Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Avengers 2 - Age of Ultron

Finally saw age of ultron today
    paidfull price and since it was monday (barely anyone was in the theater).

Loved the movie!!
    The only complaint I really had was seeing almost half the film online (actor interviews & promos, trailers, etc)
    So that took out the WOW factor for me.
    Im sure if they kept it under wraps I wouldve been going nuts .

I really thought Ultron was gonna f@ck up the Avengers.
    The scene where Caps shield was broken and all that....I thought Ultron did that!
    he was pretty easy to beat.

either than that its a great movie.
    Last edited by chiba; 05-14-2015 at 08:26 PM.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

^^glad to hear you enjoyed it!

A guide to the growing controversy over Joss Whedon’s Avengers and Marvel’s gender problem

http://www.vox.com/2015/5/11/8582081...on-joss-whedon

people are reading way too much into that one scene between Hulk & Black Widow in Age of Ultron and actually seem to be projecting their own agenda onto it. pretty sad really. lmfao @ the puny disses thrown at Whedon on Twitter (more of those over here https://storify.com/Astojap/wehdon-twitter-hate)

good comparisons in the above article to Alien, Buffy, Firefly, Dollhouse, Speed & Toy Story. a good but long read
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 05-12-2015 at 10:08 AM.
    Retired.

^ I think they are reading too much into it and making a big stink of things.
    I collect the action figures and statues and ive always seen the black widow ones out there.
    Im surprised they didnt put out more Scarlett Witch toys/ statues.

I wonder if these same ppl will find complaints about wonder woman

Non Ignorants

Quote Originally Posted by chiba View Post
    I wonder if these same ppl will find complaints about wonder woman
    wouldn't surprise me, I guess some people are in bitch mode all the time lol
    Retired.

Retired.

Default Age of Ultron Is Proof Marvel Is Killing the Popcorn Movie

Last edited by Rev Jones; 05-14-2015 at 06:24 AM.

good read

some interesting points in there although the overall tone is pretty dramatic. it would also surprise me if any of the upcoming Marvel movies will face the same problems. this is just an Age of Ultron problem as it was made into the jumping point for so many other stories. I don't see this happening again all that much with Civil War for example and definitely not with any of the 'solo' movies

the problem could have been solved by keeping many more of the cut scenes in the movie. some scenes seem realy compressed now. I guess they were afraid the movie would have been too long but most people wouldn't have minded imo

if you are going to set up so many upcoming movies in Age of Ultron try to tie them in better with the Ultron story arch itself and make the scenes long enough so they make enough sense taken on their own too. some of it did work (Vibranium / Klawe imo), some didn't

it will be interesting to see a director's cut. it would surprise me if Whedon didn't get the opportunity to make a longer cut for one of the BluRay editions, after all the various different editions of the movie are a certified way of getting more money out of fanboys like me lol
    Retired.

Joss Whedon on Directing ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron': It ‘Broke Me’

With Avengers: Age of Ultron, Joss Whedon hoped to create something beautiful; his own unique, idealistic ‘Vision.’ But what he brought to life has proven to be a surprisingly divisive, immensely entertaining, and hotly-debated monster of both comic book and Hollywood studio proportions. Hardly a failure (read our review), Ultron – like its genocidal robot counterpart – was as equally misunderstood and deluded in its purpose to either stand alone and make a change, or simply move things forward while keeping the status quo.

Ultimately, though, the film struggled not because it lacked any strings, but a perception that the expanding Marvel universe, and not one, but two world-altering events on the way placed far too many strings on its own story. Strings including studio priorities, fan expectations, and insurmountable hype. And it hasn’t left Whedon unscathed.

So far, Age of Ultron has made its impact known: it’s grossed over $560 million internationally (that excludes key markets China and Japan); it’s promotional campaign gained attention when Jeremy Renner called Black Widow a “slut” (twice), and star Robert Downey Jr. walked out of an interview – not to mention divided existing fans on whether or not the film is, in fact, a success.

But above all else, it has broken Joss Whedon, driving him to repeatedly admit his exhaustion, quit Twitter altogether, and take a much needed break from filmmaking. We wouldn’t be surprised if he’s still trying to catch his breath.

Before the opening of Age of Ultron, Whedon spoke to Hero Complex regarding the enormity of the project and the pressures that came with it. So, what most took its toll on the writer/director?
    “The weight of the thing, the weight of the last thing, of this not just being the next thing that happens — I wanted this film to be its own movie. I wanted it to be better, if possible, than the first one — not that the first one was the best movie ever made, but I wanted to do better, just be better at shooting. I wanted to work harder on the script. I wanted to spend more time just really working every aspect of it, because why go again if you’re not doing something new?”
    Indeed, that desire to do something new and unique has not always gelled with Marvel execs – just ask Edgar Wright. But even more so than Marvel’s head honchos, the main voice pressuring Whedon was apparently his own:
    “I heard that voice in my head every time, ‘But is this a great idea?’ And suddenly I had doubt that I don’t usually suffer from. And meanwhile, the studio’s gonna have some too, because everything’s riding on this all of a sudden. And it became a problem in a way that nothing else has. And it was a hard movie to make on top of that. So being paralyzed by either indecision or the weight of responsibility? Not useful, don’t have time for your paralysis, son, snap out of it. This was the hardest work I’ve ever done… it a little bit broke me.
    Not many filmmakers, let alone people in general, can say they’ve experienced that same level of stress and pressure to do right by such an enormous, opinionated audience. Yet often with creative endeavors – no matter the size or scope – it’s not so much the viewer you wish to please as it is yourself.

Could anyone really blame Whedon for breaking? Age of Ultron was arguably the most anticipated film, financially speaking, in cinematic history. What made the ‘weight of responsibility’ even worse was the critical and commercial success of its behemoth predecessor. Garnering a 92% certified fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a global box office haul of over $1.5 billion, The Avengers became the quintessential superhero tentpole with shinier bells and whistles – or suits and shields – than any comic book film to come before it.

It’s easy to top a failure; it’s easy to climb higher. But it’s nearly impossible to top (near) perfection. Following Avengers,Joss Whedon was standing on the peak of success – the only way to rise any higher was to jump, and hope he could somehow fly. Unfortunately, in his world – in our very real, very blue world – flying is not as easy as putting on an iron suit (and not even that looks easy).
    Retired.

Retired.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post
    Joss Whedon on Directing ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron': It ‘Broke Me’

With Avengers: Age of Ultron, Joss Whedon hoped to create something beautiful; his own unique, idealistic ‘Vision.’ But what he brought to life has proven to be a surprisingly divisive, immensely entertaining, and hotly-debated monster of both comic book and Hollywood studio proportions. Hardly a failure (read our review), Ultron – like its genocidal robot counterpart – was as equally misunderstood and deluded in its purpose to either stand alone and make a change, or simply move things forward while keeping the status quo.

Ultimately, though, the film struggled not because it lacked any strings, but a perception that the expanding Marvel universe, and not one, but two world-altering events on the way placed far too many strings on its own story. Strings including studio priorities, fan expectations, and insurmountable hype. And it hasn’t left Whedon unscathed.

So far, Age of Ultron has made its impact known: it’s grossed over $560 million internationally (that excludes key markets China and Japan); it’s promotional campaign gained attention when Jeremy Renner called Black Widow a “slut” (twice), and star Robert Downey Jr. walked out of an interview – not to mention divided existing fans on whether or not the film is, in fact, a success.

But above all else, it has broken Joss Whedon, driving him to repeatedly admit his exhaustion, quit Twitter altogether, and take a much needed break from filmmaking. We wouldn’t be surprised if he’s still trying to catch his breath.

Before the opening of Age of Ultron, Whedon spoke to Hero Complex regarding the enormity of the project and the pressures that came with it. So, what most took its toll on the writer/director?
    “The weight of the thing, the weight of the last thing, of this not just being the next thing that happens — I wanted this film to be its own movie. I wanted it to be better, if possible, than the first one — not that the first one was the best movie ever made, but I wanted to do better, just be better at shooting. I wanted to work harder on the script. I wanted to spend more time just really working every aspect of it, because why go again if you’re not doing something new?”
    Indeed, that desire to do something new and unique has not always gelled with Marvel execs – just ask Edgar Wright. But even more so than Marvel’s head honchos, the main voice pressuring Whedon was apparently his own:
    “I heard that voice in my head every time, ‘But is this a great idea?’ And suddenly I had doubt that I don’t usually suffer from. And meanwhile, the studio’s gonna have some too, because everything’s riding on this all of a sudden. And it became a problem in a way that nothing else has. And it was a hard movie to make on top of that. So being paralyzed by either indecision or the weight of responsibility? Not useful, don’t have time for your paralysis, son, snap out of it. This was the hardest work I’ve ever done… it a little bit broke me.
    Not many filmmakers, let alone people in general, can say they’ve experienced that same level of stress and pressure to do right by such an enormous, opinionated audience. Yet often with creative endeavors – no matter the size or scope – it’s not so much the viewer you wish to please as it is yourself.

Could anyone really blame Whedon for breaking? Age of Ultron was arguably the most anticipated film, financially speaking, in cinematic history. What made the ‘weight of responsibility’ even worse was the critical and commercial success of its behemoth predecessor. Garnering a 92% certified fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a global box office haul of over $1.5 billion, The Avengers became the quintessential superhero tentpole with shinier bells and whistles – or suits and shields – than any comic book film to come before it.

It’s easy to top a failure; it’s easy to climb higher. But it’s nearly impossible to top (near) perfection. Following Avengers,Joss Whedon was standing on the peak of success – the only way to rise any higher was to jump, and hope he could somehow fly. Unfortunately, in his world – in our very real, very blue world – flying is not as easy as putting on an iron suit (and not even that looks easy).
    Heavy.

Ive noticed there were parts in the trailer that didnt show up in the movie
    like the chick where the underground cave river was.
    The trailer made it look like Ultron F@cked everyone up.

The DVD may include
    extended scenes, deleted scenes and an alternate ending
    http://www.slashfilm.com/avengers-ag...ernate-ending/

Non Ignorants

Seen it yesterday. Good entertainment. Maybe even better than the 1st 1.

Retired.

the Thanos preview

and theres talks about an alternate ending on the DVD

Non Ignorants

{>____<}

I saw it for the second time without loud people and crying babies. I enjoyed it a lot more. My opinion still hasn't changed but great film overall.