Thread: Protect Ya Neck (Original Version) ???

Default Protect Ya Neck (Original Version) ???

Does anybody have the original version of Protect Ya Neck. Today I was reading on Wikipedia about "Protect Ya Neck" and I found this information: "On the original recording version of the song, Inspektah Deck's verse came second, but RZA changed it to first in the order. The original beat was totally different, and all Wu-members were in a different order".

I know that Wikipedia is not a perfect source, but damn -- if this version really exists please lemme know!

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Really nobody?

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Rza got it ... and i think they got this info from rza's book

Yeah think U-God had a whole verse in the original?

^ I don't think. If he had recorded the whole verse RZA would've put it on

It never gets old.

Wu-Tang Clan - Protect Ya Neck

My Copy:

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    It never gets old.

Wu-Tang Clan - Protect Ya Neck

My Copy:
    Did you buy the single upon its release?

I only got familiar with the Wu when Meth dropped his first solo album. (There was no outlet for hiphop music here except for Yo!MTV raps once a week in the evening. How things have changed over the years!)

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    Does anybody have the original version of Protect Ya Neck. Today I was reading on Wikipedia about "Protect Ya Neck" and I found this information: "On the original recording version of the song, Inspektah Deck's verse came second, but RZA changed it to first in the order. The original beat was totally different, and all Wu-members were in a different order".

I know that Wikipedia is not a perfect source, but damn -- if this version really exists please lemme know!
    Dont buy that. cannot be true.
    I heard Rza state in various interviews (over the span of decades), that PYN was originally an INS track called 'Blowin Up tha Spot'.
    "First to set it off.... the Inspectah Deck!"
    The rest is glorious history.