Thread: The top five most miserable sports cities

Default The top five most miserable sports cities

No. 5: San Diego

Teams: Chargers, Padres, Rockets, Clippers

Championship Round Record: 1-6

Semi-Final Round Record: 3-3

Total Seasons/Championships: 107/1

Last Title: 1963

Chargers lost their only Super Bowl (1995), the Padres their only two World Series (1984 and 1998). Meantime, two professional basketball franchises have come and gone.

No. 4: Buffalo

Teams: Bills, Sabres, Braves

Championship Round Record: 2-6

Semi-Final Round Record: 6-6

Total Seasons/Championships: 103/2

Last Title: 1965

We all know the Bills are 0-4 in Super Bowls. But don’t forget the Sabres, who have competed in 29 Stanley Cup playoffs, including six semifinals, without a Cup.

No. 3: Phoenix

Teams: Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Coyotes

Championship Round Record: 1-3

Semi-Final Round Record: 4-9

Total Seasons/Championships: 101/1

Last Title: 2001

The Suns have reached the NBA western conference finals nine times without a championship.

No. 2: Atlanta

Teams: Falcons, Braves, Hawks, Flames, Thrashers

Championship Round Record: 1-5

Semi-Final Round Record: 6-10

Total Seasons/Championships: 159/1

Last Title: 1995

Oh, those Braves. Always near the top of the standings, but only hoisting the World Series trophy once at the end during a run of 14 straight division titles from 1991 to 2005. Meantime, the city’s two NHL franchises now play where people care about hockey, in Calgary and Winnipeg.

No. 1: Seattle

Teams (past and present): Seahawks, Mariners, Pilots, Sonics

Championship Round Record: 1-3

Semi-Final Round Record: 4-7

Total Seasons/Championships: 115/1

Last Title: 1979

Let us count the ways to misery: the Sonics are now one of the NBA’s elite teams – in Oklahoma City. A push to get basketball back via Sacramento didn’t make it. The 116-win Mariners of 2001 couldn’t finish the job. And a controversial call in the 2005 Super Bowl helped ensure a Seahawks loss to Pittsburgh.

Banned

i would like to give cleveland an honorable ,er, dishonerable mention.

since the superbowl era, they have not won a championship.

NFL - Browns 0 Super Bowl appearances. there is only 1 other non-recent expansion team to not have a suber bowl appearance. The Ravens then won 2 Super Bowls after leaving Cleveland.

MLB - Indians haven't won the World Series since 1948

NBA - Cavaliers have 0 Championships. Lebron won 2 after he left Cleveland

NHL - Barons played 2 seasons before merging with the North Stars. Finally won a Stanley Cup when the Stars moved to Dallas. This is the last team to cease operations in the 4 major american sports leagues.

-

LOL@Cleveland sports teams hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah the Indians, Browns, Cavs are pitiful. I don't think they'll ever win a championship. Lebron got the Cavs to the finals in 2007 but that'll never happen again LOL. Washington DC also has to be the most miserable city because the Redskins and Wizards haven't won championships in years. Redskins last championship was in the 90's. Wizards won a championship when they were the Bullets in the 70's. I guess you can put Baltimore with Washington DC since Baltimore is only a hour or two from Washington DC. Baltimore Orioles have never won a championship i think.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Baltimore won the super bowl this past season. lol

-

I know that. I'm just saying the Orioles suck.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

LOL@Cleveland sports teams hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah the Indians, Browns, Cavs are pitiful. I don't think they'll ever win a championship. Lebron got the Cavs to the finals in 2007 but that'll never happen again LOL. Washington DC also has to be the most miserable city because the Redskins and Wizards haven't won championships in years. Redskins last championship was in the 90's. Wizards won a championship when they were the Bullets in the 70's. I guess you can put Baltimore with Washington DC since Baltimore is only a hour or two from Washington DC. Baltimore Orioles have never won a championship i think.
    They won three World Series titles, the last in the great year if 1983....

-

You talking about the Orioles?

Yup.

-

I didn't know Baltimore Orioles won 3 championships. Maybe the Cavs might win some championships before Lebron retires but I won't be mad if they don't win any because i'll still be a Cavs fan when Lebron leaves.