Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unorthodox - Raekwon, JD Era, Ghostface Killah and The RZA [Tony Touch Album Track]

Default Unorthodox - Raekwon, JD Era, Ghostface Killah and The RZA [Tony Touch Album Track]

http://soultemplemusic.bandcamp.com/album/unorthodox

From "Tony Touch presents The Piecemaker 3... Return of the 50 MCs"

In Stores July 9th.

Ghost and RZA were nice. Good production too, I like how the live instruments bring out the raw sound. Real classic bare bones style. But if this is an indication of how Raekwon will approach a better tomorrow, I wouldn't mind if he didn't partake much if things aren't up to his standards. He's been the most vocal about "doing this right", and he sets off this joint rapping about chunky ice and 60 grand belts? C'mon...

Ha

JD Era killed it
    1-DAY

BUILD STRONG...

props for posting, really getting tired of all these live instrumental beats weve been getting recently though (with the exeption of ghosts new lp) they just sound bland and boring, the 0 energy ghost rae and rza bring on this dont help either

Quote Originally Posted by habitual_line_steppr View Post
    props for posting, really getting tired of all these live instrumental beats weve been getting recently though (with the exeption of ghosts new lp) they just sound bland and boring, the 0 energy ghost rae and rza bring on this dont help either
    this

Dope song. The site says its produced by Tony Touch and Psycho Les.

I'mma be lynched but I don't feel it much. I'd rather hear something sampled

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

the problem with this live instrument shit is that wu and specifically rza think they're actually making some fresh new music by using a live band.

but they aren't, they're like karaoke versions of the classic wu sound.

Wow, Ghost killed it!

Best Ghostface verse I heard in long
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

Wu-Veteran

Jd Era sounded the best off the first listen..and it wasnt like he had much competition on this one....it sounded like everyone else was sleeping

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

its dope feelin' it

Ha

Quote Originally Posted by sosa View Post
    the problem with this live instrument shit is that wu and specifically rza think they're actually making some fresh new music by using a live band.

But they aren't, they're like karaoke versions of the classic wu sound.
    fact
    1-DAY

BUILD STRONG...

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post

but they aren't, they're like karaoke versions of the classic wu sound.
    Foreal Roots been there and done that and they did it well!! I can see where RZA wants to go though, he wants to produce totally new fresh music that maybe oneday is sampled too. Anyway I know this A Tony Touch beat. It wasn't too bad I've heard better from him though.
    Lyrically JD, Ghost and RZA killed it and Rae man I'm just tired of his low energy flow and soul less lyrics.. Raes in love with his voice and lyrics, I think he has too many yes men around him but somebody who is close to him needs to tell him fix up.. Those lyrics are tired man.
    Last edited by Rawticus; 06-01-2013 at 04:21 AM.

Wu-Veteran

3rd listen: i actually like Rae's verse now..ppl criticize too hard on his delivery. If u listen to the vibe of the beat..its pretty relaxed.

Jd era smashed it. iLL flows.

Ghostface' lyrics were on point..but his delivery sounded uninspired..almost didnt sound like him..couldve been meant that way, who knows.

Rza sounded weird..and im pretty sure that was on purpose (the song is titled "unorthodox")

Not feelin the cuts and overused kung fu samples tho...sounded very amateurish..and on ghosts verse it sounded like they brought it back a few
    times just to fill out the 16 bars.

Decent track but with the buzz surroundng their new project "A Better Tomorrow", id say this is not what fans are looking for

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post

Rza sounded weird..and im pretty sure that was on purpose (the song is titled "unorthodox")
    no, RZA raps with that boring delivery for some time now. damn it, what ever happened to that dope 2000 RZA flow?

unispired beat, thought Ghost and JD were cool on it
    bring back begongo!!