Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Eminem announces Marshall Mathers LP part 2

Default Eminem announces Marshall Mathers LP part 2

Well, here we go...

Eminem lost it 10 years ago, Marshall Mathers LP was his last good album. This will either be embarrassing or it could be a return to form... like with Rae.

i'm always weary of sequel albums, i think rae's is the only dope one to date. i got low expectations from this, i really think dude is over the hill. i'll still check for it. his voice suonds closer to the old style, and i actually liked that pen/pad line, even though i'm going to burn in rap hell for it. this shit sounds very beasty boys to me though. i'm pretty sure there's irony in there somewhere.

another preview snippet:

that chorus is absolute doo-doo. but if this is the general sound he's going for with the new lp, and this is the historically shitty first single (real slim shady, without me, we made you, etc), so i hold ont oa slimmer of optimism, knowing full well my expectations will vastly outweigh the final product.

maybe that new cage will be a better return-to-white-rapper form than yhis

i'm reposting my own post in here to try n get the discussion going

Quote Originally Posted by THUGNIFICENT View Post
    i think eminem's post sober collapse has a lot to do with the death of his wiggerocity. (is it wiggerocity or wiggerdom?)

theres a reason the elvis comparisons exist. eminem wasnt a white guy rapping, he was a white rapper. it was the same thing as a gangsta rapper. he was playing a part. he used the nasaly pseudo-black whiteboy voice. he rocked wife beaters and du rags. this is how he came into the game, and this is how he acted until encore nad his mini retirement.

once he sobered up, he faced a lot of cold truths about reality. he wasnt being the father he should be to his kid, 50 cent is finished, etc. but worst of all, he discovered that he was a rich middle age white man.

i am a recovering wigger. it is a struggle, everyday, to wake up, get out of bed, and not impersonate a stereotypical black male. it's a disease, and i have to fight it every day.there's no white people out there who mimic any black stereotype besides the thug persona; how many youngish white boys do you know using the wisened southern black male cliche? "boy i dunno... who would even wish ta bring churn into this hea world?" every white person who tells you "nah, this is just how i talk" is lying, and we all know it, but some people humor wiggers more than others. but no matter how down a white person is, no matter how well the adapt the present vernacular, there's still this one thing they can't say. one word. it serves as a barrier between true cohesion as a wigger. this word gnaws at the wigger's soul, bcause he realizes that he'll never be able to fling this word about thoughtlessly (unless in the company of only white people) and so will never be able to be anything but an obvious, self conscious fraud. after the wigger finally realizes the futility of his cartoonish persona, he gives it up, and accepts whiteness. he says things like "geez", never takes offense to black comediens, and smells like soggy bologna. eminem was for many years king wigger, but that's as good as being the king of shit. eventually he was going to crumble.

when he came back with relapse he knew he was a phony. but he tried to be on that same shit, lyrically and otherwise. but he still had to deal with his conscious saying in the back of his head 'yo you're white, this isnt how you speak or behave.' hence the accents. but he was still trying to rap and act like slim shady on this, maybe for the last time ever.

even when he did the typical rap shit he does, there was a tinge of irony behind it, as if he was now trying to distance himself from his past wiggedry, as if it was a joke the whole time.
    go to five minutes

relapse was panned for the most part. the accents were one of the main reasons. he took a small break and rebuilt himself. the effort is mildly commendable, cause he dropped the minstrel parst of his identity for the most part. he wasnt the white character rapping anymore, but more of a white rapper.

he still tries to behave in a hip-hop way, but just from a white guy perspective. he doesnt smile in his interviews, which is hiphop, but its not because he's a thug but cause he's sober and wizened and whatever the fuck it is he's trying to project. he wears mildly "urban" clothes, but it's the kinda shit you'd call mildly "urban." black jackets and military fits instead of du rags and xxxxxl white tees. gone is the jiving drawl in his voice, now it's just roaring anger, screaming. no matter what the topic. its the only voice that is aggresive and masculine enough for hip hop standards that still keeps true to his caucasian genes.

all of this transforming has made em extremely self-conscious. more than ever, especially now as he has to face it cold and sober. so he tries to prove that he's still got it, he's still a lyricist, still hip-hop. that's why you got all the overly complex, forced rhyme schemes, the double time flows, the precise breath control. he's going so over the top trying to make shit fit technical standards so his shit is lifeless. add that to the wack voice and the fact that he's entering modern jay-z standards of having nothing to rap about. jay raps about his past, his family, and money. em raps about his past, his family, and poop.

here's a quick wrap-up.

marshall mathers = white boy with little to no culture to call his own. grew up around black people, gravitated towards that culture
    early eminem = marshall mathers + black persona
    new eminem = marshall mathers - black persona
    marshall mathers = white boy with little to no culture to call his own. thus new eminem is lifeless, bland, clueless, uninspired, directionless, and utterly devoid of personality.

the only way eminem will ever drop dope shit again for as long as he lives is if he picks up one of two things:
    1. drugs
    2. wiggerocity

interesting

I'm not hoping for anything groundbreaking, cause we lost that Eminem a decade ago. But with Rick Rubin in his corner, he might be able to motivate Eminem to step his pen game up, since he's been a disaster the past 3 years especially, and this is a heavy weight to carry.

Since 2010 Eminem's looked depressed, and downright defeated. Real zombie like. So this could also be an excuse to back out of emceeing and live more of a personal life if expectations aren't lived up to. I'll be surprised if he starts rapping about something with actual content again.

Immediately that snippet sucks.

Recovery sucked but Hell: The Sequel and Relapse were dope, so i won't write him off just yet.

ya that high pitched singing shit is so bad

Banned

eminem sounds like a withered wack washed up 40 something year old faggot that shoulda died last overdose...

WAIT... WHAT!?!!!?!?!?!!?

jimmy needs that $$$$$ marshall its time to work

LOL @ the executive producers

2 guys that do nothing but exist in name only in 2013

^ rick at work

^ dre at work

I just thought of something. Aren't 'The Eminem Show', 'Encore' and 'Recovery' all basically MMLP2? I mean conceptually, thematically how is this different?

If he wants to go back to the sound and quality of his 2nd LP fine, but the snippet he previewed was a fucking godawful beastie boys tribute with no relation to the original album.

By the sounds of that, hes not even gonna manage one decent pop single, let alone a decent album.

FRESH FISH

It looks like em is having a mid life crisis with the blonde hair and naming it mmlp2
    Last edited by Biz; 08-26-2013 at 12:13 PM.

haha that snippet was not what i expected. he needs to really quit singing like a faggot. and now he's rapping like a beastie boy? lol whats next

Eminem's best work is on the 8 Mile soundtrack, specifically the song Rabbit Run.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Those small snippets suck and is nothing like the MM style.....but I have faith in him cuz I've seen him drop heat in a lot of freestyles since 2010 with his old grimey flow....
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

Veteran Member

All that uptempo, loud, high pitched voice stuff is garbage. I like my rappers with grimy voices that are low pitched and nonchalant.