Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7L Confirms Work On "Czarface II"

^Uncontrolled Substance is a better album, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by KJR View Post
    ^Uncontrolled Substance is a better album, amirite?
    Yes you are, maybe these people smoke too much PCP
    Ain’t nobody hardcorer than me - U-God

Quote Originally Posted by gamefacekillah View Post
    12 reasons fukkin miders keynote soeaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    Rofl at cilva not being considered a killa bee.

RZAs going to take away his wu badge and gun.

Peace CT

I hope this happens. Deck would then have 2 solid albums in a row. N we have never been able to say that. I could deal with Eso. N 7L brought a 90s feel to first album which is what this forum always begs for. Peace

[QUOTE=silent_whistler_uk;2342290]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
    Deck should be working with Black Milk or Adrian Younge.....

deck prolly cant afford to BM / AY

obviously ghost could...

some of the clan members have alienated themselves from working with other 'more mainstream artists/producers'
    I'm sure both these beatmakers would be honored to work with Deck. Not saying they should not get paid, but if Deck wants to he should easily get beats from them. Black Milk was honored that GZA chose 7 Pounds from his Beat Tape. He did not even get paid for it.

[QUOTE=TheFunkyDrummer;2342324]
    Quote Originally Posted by silent_whistler_uk View Post

I'm sure both these beatmakers would be honored to work with Deck. Not saying they should not get paid, but if Deck wants to he should easily get beats from them. Black Milk was honored that GZA chose 7 Pounds from his Beat Tape. He did not even get paid for it.
    As a Clan they could get beats from anyone, they are highly respected in the music industry.

Inspectah could get beats from both of these producers.

Add Apollo Brown and he has what it takes to do a dope album.

But Czarface must have sold decent numbers and ESO has good weed, cause there's gonna be another one.

IMO people should let the 90's rest. You can do sample based production and it doesn't have to sound dated or vintage.
    Last edited by Ancient One; 08-02-2013 at 10:40 AM.
    Ain’t nobody hardcorer than me - U-God

Quote Originally Posted by gamefacekillah View Post
    12 reasons fukkin miders keynote soeaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    Rofl at cilva not being considered a killa bee.

RZAs going to take away his wu badge and gun.

I really liked the first album, just listened to it again the other day. This is good news.

I really did not like the first album at all. Found it extremely corney, both Deck and Eso were pretty fuckin wack (dunno how any of u can think deck was dope on this, he's a shadow of his former self, flow is gone, delivery and lyrics shit), and none of the beats stood out, all generic pale boom bap imitations.

And grown men talking about superheroes and comic books? I have no problem with that whatsoever, look at Doom, forged a career outta it and made it dope to watch cartoons and read comics, but these guys just make it come off as forced, nerdy and just embarrassing.

Idk, maybe it's just me, the general consensus is dat it's dope

yeah its just you, nobody was expecting deck to channel triumph and above the clouds for a whole album. deck is cursed. he set the bar too high early in his career.

its a solid effort, nothing classic but definitely worth a listen.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Lol. At the thread title. First album was mediocre. Deck is burnt out. It was a good 20 year ride.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Deck sounds better on this album than he's sounded on any of his Solo shit in the past 10 years. It's not classic Wu style Deck but it's better than anything Meth or GZA has put out in about a half a decade.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Nothing Wu-Tang has put out this year has been all that good besides the Ghost Lp and that was just solid.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Deck hasn't chosen a good production line-up in his 20 year career, and suddenly he's going to do it now? But can't because Czarface II is taking up his time? Please.

Do you guys not remember how the horrifying "Manifesto" album? That is Deck's solo career. You want more of THAT?

This dream album of Deck rapping on all your favorite producer's beats...not gonna happen. I'd put a hypothetical Deck album over another Czarface album, too. But it's hypothetical.

7L & Esoteric got fucking DJ PREMIER on the album. Deck never got a beat for any solo album before. 7L & Esoteric made it happen. They also had him sounding 7 years younger. His voice wasn't fucked up for once.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortyCoffeeStain View Post
    Deck hasn't chosen a good production line-up in his 20 year career, and suddenly he's going to do it now? But can't because Czarface II is taking up his time? Please.

Do you guys not remember how the horrifying "Manifesto" album? That is Deck's solo career. You want more of THAT?

This dream album of Deck rapping on all your favorite producer's beats...not gonna happen. I'd put a hypothetical Deck album over another Czarface album, too. But it's hypothetical.

7L & Esoteric got fucking DJ PREMIER on the album. Deck never got a beat for any solo album before. 7L & Esoteric made it happen. They also had him sounding 7 years younger. His voice wasn't fucked up for once.
    Couldn't have said it better.
    I would like to hear another album. I bet they keep getting better.

No where to run to, no where to hide. Its the kid from the other side. "ZUPPO" World Wide!

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by ShortyCoffeeStain View Post
    CZARFACE is better than all of Deck's solo albums.

So I'd say a sequel is good news.
    Get off that pipe man. U must have never heard US.
    N.I.

Veteran Member

U.C.'s production wasn't the best either. It had some great moments but not enough to hold a whole album through. "Femme Fatale", "Forget Me Not", "Word On The Street", "Friction", "Show n Prove" & "The Cause" were the boring, lackluster tracks IMO. But Czar has ""Marvel Team Up", "Word War IV", "Shoguns" & sometimes on bad days "Dead Zone"