• Marvelous Marvin

0 0%
  • Sugar Ray

1 100.00%
  • Draw

0 0%

Thread: 'Marvelous' Marvin Hagler vs 'Sugar' Ray Leonard

Default 'Marvelous' Marvin Hagler vs 'Sugar' Ray Leonard

one of the ultimate classic fights of all time. when i first watched this back in the day i thought Hagler got robbed, was a bit biased as i'm a Hagler fan. not taking anything away from Leonard, he is a phenomenal boxer its just i prefer Hagler/Hearns over Ray.

that said, after watching this fight again, i'm gonna have to agree with the judges. Hagler was the aggressor but he missed too many shots and solid punches he landed werent convincing enough nor did they seem to hurt leonard. leonard stuck to his game plan and it worked. he was able to dodge most of marvin's punches and stick his flurries with precision.

thats my opinion on the fight right now. what do yall think ? who took it ?
    Last edited by tekunique; 06-05-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Griselda Dinner Plates Brick Thunderbird's Avatar

I was only like five years old when this fight went down, but I remember them showing a replay it on Wide World of Sports when I was a bit older. I remember the first couple of rounds being crazy, and thinking that Sugar Ray won. It's been a long time though, so my memory is a bit hazy. I'm gonna try to watch this soon and drop my thoughts because this one comes up a lot when talking about GOAT fights.
    "Return to earth as a person, only to see you mouse niggas running from the serpent" - Jus Allah

-

This was a good fight but I like Sugar Ray Leonard more than Marvin.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.