Thread: ! New Rza Article!

Banned

Default ! New Rza Article! Possible wu-tang movie????

"I made a bridge between music and film," RZA said.

RZA is in the upcoming movie "Derailed" also starring Clive Owen and Jennifer Aniston hitting theaters Friday, Nov. 11. The film follows a man named Charles (Owen) who has a normal Chicago commuter life, but the day he misses his train he meets Lucinda (Aniston). As things progress they eventually find themselves at a hotel, despite the fact that they are both married with children. Then a man named La Roche bursts in demanding money for blackmail from both Lucinda and Charles. Unwilling to pay, Charles asks for assistance in killing La Roche from his friend, Winston, played by RZA.

Originally RZA was approached only to score the film.

"I had been scoring films for a while, including the 'Kill Bill' movies with Quentin Tarantino, and the director of 'Derailed' asked me to do it for this."

However, RZA found it hard to focus on the pieces that he needed to deliver for the film and decided to pass on it. But the soundtrack will be released on RZA's record label.

"I was then handed a few scripts and saw that 'Derailed' was one of them, and my agent said I had to audition for it." RZA was also looking at the script for "Four Brothers," starring Mark Wahlberg, but decided to pass and take on "Derailed." "I was not cast the first time around. I got it on the second try," RZA said.

In trying to "bridge the gap between music and film," RZA still has many ambitions for the future. "I want to direct more films. I did a few of my own music videos and directed the Bobby Digital stuff, but I want to do more of that."

Acting as Winston, he is concerned with how the audience will take to him. "If they hate me, then I'll take it as failure, but I will continue to learn and improve my skill. But if they like me, then I got it made," RZA said.

RZA is new to the Hollywood scene and has many people that he wants to work with.

"I want to work with Don Cheadle, and I don't care if Robert DeNiro shoots me, man, I want to work with him," he said.

RZA found that it was important to have this role because he found it was a very different character than his own personality. "My agent made me pass on so many great roles because he doesn't want me to be another black man." he said. "He wants me to be the man who happens to be black, and that is why it's important to be a character actor. You need to try and avoid being type cast."

In trying to compare Derailed to some of his other projects like "Bobby Digital" or "Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai," "There is no comparison," RZA said. "'Derailed' is a psychological thriller, nothing like the kung-fu movies I've done in the past."

Upcoming projects for RZA are a new album that will be released in 2006 that he says is "the best hip-hop album," but there was no mention of any film involvement as of yet. "It depends on how the audience takes to me in 'Derailed.'"

There has been mention of a possible movie concerning the Wu-Tang Clan. "I have the story outlined and ready for selling, but I want Hollywood to come to me. It isn't a priority right now, but I do want to get it done before we are all too old to play ourselves."

In trying to hone his skills as a director, he has taken on Quentin Tarantino as a mentor. "You have to humble yourself to a greater authority. You have to find a good master and keep studying the art of it. That's why Quentin is my homeboy."

Derailed opens wide on Friday.

Veteran Member

Default Re: ! New Rza Article!

nice article. A wu tang movie like 8 mile type? wud be very interestin
    When the revolution come, you can see me on the frontline
    firing my gun, standing right beside my son
    so when he grows up, he'll understand that i stood for somethin
    when my whole life, they told me i was good for nothin... - Inspectah Deck

Sounds good!

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

much props art for this stuff u been finding
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay

In trying to hone his skills as a director, he has taken on Quentin Tarantino as a mentor. "You have to humble yourself to a greater authority. You have to find a good master and keep studying the art of it. That's why Quentin is my homeboy."

Derailed opens wide on Friday.
    love it when he says shit like that
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ol dirty abbot
    much props art for this stuff u been finding
    no problem

Shit dude, if Eminem and that mumbling momkey can have movies made about them, Wu-Tang would blow people's fucking minds, damn that would be awesome.

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco

yeah, nice article

props!

peace!
    Shaolin shadowboxin' and the wu-tang swordstyle...
    If what you say is true...
    The shaolin and the wu-tang could be dangerous!
    En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...

thank you
    Christianity = White Supremacy