Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: U-god & Masta killa's last albums are their best

Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    I dont understand why 12RTD gets the "rushed" title. Seems like fans just throw that label out there when they need to critique an album. 12RTD is the best Wu related album in ages, in my opinion. While I feel 'Selling My Soul' had 4-5 good tracks. N i know its a solo album, but u lose points for me when a general drops an album with 0 Wu guests. Peace
    This. 12RTD actually feels like a whole album, made with an idea and a concept behind it. Easily the best album from the camp since SC. I don't want to take anything away from some dope projects that have dropped since then. Still most recent Wu albums are rappers over throwaway beats or beattape tracks. There's no connection.

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP BLOODSHOT View Post
    Ok damn, did you guys see the video to Things aint just the same? That is the appitamy of sawg my Gs. I mean come on wtf is swag a not an acceptable term amongnst wu fans?
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=swag

Aside from swag (which dosen't count for shit anymore) SMS has alot of substance and feel to it, unlike 12RTD which comes across hokey and contrived. MK is embracing a more laid back west coast style, flow and delivery which I'm guessing is whats making fans tune out. I think its a plus cause its something new & different coming from a Wu general.
    I can understand it getting no points for the no fam features, but its has that WU sound production wise and with the movie samples.
    Also this album is a concept album about uplifting the mind and soul, just read the track list. Hes showing and proving on this album with his introspective lyrics and its very dynamic as opposed to an album with 16 cuts all about murder and killing.
    As far as MCing, this album is more diverse and complex than anything hes done so far, R U listening?

ok buddy your preaching to the coir here, so im going to put it down like this. i copped the vinyl / cd package when it dropped (the vinyl was very late arriving.... not a good look) and at first i was hype to hear the new shit since its been awhile since the last.... but then u put it on.... first track is a "skit" and then "intro"/// that in iteself doesnt make sense. the first few tracks hav a good vibe, don't get me wronge but it's like someone said earlier it doesnt flow together or feel like an album..... more like an unreleased compilation or something.... then that kurupt shit comes on..... and whatever soul train u were vibin too gets derailed literally.... IMO side b is much better when and if i choose to listen to this i usually start with side b. tracks like "food", "all natural", "wise words".... that shit is actually really dope . then AGAIN a track like "divine glory" comes on and ruins everything...... how can you say this is a diverse and complex album???? it has absolutely no consistency it even manages to punish the listener for being tolerant & patient with the end results. i havnt been able to listen to this "album" (if thats what u want to call it) since the first time i played it. lol word. peace

i disagree with the OP..
    Christianity = White Supremacy

what is appitamy?

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    what is appitamy?
    50% off all google playstore apps.
    Last edited by THE W; 09-02-2013 at 07:13 PM.
    Christianity = White Supremacy

^^ meant to write "epitome"

To each his own, but I have to say for an album that is close to 40 mins long with only 1 guest feature spot is an official album. IMO it has more classic cuts than any other Wu related album Ive heard from recently. More than 12RTD that's for sure.
    To complain about how an album is put together it arrangement ex., skit than intro, is taking away from whats important and thats what these joints are saying. He spits some ill shit in that intro.

Is this for real?

europe cave dwellers repping strong itt

Keynote is easily U-God's best LP (and I like Golden & Dopium).

Selling My Soul is good and I love MK's flow over the past couple years, but it only seems half finished, if you take away skits and shit like that it's really only like 10 songs... and one of them was released like 2 years before. Plus I completely agree about losing points for not having a single Wu-Feature. Ghost would have killed some of those beats.

Masta Killa definitely should've fleshed out SMS a little more. Made it a little longer, cut the skits, and it would've been the best Wu album in years.

Masta Killa's "No said Date" was his best album.
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

No Said Date is Classic, but for more other reasons than MK's performance. Not that he wsant dope or anything but its like the same thing with OBCL.
    On this one he suprinsingly destroys everything single handly.

KeyNote is better than Redemption IMO, Redemption has weak hooks and Uey (even tho he kills it), spit some wack lines ex., "captain crunch/munch on you for lunch" or " what the hell, you escaped well"

Veteran Member

and Keynote has rhymes of the year ? LOL

An album needs both production value & lyricism to be good. MK sounded like he was trying to copy GZA's slow style. NSD will always be better.