Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: X-Men - Days of Future Past...

BITE YO FUKIN HEAD OFF JIGSAW45's Avatar

Quicksilver stole the show for me...magneto is the fuckin MAN!

Quote Originally Posted by FatherSl!me View Post
    Just saw this today. I thought the movie was awesome. In the original story It was actually bishop who travels back in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    nah it was shadowcat
    Bishop traveled back to warn the xmen about a blood disease that was designed to kill mutants. Turns out when it combined with wolverines blood...it turned into the cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    Glad they alluded Quicksilver to being Erik's son since his mom "used to know a guy who could control metal". They even have a small glimpse of the younger ScArlet toward magnetos speech. Only thing that was left as plot holes was there was no explanation as to how Pro X was revived from X3 nor was it explained how wolverine got his metal claws back in the future of 2023 when in the Wolverine film he clearly had them cut off by the Silver SamurAi and even had his bone claws still in the extra scene
    Same way shadowcat saved everyone that died in the first 10 minutes of the flick. They went back to change shit with her power.

I thought the film was great. I have a feeling that after the next film they are going to reboot the series, but I hope not, because why?

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW45 View Post
    Bishop traveled back to warn the xmen about a blood disease that was designed to kill mutants. Turns out when it combined with wolverines blood...it turned into the cure.

yeah i know .. but the original days of the future past story was with shadowcat in the past instead of wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Great cover!
    Retired.

Veteran Member

“Same way shadowcat saved everyone that died in the first 10 minutes of the flick. They went back to change shit with her power.”

Nope wrong and Im not the only one who’s noticed. They are simple plotholes. In the film Kitty says she can only send someone back in time a week, maybe a month before that person’s mind snaps. When they decide to use Wolverine, that was the 1st time he went back in time. Since DOFP takes place a decade or two after X3/The Wolverine, no one but Wolverine could be sent into the past that far, no one can change the past so Xavier could not be saved from Phoenix. They get the idea of sending Logan back RIGHT THERE in China. No explanation when Xavier goes from dust to full body form in DOFP since Kitty never sent someone so far in the past to save him. The only alluded explanation was in X3 when Xavier speaks on transferring consciousness into other people. The extra scene in X3 has a man in bandages I believe being taking care of by Moira only he was born with no consciousness. Suddenly, Xaviers voice is heard from the body. We never see the body unwrapped so whos to say it should be a different looking man with Prof. X’s voice? The DVD X3 Commentary allude about Xavier’s twin brother in the hospital, but no XMen movie has ever talked about X’s twin brother. Not even in First Class where he is depicted as a single child. Makes no mention of a “brother” when he meets Raven. Even more, if X awoke in a new body why does he still need a wheel chair? Your telling me his twin brother is also a paraplegic? LOL convenient huh?. As for Logans claws, the extra scene in “The Wolverine” backs up my claim. They are clearly cut off by the Silver Samurai and in the airport extra scene he brandishes his bone claws toward Magneto……..yet manages to injure Kitty with his adamantium claws in DOFP. No explanation as to how he got them back because he never goes back in time yet. This film is basically a reboot of the franchise, nullifying X1-3 & Origins. Jean, Cyclops, Sabertooth, Toad are all alive. Mystique & Rogue still have their powers. Heck another plot hole right here…..during Magneto’s rant on the airplane he mentions “fallen comrades” one being Emma Frost, the girl who is freed by Magneto. Well from First Class in the 60’s to Origins in 1975…..you have Emma Frost alive in Strykers mutant experimentation spot.

Read This….
    http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/x-me...-past-answered

Question 1: How is Xavier alive after the events of X-Men: The Last Stand?
    Professor X was memorably vaporised by an out-of-control Jean Grey during the events of X-Men: The Last Stand. The film did introduce a get-out clause for this, casually mentioning the idea of a psychic transferring their mind into a comatose man on life support, and then strongly hinting, if not outright revealing in a post-credits sequence that Xavier had done exactly this.
    So that explains why he's not dead, but it doesn't explain why he's still Patrick Stewart. Well, on the commentary for DVD X-Men: The Last Stand one of the writers suggests that the brain-dead man is Xavier's twin brother, who was born without a consciousness. If Xavier transferred his mind into that body, that leaves Patrick Stewart free to reprise his role in the next film.
    What this doesn't explain is why Professor X needs a hoverchair in the DOFP future, if he's not in his original paralysed body. Maybe he's just lazy?

Question 2: Why aren't Wolverine's claws still bone in the future?
    In the post-credits scene of The Wolverine, the status quo is this: it's been two years since the events of depicted in the film. Yukio is no longer travelling with Wolverine. His claws, after being cut off by Yashida's giant samurai robot-suit, have regrown as bone. At the end of that sequence, he's recruited by Professor X and Magneto, and when he turns up in Days Of Future Past some years later, he's got metal claws again. So where did those claws come from?
    To be fair, this isn't really a story problem, though it does cause a continuity headache. We can only assume that at some point between the end of The Wolverine and the start of DOFP, Wolverine gets Adamantium re-bonded to his claws. How? Well, that's a story for another day, I suppose. Or maybe we can assume Magneto did it with his mastery over all this metallic. Er, speaking of which…

Question 3: How did Magneto get his powers back?
    Not an especially tough question, but one which doesn't really get addressed during DOFP, possibly because the writers considered it resolved in the previous film. In the final battle of X-Men: The Last Stand, Magneto is injected with the mutant "cure", and loses his powers. In the film's final scene, he's shown waiting to play chess in the park, now a broken and anonymous man with no opponent. As the film ends, he reaches out with his hand, and in the second before the scene ends one of the chess pieces moves, as if pulled by a magnet.
    We can therefore assume that the cure just didn't stick. Why didn't it stick? That, we don't know. Is it the same for everyone? Again, we can't really tell. The adult Mystique (who was also "cured" during X-Men 3) doesn't appear in DOFP, and Rogue is only in it for a split second, but only in an alternate future where all bets are off, and apparently still without her powers (but not definitively). Maybe in the "happy" future, she wasn't cured but can control them. Maybe they're still gone. We doubt we'll get a definitive answer any time soon.

Question 4: Why were Magneto and Xavier recruiting Wolverine anyway?
    That's a very good question. Because it didn't look a lot like a dystopian future when he was in that airport, did it? And they didn't even know they were going to send Wolverine back in time until seconds before they actually did it anyway.
    So maybe what Professor X and Magneto meant by "we need your help" wasn't "we need to send you back in time in about 10 years when everyone's gone to hell" but "we need your help to stop the sentinels which have very recently become a problem for us and could get a lot worse. Right? Right.

Question 5: How come Kitty Pryde has the ability to transmit Bishop's mind back in time, when her mutant powers only let her phase through walls?
    Beats me. Magic gloves?

Question 6: Wolverine gets taken away by Stryker at the end of DOFP. Except Stryker is actually Mystique. So what's that about?
    Er, this one has us beat too, and it's kind of a mess if you think about it. X-Men Origins: Wolverine showed us that Stryker recruited Wolverine and Sabretooth in 1975 after rescuing them from the firing squad in Vietnam, where they'd been fighting for some time. Until then, the two had – we're told – been inseparable. Yet in 1973, Wolverine isn't in Vietnam, he's bumming around New York and Sabretooth's nowhere to be found. Maybe he's between tours?
    Either way, the implication with the Stryker/Mystique moment is that the timeline has changed and that in the altered universe, Mystique is the one who takes Wolverine into military custody and gives him up to the Weapon X programme. We can't really explain why she'd do that, but fair enough.

Question 7: What happened to all those guys from First Class?
    There's a long list of blink/sneeze/cough-and-you'll-miss-them explanations about what happened to the other mutants from the previous X-Men film. When Mystique infiltrates Trask's office, she sees autopsy reports and photos for several mutants, including Azazel and Angel. Magneto mentions that Emma Frost (and possibly Banshee?) as being "casualties" of the intervening years between First Class and the past of Days of Future Past. Havok, at least, is alive and part of the mutant battalion in Vietnam which Mystique rescues, though no-one actually uses his name, so if you're bad with faces (or can't remember much of a film you saw years ago) you might not notice until he uses his powers.

Question 8: If it's 1975, how come Quicksilver has those over-the-ear headphone separates that didn't seem to exist until about 3 years ago?
    A better question is why Trask's Sentinels are more advanced in 1975 than anything we have in 2014.
    An even better question is, if they've got a guy who can literally stop bullets with time to spare, why doesn't anything think to take him to Paris, given that their entire future hinges on stopping someone being shot?

Question 9: What actually happened at the end of the film? Why's everyone suddenly alive when Wolverine wakes up? What's going on!?
    So, here's what happens. By preventing the assassination of Trask, and having a mutant save the President's life, the X-Men have averted the Sentinel-ravaged future Wolverine was sent back from. But because he's not in the future timeline when it gets erased, he arrives back in his future body in the altered timeline.
    So, the actions of the 1975 X-Men have apparently changed the future dramatically. Jean's alive, Cyclops is alive, the sentinels haven't overrun the earth and Wolverine's a teacher. At the very least, the events of X-Men: The Last Stand didn't happen the way they did, and the events of X-Men and X2 are now pretty suspect as well. But Professor X does remember that a time-travelling Wolverine came to help him out. So everything in X-Men: First Class happened, and everything in the 1975 era of X-Men: Days of Future Past happened, and from that point on all continuity has been rewritten so that different stuff happened. Which does have the positive outcome of erasing X-Men Origins: Wolverine, at least.
    But hey, it's time travel. It's not supposed to make sense.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Finally got round to watching this. Great film I must say, the best X-Men film imo.

Ok there are plot holes if you're really looking for them but they don't take away from the film one bit. They did a great job of linking the film to the major events of first class and carrying them on into this one, but also making you care about the parts set in the future, without it feeling like they were isolated stories in their own right. Solid story, twists and action. Climax was great, and the after credits scene was mind blowing!

My only complaint was I didn't get to see Collosus handing out many sonnings

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

IronSheik

Arrow Basically T2 w/Mutants

bringing this back cuz of this interesting list & vid I just came across on ign
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/16/every-x-man-ever
    overview of all X-men ever (or so they claim)
    I love reading this kinda stuff
    Retired.

Default Alexandra Shipp ('Aaliyah') To Play Storm In ‘X-Men Apocalypse’