Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wu Tang Clan's rolling stone U-God: Kanye Should 'Come Back to Earth

Default Wu Tang Clan's rolling stone U-God: Kanye Should 'Come Back to Earth

Wu Tang Clan's U-God: Kanye Should 'Come Back to Earth'

Rapper blasts 'Yeezus,' praises Kendrick Lamar

U-God of Wu-Tang Clan performs in New York City.
    Taylor Hill/Getty Images

By Ryan Reed
    July 22, 2013 3:35 PM ET

Wu-Tang Clan member U-God has some blunt words for his hip-hop peers, especially the dynamic duo of Kanye West and Jay Z.
    Random Notes: Hottest Rock Pictures
    "Tell him there's no sound in space," he told Huffington Post of West's raw, electronic-heavy album Yeezus. "He's got to come back on planet Earth. Space is a vacuum. There's no sound in space. Earth is where it's at. Come back down baby, come back." He also gave props to Jay for being "in a creative zone," though he considers the recent Magna Carta. . . Holy Grail a "transitional album."
    However, he proved much more positive about the young guns of modern hip-hop, calling Kendrick Lamar his "little man." He added,"Kendrick got my blood boiling like that, too. He has that spark, like, oooh."
    He also dished out praise for Drake and Lil Wayne. "There's a long list of younger brothers coming up. There are just certain dudes that when they spit. . . it just triggers something in me. That's how you're supposed to do it," he enthused. "Lil' Wayne has my blood boiling too – he be saying some fly shit. Drake, too, man. . . Everyone who is in touch with their individuality, I enjoy it. That's what hip-hop is about."
    U-God's fourth solo album, The Keynote Speaker– which features appearances from Wu-Tang members GZA, RZA and Method Man – is set for release on July 23rd on Soul Temple Records. He said of it, "I'm talking like Obama and saying my speech, like someone giving a piece of his mind and his element." The full, reunited Wu-Tang will release a new album, A Better Tomorrow, later this year

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz2ZxDA3RbJ
    Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

U-God vs Yeezus...the battle of the century!

Kanye has an unbelievably large ego, but he knows better than to retaliate. Rappers like Kanye stay far away from Wu-Tang because they know they'd be chewed up and spit out in a heartbeat. Even that egomaniac knows it would be career suicide.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Bwahahaha I remember when Thirstin Howl and his crew wanted to kill Kanye.

lol@ u-god rapping off a teleprompter

he waited until he was 40 to finally come out of his shell, or he escaped from the rza's attic.

either way, cant swing a cat by the tail without hitting a goldenarms interview these days.

Keynote Speaker > Yeezus

And it's not even close imo... only problem is that people on this board are probably the only people that agree.

Quote Originally Posted by BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI View Post
    Bwahahaha I remember when Thirstin Howl and his crew wanted to kill Kanye.
    Totally missed this one, what happened?
    Ain’t nobody hardcorer than me - U-God

Quote Originally Posted by gamefacekillah View Post
    12 reasons fukkin miders keynote soeaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    Rofl at cilva not being considered a killa bee.

RZAs going to take away his wu badge and gun.

lol @ praising Lil Wayne, Drake, and Lamar.

Kanye Wests album is still fascinating, even if its overrated. U-gods album will be forgotten in a few months, even by people on here praising it right now.

-

LOL@Check Two hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I agree. I was surprised he said he likes Little Wayne and Drake. I've never heard Kendrick Lamar. So i can't comment on him. I don't listen to new rappers anyway. Check Two, have you seen the DMX interview he did on Power 105 radio station in LA on Youtube when he dissed Drake, Rick Ross, Young Jeezy? That interview is so funny because DMX doesn't give a shit about new rappers getting upset because he doesn't like them LOL. He had me laughing a lot when he dissed Drake and Rick Ross. Charlamagne said Rick Ross kinda raps like Notorious Big. DMX said he looks like Notorious Big LOL. He said about Rick Ross that he only raps about his cars, food, drugs. He said good for you that you got a nice car hahahahahahahahahahaha. He said he doesn't like anything about Drake. He said he doesn't like his haircut LOL. I don't like the way he looks LOL. I don't like nothing about him. DMX said let me shut up LOL.

Charlamagne who's a radio dj for Power 105 said that's why DMX is needed in the rap game because he doesn't kiss the asses of these new rappers. Charlamagne said old rappers feel like they gotta like these new rappers and it's ok to say you think they're wack. DMX said the rap game is too political now.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

LOL@Check Two hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I agree. I was surprised he said he likes Little Wayne and Drake. I've never heard Kendrick Lamar. So i can't comment on him. I don't listen to new rappers anyway. Check Two, have you seen the DMX interview he did on Power 105 radio station in LA on Youtube when he dissed Drake, Rick Ross, Young Jeezy? That interview is so funny because DMX doesn't give a shit about new rappers getting upset because he doesn't like them LOL. He had me laughing a lot when he dissed Drake and Rick Ross. Charlamagne said Rick Ross kinda raps like Notorious Big. DMX said he looks like Notorious Big LOL. He said about Rick Ross that he only raps about his cars, food, drugs. He said good for you that you got a nice car hahahahahahahahahahaha. He said he doesn't like anything about Drake. He said he doesn't like his haircut LOL. I don't like the way he looks LOL. I don't like nothing about him. DMX said let me shut up LOL.

Charlamagne who's a radio dj for Power 105 said that's why DMX is needed in the rap game because he doesn't kiss the asses of these new rappers. Charlamagne said old rappers feel like they gotta like these new rappers and it's ok to say you think they're wack. DMX said the rap game is too political now.

I agree. It's good that X speaks his mind on how he feels about new rappers. There are way too many artists praising "talent" with half ass rhymes, and zero substance.

-

You know DMX is gonna speak his mind about stuff and don't care if people get upset LOL. DMX is a funny guy and he always makes me laugh. Ghostface Killah said some true stuff about new rappers on RealtalkNY.net on Youtube. He had me laughing when he said a lot of these new rappers don't have no soul in their music. He said these rappers be coming up with simple simple raps and it's wack. He said they don't know how to rock a crowd when they do concerts. He said the old rappers know how to put on a show when they do concerts. He said everybody on 106 and Park tv show is all little dudes hahahahahahahaha. He also said when he was growing up that he had rappers that he listened to like Eric B and Rakim, Slick Rick, Big Daddy Kane, KRS One, Kool G Rap. He said these new rappers are coming up in a era when there's wack rappers and they may think the rappers are good but the old rappers are looking at it like the rap game is fucked up LOL.

Willie D of Geto Boys is another old rapper who speaks the truth about new wack rappers because he talked about them on So What song without saying any names. Here's some of what he said on So What.

Everytime i turn the radio on, i get hot. I'm sick of niggas bragging about what they got LOL. I came here to show and tell. Half of these muthafuckas broke as hell LOL. Most of these bitches scared to come to the hood LOL. You ain't real nigga, you's a cake LOL. You talk a lot of shit about scrapping and guns but if i slapped the fuck out you right now, you run hahahahahahahahahahaha. So what if you rich. Let me tell you something bitch LOL. A nigga don't feel like hearing that shit LOL. I could give a fuck about how tight your flow is LOL. So what you got a new set of wheels. So what they put your house on cribs. So what you filthy rich. So what you filthy bitch LOL.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

LOL@Check Two hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I agree. I was surprised he said he likes Little Wayne and Drake. I've never heard Kendrick Lamar. So i can't comment on him.
    I would recommend Lamar. Actually has MC talent, compared to Lil Wayne and Drake.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
    Kanye has an unbelievably large ego, but he knows better than to retaliate. Rappers like Kanye stay far away from Wu-Tang because they know they'd be chewed up and spit out in a heartbeat. Even that egomaniac knows it would be career suicide.
    Are you serious?
    It's the god, god.

Quote Originally Posted by diabolos88 View Post
    I would recommend Lamar. Actually has MC talent, compared to Lil Wayne and Drake.
    Yes!

He is an ill lyricist, even if it can't be met by presence

Good Kid Maad city can be a classic album, time will show
    Ain’t nobody hardcorer than me - U-God

Quote Originally Posted by gamefacekillah View Post
    12 reasons fukkin miders keynote soeaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    Rofl at cilva not being considered a killa bee.

RZAs going to take away his wu badge and gun.