videos, I was tripping because I had never seen a video filmed in a sewer LOL.

This is a personal classic for me. It's better than Dead Serious and up there with Hold it Down!
    Yo!

PRODIGAL SUN

Glad to know there's another headbanger that thinks this album was better than Dead Serious, and DS was no joke. Straight Up Sewaside was just too hard for the masses, especially after they had already heard Dead Serious. This album was straight up sewage (toxic filthy)! I was just bangin' on this ruckus yesterday (to work, from work and during my workout). Kaught In Da Ak and Baknaffek are riot instigating joints! Whenever I watch the start of the Baknaffek video (black & white in subway) I want to punch someone in their liver! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXzi9gZ5ZSE

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Baknaffek and Freakit videos are classics. I think their best album is Hold It Down. I got Straight Up Sewaside and Hold It Down album covers on my Facebook page. JChavez, check out my Facebook page and gimme a thumbs up to the rap album covers you like. I love Das EFX and Mobb Deep's Microphone Master video which is a remix from Das EFX's Hold It Down album. Das EFX's Hard Like A Criminal song is hard. It was a b side song on Straight From The Sewer album single. They sampled LL Cool J's Mama Said Knock You Out song when he said hard on Hard Like A Criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Def an underrated album from the golden era. Gotta go back & listen to it again but this one stayed in my box back in the day.

-

I like the interlude skit that comes before Freakit song. The skit played classic rap songs from Eric B and Rakim, Ice Cube, Boogie Down Productions and Biz Markie. Das EFX sampled Erick Sermon's voice from EPMD and Das EFX's Cummin At Cha song on Baknaffek. Erick said back in effect how's that.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.